Poll

Revive EU2?

No
14 (23.7%)
Yes
45 (76.3%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Voting closed: January 27, 2018, 05:22:14 pm

Author Topic: Revive EU2?  (Read 2398 times)

Offline Athelar

• Baron
  • Renown: 131
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shaxi, Athelar, Drappi
  • IRC nick: Drappi
Revive EU2?
« on: December 28, 2017, 05:22:14 pm »
+11
Hello guys,

I was wondering if it was possible to somewhat revive EU2 again? I'm sure there are a lot of players that still miss to play siege, and personally, I like the choice to play siege a little if battle gets too tiring to play.

I'm not talking about reviving siege with immediate effect, but in the coming months get it going a little, split up players from EU1. (still not enough overall players, but feel like we're slowly getting there) I think if we get siege going for a little, people that prefers siege over battle will slowly be coming back and keep playing, meaning a wider playerbase in the end.

Not so many days ago, we were 120 players in EU1, which I think is too much for battle. 30v30 is fine, but after that it begins to be chaotic, however I wouldn't mind playing 120 players in siege as it would remind me more of strategus in the old days.

Please vote and/or share your personal opinion.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 05:49:10 pm by Shaxi »

Offline Porthos

• Marshall
  • Renown: 779
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • The February Patch Survivor
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hello Kitty Clan (aka 'Clan For Fun')
  • Game nicks: Porthos_Woodstock, InvasionOfGiganticLANDCRABS, Random_Nobody, cRPG_Addict and many more
Re: Revive EU2?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 05:29:23 pm »
+2
I'd love to play some siege again, but I'm afraid that most of the people around are kind of a tryhards and they feel like EU1 satisfy their tryhard effords way much more than playing an actual fun mode like siege :(
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 05:49:52 pm by Porthos »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
<=== thanks to Tiny_Glancer <3 (never click on that image)
I'm not sure if ships are ingame
You Can't Kill Me

Offline Athelar

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2017, 05:29:53 pm »
I think even with recent success it might be a bit of a worry trying to get EU2 populated and split the population we have. That server needs really good and consistent pop to be fun, and unless it's populated during all peak hours it can be difficult to reliably drag people from battle.

Personally I'm keen to see how the population continues after the holidays when many people return to their usual routines. Though I'm optimistic about the effect a Strat reset in Feb might have, in particular on people who like to play siege.

That's true, but we'll just have to see what the future brings, regarding the amount of players.

Offline Athelar

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2017, 05:36:24 pm »
I'd love to play some siege again, but I'm afraid that most of the people around are kind of a tryhards and they feel like EU1 satisfy their tryhard effords way much than playing an actual fun mode like siege :(

You're right, I feel like more and more people now stick to the competitive part of cRPG, rather than to just play for fun. Playing competitively doesn't mean you can't have fun either, not saying that, but they begin to forget more about the fun things in siege, which is a shame.

Offline _Tamra_

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 296
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Greys & Druzhina & Vanguard & Mercs & Krems
  • Game nicks: Tamra & Asha Campana
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2017, 05:40:44 pm »
+8
For a EU2 revive you need to remove ladders again even though these are fun, but it makes defending quite pointless sometimes without a real chance for success. People losing multiplier too fast or in stupid ways so they leave, we had that yesterday.
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Definitely not a fucking forum warrior.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Offline ARN_

• Duke
  • Renown: 605
  • Infamy: 210
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Kalmarunionen_Arn
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2017, 05:41:16 pm »
NO

Can't play HA there
'You think you tell us what we do?'
'We not here for you entertainment'.
Eastern European sportsmanship 2014

Offline Kasigi_Yabu

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norsemen
  • Game nicks: Norr_of_Nordvegr, Tiger Mountain Peasant
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2017, 05:42:57 pm »
+1
We had at least 40 players on siege yesterday, but EU1 had more. It can happen, but while trying to kick start it with about 4 people it only works about 10% of the time when pop is high :(
(click to show/hide)

Offline Athelar

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2017, 05:43:22 pm »
+2
For a EU2 revive you need to remove ladders again even though these are fun, but it makes defending quite pointless sometimes without a real chance for success. People losing multiplier too fast or in stupid ways so they leave, we had that yesterday.

I agree, I wonder why they even added ladders to EU1/EU2 in the first place. They're annoying when people abuse them.

