Author Topic: 0.5.1.9 (well, almost) Christmas Miracles, more fixes  (Read 4030 times)

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
Re: 0.5.1.9 (well, almost) Christmas Miracles, more fixes
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2017, 08:17:06 pm »
code monkeys
GJ
Professor Larrity's got back.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 08:29:33 pm by Asheram »
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Nehvar

• Duke
  • Renown: 550
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2017, 09:25:14 pm »
+9
I have a few possible bugs to report regarding the awesome new-ish narfy armors.

**Finger Gauntlets -- items_kinds has this as leather_gauntlet_newL when the mesh name is leather_gauntlet_new_L.  Also, the hands of these gloves appear rather small in-game.  Not sure why...they don't appear that small in the brf.

**Leather Greaves -- The mesh (narf_leather_boots) is stretched to the point of chicken legs.  Thankfully you kept a copy of the previous version in the brf so I've been fixing it on my end since the change.  I imagine that wasn't your intent though.

**Red Brigandine over Aketon -- This seems like it should be using the version you have in your brf (narf_brigandine_red), like the rest of Narf's brigandine armors, but is still using Raylin's version (new_brigandine_red).

**Blue Brigandine over Aketon -- The Barabans_items.brf lists a material name "brigandine_blue" that was already defined in narfs_men_at_arms_pack.brf and used by the Blue Brigandine in your brf.  They share a diffuse map but have different bump and specular maps.

The last thing is not a bug but a selfish gripe.  The difficulty of brigandine over mail seems high (16).  When compared to other armors in that range, like the plated hauberk over aketon (also 16) and the knight armors (14), it seems like it should be more of a 15.  In fact a couple other armors in that area seem off as well but who cares about those lesser peasant armors.

And finally...don't forget to take a break and have a beer once in a while.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
WSE2 gives us the key to a wonderful world of butthurt...

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2017, 09:41:58 pm »
And finally...don't forget to take a break and have a beer once in a while.
Need a Table to set that mug on?

sry dont know how to make this pic smaller.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 10:35:47 pm by Asheram »
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Pandemona

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 321
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • We are all of us what we do
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Pandemona
  • IRC nick: Pandemona
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2017, 11:27:57 pm »
+5
Considering that an average cRPG player is drowning in gold, it might be prudent to couple this strat reset with some form of a wipe to gold. The subject of a wipe has been a testy topic, but as far as I can tell, wiping (not all, but some amount) of gold is a better place to start. I'm still not sure whether I want to do this, so it'll take some time to mull it over.
Also, to combat the current state of gold, I'll be reducing gold gains. I attempted this on DTV, but oddly enough my code was rejected and ignored by the engine. Additionally, the Iron Bank of Calradia is aware of this problem, and as a countermeasure will begin the biweekly (or weekly) auction of a heirloom point soonTM.

How about you implement shop respecs to make it easier for us to get rid of our unnecessary gold ?

It would be great for those who want to try over 9000 builds within a day, also it might mean lesser retirements because most people will no longer need to retire and change their builds, therefore lesser loompoints around which will probably increase loompoint prices therefore reduce the amount of gold players have.
Remember remember the fifth of November. The gunpowder, treason and plot. I know of no reason, why the gunpowder treason, should ever be forgot.

Offline WarLord

• Earl
  • Renown: 354
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2017, 11:37:40 pm »
Someone openend a thread about this in the bug section already: Some characters lost their title with the latest patches/changes.

I for example had two Veterans, and while one of them (still alevel 33 char) lost the title, the other one (level 30) still has it. So for me it seems like a bug/unwanted thing.

Please give the lost titels back or, if it's wanted that way, delete all the old titles, because right now it doesn't make any sense.  :D

Offline Pandemona

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 321
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • We are all of us what we do
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Pandemona
  • IRC nick: Pandemona
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2017, 11:51:52 pm »
How about you implement shop respecs to make it easier for us to get rid of our unnecessary gold ?

It would be great for those who want to try over 9000 builds within a day, also it might mean lesser retirements because most people will no longer need to retire and change their builds, therefore lesser loompoints around which will probably increase loompoint prices therefore reduce the amount of gold players have.

For example, i just realised that i've made a mistake with my build and put 3 to shield instead of 2. So please allow me to pay for it with my gold rather than my time. If you want you can make it more valuable as you get to higher levels as well.

So if you are worried about people changing their builds before strategus battles to have the class advantage, it will cost them so much that it will not be a viable way.
Remember remember the fifth of November. The gunpowder, treason and plot. I know of no reason, why the gunpowder treason, should ever be forgot.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2017, 03:14:16 am »
nothing wrong with the multiplier system unless you plan to make it better as the bannerstack is what cuts new players off a bit more because of autobalnce which switches you alot if not on a stack but I have seen it come out in the wash being on teams with a multi and teams without throughout
PENDULUM

Offline RD_Professor

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
  • goon
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2017, 04:24:42 am »
+1
Would appreciate if you could peek at possibility of running a scene editor with cRPG module. It crashes on launch when cRPG module is loaded via Warband launcher.
I managed to do that at some point, I think I had to run it without WSE2 for that to work. The mapper guys probably know better than me about that
shoot me on discord or real life

pogosan

« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2017, 07:23:33 pm »
+2

Offline suyu

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • made in China
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: PCX
  • IRC nick: PCX
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2017, 09:08:33 am »
+2
Thanks
made in China

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2017, 09:29:45 pm »
+1
Am i crazy or did the sheperd's axe get -2 speed and -2 pierce with the last patch ?

Offline RD_Professor

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
  • goon
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2017, 09:54:02 pm »
+2
Am i crazy or did the sheperd's axe get -2 speed and -2 pierce with the last patch ?
Yes, it did. I'll post changelog sometime today.
shoot me on discord or real life

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2018, 10:45:57 pm »
+1
sounds great! :)

i don't see buff board shields anywhere though :'(

#boardshields2018  :D  :lol:
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Daniisme

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2018, 12:30:48 am »
Explain happy hour please Oo?