Poll

Revive EU2?

No
14 (23.7%)
Yes
45 (76.3%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Voting closed: January 27, 2018, 05:22:14 pm

Author Topic: Revive EU2?  (Read 2424 times)

pogosan

Re: Revive EU2?
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2017, 08:49:28 pm »

Offline Larvae

• Count
  • Renown: 233
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: Barabe_Larvae
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2017, 08:55:07 pm »
+2
would be nice to have some siege again :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

- Through actions,a man becomes a hero. - Through death,a hero becomes a legend. - Through time,a legend becomes a myth. - And by learning from the myth,a man takes action -

Offline Porthos

• Marshall
  • Renown: 779
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • The February Patch Survivor
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hello Kitty Clan (aka 'Clan For Fun')
  • Game nicks: Porthos_Woodstock, InvasionOfGiganticLANDCRABS, Random_Nobody, cRPG_Addict and many more
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2017, 09:57:37 pm »
+1
Did anyone update the siege-cycle? Because other than ladders, there were plenty of maps unsuited for low population in it, too. At least prior to the first death of this mod. Anything beyond 60 players should be fine, though. That was usually the cut-off for conquest maps.
Yes, there was an update to the map rotation somewhere in Jan-Feb'16, thanks to Dupre. All the conquest maps are excluded. The map list maybe is a bit small (around 15-18 eintries only), but all of them are the balanced and quality ones.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
<=== thanks to Tiny_Glancer <3 (never click on that image)
I'm not sure if ships are ingame
You Can't Kill Me

Offline Nickleback

• Hero of The Chamber of Tears
  • Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 263
  • cRPG Player
  • Sheogorath -a Daedra Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2017, 10:52:48 pm »
Opened a thread for this thread in suggestions corner.

Offline tropik33

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dagoth_the_Dunmer, JazonN
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2017, 02:19:50 pm »
Maybe dumb idea but.. what about making something like "siege-hours" ? Once a day or week in specific time admin would change EU1 battle to siege for couple of hours and then switch it back.  Separate servers dont seem to work.
“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.”

Offline Athelar

• Baron
  • Renown: 131
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shaxi, Athelar, Drappi
  • IRC nick: Drappi
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2017, 05:12:01 pm »
Maybe dumb idea but.. what about making something like "siege-hours" ? Once a day or week in specific time admin would change EU1 battle to siege for couple of hours and then switch it back.  Separate servers dont seem to work.

I don't think forcing someone to play a specific game mode would help in any way. The point is to revive both game modes in a way so you can play something else than battle if you want to.

I think the best way to revive siege, is to like Pogosan said, make a different happy hour for battle and siege. Apparently a lot of people still care about experience which is nice to see, so adding a happy hour for EU2 e.g 6:00 pm and EU1 at 7:00 pm. It may not be very populated the first time of happy hour, but it'll increase and be a more constant amount after some time. Separate servers will work out, eventually.

Offline tropik33

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dagoth_the_Dunmer, JazonN
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2017, 11:23:29 pm »
Well, now we are kinda forced to play battle. You launch cRPG, see EU1 40/20 players, EU2 0 which server do you choose? Yeah, sure you can go to EU2 but this server is always empty. People always will join populated server. I cant see how additional XP (in specific hours which a lot of casual players might not be aware of) would make people switch servers. Or if somehow it will and some people go to siege there will not be many players. Yay fun stuff, 10 vs 10. No point in doing that imo. I think that everyone could handle 1-2 hours of siege (from time to time). 

Apparently a lot of people still care about experience
You sure about that ?
“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.”

Offline Athelar

• Baron
  • Renown: 131
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shaxi, Athelar, Drappi
  • IRC nick: Drappi
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2017, 02:09:50 pm »
Well, now we are kinda forced to play battle. You launch cRPG, see EU1 40/20 players, EU2 0 which server do you choose? Yeah, sure you can go to EU2 but this server is always empty. People always will join populated server. Or if somehow it will and some people go to siege there will not be many players. Yay fun stuff, 10 vs 10. No point in doing that imo. I think that everyone could handle 1-2 hours of siege (from time to time). 
 You sure about that ?

I know that a lot of people care about XP, there's a reason why people play strategus. Why wouldn't they want to populate siege? It's almost like strategus. I don't know about you, but I see at least 60 players a day, and on weekends a lot more. I didn't say it would be easy to repopulate it, but I said give it some time. There's gonna be many more than just 10v10, if you look at the amount of people voting "Yes" to revive siege. It just doesn't really feel like revival if you switch the game mode to siege on a battle server. The point is to have both running, so you can switch between both of them from time to time when you get bored.

I cant see how additional XP (in specific hours which a lot of casual players might not be aware of) would make people switch servers.

What's your definition of a casual player? One who doesn't check the forums? Newbies? Obviously it would say the time of happy hour under game rules when you join.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 05:25:36 pm by Shaxi »