Author Topic: Needs to be talked about  (Read 14678 times)

Offline Seadle

• Baron
  • Renown: 96
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sloths
  • Game nicks: Seadle
  • IRC nick: Seadle
Re: Needs to be talked about
« Reply #105 on: July 25, 2017, 01:02:59 am »
+6
to all my fellow trollers out there, if you don't wanna get banned it's simple, just become an admin like me ! you don't even need a lemon'd account

Admins hate him, just follow his simple tips
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

LOL U MAD my old friendOT ?? 1V1 ME ANY SERVER ANY DAY, SAME RESULT KIDDO, UR COMPLETE AND UDDER DESTRUKTION!! I EFFORDLESSLY DESTROY U WITH PING CHAMBER AND EPIK FEINTS SO FUCK OFF !!

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #106 on: July 25, 2017, 01:19:57 am »
+1
I'm well aware and support it, but an dev taking action on something that has already been resolved and then taking the process a step further by altering more than the name.

I see you haven't read any of the thread either, I'll help out how this thread was started and what it originally was about. Banned for having the name MechaHitler and changed the name, then the name was changed AGAIN and character was altered, by a pseudoadmin who had nothing to do with the incident, you telling me to "man the fuck up" after an obvious abuse of power was brought to light doesn't help your cause of what you are trying to get across.

Blaming me for your lack of the mental capacity to write out what really happened in your own thread is rather idiotic of you. You're the creator of the thread and the one who should be writing in detail what your problem is, don't blame me for your lack of ability to explain something properly.

Moving on from your own idiocy...

If it's the case that Horns just changed your name AFTER you had already made the change from Mechah1tler or whatever the fuck it was then yeah, I'll agree with you, that's a dick move and unnecessary as the name had already been changed. Either way though, we're complaining at a rate that makes it sound like Horns did something terrible like ban 50 people for no reason when in reality all he did was change a fucking name and move you off of STF which you could easily within a couple of seconds change back to. Like, really? THIS is what we've chosen to cry about? It's a bit pathetic if you ask me.

Was this technically abuse of a power given to Horns? Yep

Was this REALLY harmful at all? Lol, not even slightly.

Come back and complain when you have something substantial to cry about, I'll happily then stand behind you and cry with you but until then your case is retarded.

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline Hlin

• Knight
  • Renown: 39
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 25, 2017, 01:30:26 am »
+3
I think Horns changing the guys name to something funny rather than just banning the dude for having his name changed is a much nicer response lol

Seadle was banned without warning or prior solicitations of wrongful character name activity. He was issued an ultimatum to change the name or remain banned.

if I could set my name to "killalltheblacks" and then have my name changed to "iloveafricanamericans"

Hardly - On the NA server(s) we have multiple people with more offensive names that are allowed by the Badmins (Niggardly_XXXXX, XXXXNagger, etc).
(click to show/hide)
Or, the players that spam the word "friend" on a daily basis without any consequences (even with moderators actively playing).

This seems to have to do more with favoritism than actually enforcing cRPG's rules.

[...] man the fuck up you dumbasses, I piss around and get banned for it but at least I sit down and take my DESERVED ban like a man.

That's right, man up! Just take it in the butt, no need to resist.

Offline Seadle

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 25, 2017, 01:39:30 am »
Blaming me for your lack of the mental capacity to write out what really happened in your own thread is rather idiotic of you. You're the creator of the thread and the one who should be writing in detail what your problem is, don't blame me for your lack of ability to explain something properly.

Moving on from your own idiocy...

If it's the case that Horns just changed your name AFTER you had already made the change from Mechah1tler or whatever the fuck it was then yeah, I'll agree with you, that's a dick move and unnecessary as the name had already been changed. Either way though, we're complaining at a rate that makes it sound like Horns did something terrible like ban 50 people for no reason when in reality all he did was change a fucking name and move you off of STF which you could easily within a couple of seconds change back to. Like, really? THIS is what we've chosen to cry about? It's a bit pathetic if you ask me.

Was this technically abuse of a power given to Horns? Yep

Was this REALLY harmful at all? Lol, not even slightly.

He did do something terrible, he abused the power he was given for his own laughs.
The thread was about the abuse of the power. If you had read the thread you can already read what happened.

What exactly is pathetic about bringing up something that needed to be addressed? This is very harmful as it shows just how much the players don't trust the administrative abilities of some people and brings to light how the admins are going to do whatever the fuck they please when they please, I had no problem doing what needed to be done to be unbanned by Sparvico, this however crossed the line. In two separate senses that a pseudoadmin involved himself in a situation that was taken care of and then using his powers for his own laughs.

LOL U MAD my old friendOT ?? 1V1 ME ANY SERVER ANY DAY, SAME RESULT KIDDO, UR COMPLETE AND UDDER DESTRUKTION!! I EFFORDLESSLY DESTROY U WITH PING CHAMBER AND EPIK FEINTS SO FUCK OFF !!

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #109 on: July 25, 2017, 03:20:15 am »
+4
He did do something terrible, he abused the power he was given for his own laughs.
The thread was about the abuse of the power. If you had read the thread you can already read what happened.

What exactly is pathetic about bringing up something that needed to be addressed? This is very harmful as it shows just how much the players don't trust the administrative abilities of some people and brings to light how the admins are going to do whatever the fuck they please when they please, I had no problem doing what needed to be done to be unbanned by Sparvico, this however crossed the line. In two separate senses that a pseudoadmin involved himself in a situation that was taken care of and then using his powers for his own laughs.