Offline Porthos

• Marshall
  • Renown: 779
  • Infamy: 84
  • The February Patch Survivor
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hello Kitty Clan (aka 'Clan For Fun')
  • Game nicks: Porthos_Woodstock, InvasionOfGiganticLANDCRABS, Random_Nobody, cRPG_Addict and many more
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2017, 05:46:08 pm »
+1
Maybe we should introduce the chat line attention (red one, like they have on some native servers), which would state that it is forbidden to place ladders on EU2. You know what I'm talking about. And maybe a couple of active admins too to watch people to follow this rule and to remind them about it.

Or just remove ladders completely, just like Shaxi said. I saw admins warning people for getting to the unreacheable spots with them, so I just wonder why this was even allowed, if it ends with a warns/kicks for using them anyway. Not to mention that ladders mostly just delaying the rounds and allowing ranged to annoy people even more :|
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 03:58:10 pm by Porthos »
<=== thanks to Tiny_Glancer <3 (never click on that image)
I'm not sure if ships are ingame
You Can't Kill Me

Offline Athelar

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2017, 05:59:18 pm »
+1
I think it was added when mod was ded as a kinda "lets have some fun" thing

I can see the fun in using it myself (just to clarify, I'm not doing it as ranged), but when people (talking mostly about ranged here) just do it to gain advantages, such as going on unreachable spots and afterwards just destroy it to make it unreachable for others that doesn't have a ladder at hand, it's no fun. It would be fair to just make it indestructible for EU1, without affecting other game modes. Otherwise, there needs to be clarified some rules for what is allowed and what is not.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2017, 08:34:10 pm »
+2
I think our playerbase is strong enough to slap in a 10 minute / 2 round siege map once an hour.
Also, during strat battles with 100+ players eu1 still has 40 players on from time to time. Some eu2 incentives would surely not split the playerbase in a detrimwntal way. But having eu 1 hoste a siege now and then is the way to go i think.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline woody

• Earl
  • Renown: 407
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Woody, Weebo, Wreky
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2017, 02:53:55 am »
+2
I find the ranged and cav spam on EU1 boring and if you survive that you meet 5-6 good players rolling as a gank.

However more of the players left prefer EU1 so putting siege rounds on EU1 would have the effect that conquest maps did to EU2, ie cause mass exodus.

pogosan

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2017, 01:48:06 pm »
+5

Offline Athelar

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2017, 08:34:58 pm »
+2
We had around 70 players in strat battle yesterday, while another 70+ were on EU1 and some on DTV, so I'm pretty sure the community could handle a split at this point, especially because siege is usually not played 24/7 like EU1 (I was up till 5:30am last night and EU1 had at least 10 players all the time).

Biggest issue is probably getting players to actually join. Even with 150 players on EU1, some will always prefer battle over siege, and others could fear that switching to siege will just kill the population and there won't be enough people on either modes.

One thing that I guess does bring me hope is that DTV is full right now whilst there are 64 players on EU1.

There's a good chance that there are people out there who only enjoy EU2 instead of EU1 and that those people are just playing DTV or not playing atm (I know I only started to enjoy EU1 when it was the only server populated a year or 2 ago)

Something like happy hours at different times could be interesting I guess. So there would be double XP on EU1 at 7 and double XP on EU2 at 8. And yeah, ladders on siege are retarded. Attackers get inside withing seconds after start, maps are not designed for that.

That's a brilliant idea. I wasn't expecting a lot of people to care about experience anymore, but turns out a lot of people play DTV and strategus just for that purpose. (other than strategus actually being fun). Different happy hour for EU2 would get it populated for some amount of time, then EU1 would get repopulated a bit again. But, I think the more this happy hour thing repeats on different hours, the more balanced those two game modes will be in how many is playing after a couple weeks.

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2017, 08:42:12 pm »
We had around 70 players in strat battle yesterday, while another 70+ were on EU1 and some on DTV, so I'm pretty sure the community could handle a split at this point, especially because siege is usually not played 24/7 like EU1 (I was up till 5:30am last night and EU1 had at least 10 players all the time).

Biggest issue is probably getting players to actually join. Even with 150 players on EU1, some will always prefer battle over siege, and others could fear that switching to siege will just kill the population and there won't be enough people on either modes.

Something like happy hours at different times could be interesting I guess. So there would be double XP on EU1 at 7 and double XP on EU2 at 8. And yeah, ladders on siege are retarded. Attackers get inside withing seconds after start, maps are not designed for that.

Did anyone update the siege-cycle? Because other than ladders, there were plenty of maps unsuited for low population in it, too. At least prior to the first death of this mod. Anything beyond 60 players should be fine, though. That was usually the cut-off for conquest maps.