My point isn't about whether he abused his power or not my point is HOW he abused his power, which is basically not at all, because all he did was change a name tag lol. Horns shouldn't have interfered in another Admins dealings yes, but honestly why do you give so much of a shit about the fact that you had your name changed on C-RPG, do you not have the 1000 gold to change it back? If you're that poor I'll happily give you 100k to get you back on your feet lol.

Guarantee you back in the day if chadz changed somebodies offensive name nobody would give two shits and they'd move on. The thing I find pathetic is how offended you seem to be over something so fucking stupid as this, it's like crying over the fact someone poked you, it's completely over the top and pointless, I'll make sure to make a thread next time Horns makes a special group to stop me spamming shit on Discord as it's clearly abuse of power and I'll get loads of support even though I was the one who caused the issue in the first place.

Seadle was banned without warning or prior solicitations of wrongful character name activity. He was issued an ultimatum to change the name or remain banned.

Hardly - On the NA server(s) we have multiple people with more offensive names that are allowed by the Badmins (Niggardly_XXXXX, XXXXNagger, etc).
(click to show/hide)
Or, the players that spam the word "friend" on a daily basis without any consequences (even with moderators actively playing).

This seems to have to do more with favoritism than actually enforcing cRPG's rules.

That's right, man up! Just take it in the butt, no need to resist.
It's been made very clear right from the start that racist behaviour isn't tolerated in C-RPG, if he doesn't bother adhering to that then that's his own fault. I see no problem with the ultimatum, change the name from something racist to something not racist and voila, problem solved.

In regards to the whole use of racial slurs towards black people, that's a whole other matter, I was using that name as an example for something else, not for whether X name would get X punishment.

I will give you that, and I fully agree with you on the whole favouritism side of things, we have a rule and it should be enforced on everyone, not a select few.
(Made some large font post about it here: http://forum.melee.org/the-chamber-of-tears/message-2-a-certain-somebody-thats-middle-aged-and-bald/90/)

But, either way, the fact that favouritism may/may not be prevalent in some of the admins is regardless, the issue lies in those that aren't being punished, not the other way around. If we stop punishing everyone on the basis that an admin shows favouritism to player X then what's the point in having rules to begin with? Ban those that are breaking the rules and aren't being punished, don't stop banning players for breaking the rules that aren't being universally enforced, I think we can all agree on that premise, no?

« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 03:27:09 am by Yeldur »

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline Hlin

• Knight
  • Renown: 39
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 25, 2017, 03:45:55 am »
It's been made very clear right from the start that racist behaviour isn't tolerated in C-RPG
Because the name MechaHi┼ler ... is racist?

Might as well ban everyones last name.  :rolleyes:

Anyway, thats my two cents on the topic. See you all in-game.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #111 on: July 25, 2017, 03:47:06 am »
Yeah you can't be adolph

Offline Seadle

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 25, 2017, 05:48:29 am »
+1
Yeah you can't be adolph

What about Adolf?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 07:27:58 am by Seadle »

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #113 on: July 25, 2017, 06:41:36 am »
to all my fellow trollers out there, if you don't wanna get banned it's simple, just become an admin like me ! you don't even need a lemon'd account
We always need an Aussie or Kiwi on the team. Used to be HappyPhantom now it's you

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #114 on: July 25, 2017, 08:13:22 am »
+3
can we all just stop for a moment and cherish another one of plumbo's posts. Every time this guy says something I just can't help myself but read it a couple of times and wish I could +1 whatever the fuck he said at least twice. "the it has spoken" lmao

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #115 on: July 25, 2017, 09:25:14 am »
gib link cant find
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 25, 2017, 09:34:00 am »
+1
gib link cant find

Im glad it was you gravoth.
because I was clearly out to prove a point
I posted it purposely to get a rise out of you/others.

except...the others...they just ignored it m8. makes you think.
1. it shouldn't get a rise out of anyone, people have ALWAYS chosen to be offended or not, these days people go out of their way to be a victim. if you get offended by someone, that's YOUR choice.
2. in the past, if someone wanted to be the village idiot, you let them, they weren't even given a platform they were just ignored. you can have all the free speech you want, but if you are being ridiculous...why take you seriously? nowadays nobody ignores nothing, we give complete idiots a platform under the notion that all are to be respected, regardless of how much they have or haven't earned it. and even worse, if they haven't earned respect... we still take them seriously?!?! fuck that, you keep your millennial reindeer gaymes to yourself ffs.

no goddamn millennial should be an admin, clearly they're fucking crazy, and obviously cant be trusted with any amount of power.

if people cant ignore the names/chat other people use, THAT IS ON THEM.
you fucking tools are here to enforce RULES, not behaviour, everyone that's posted about this being nothing more than a massive power abuse...is spot on right. lol, ya, be a troll, that will show those trolls! you have a mute bitch! use the shit. if they bypass/start spamming non stop, that's when its acceptable for you to act. don't be going around giving my char some title that only half fits me (yes, I bitch, no, I do not, play. had my fill of you fucks tbh.)

(click to show/hide)

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 25, 2017, 11:23:45 am »
+6
okay I'll kinda just toss my penny in here and state some things.

- first and foremost I am no longer a member of the admin team and definitely not speaking for them...

Seadle: I half agree with you on certain conditional things. However, the initial name itself is what put you in this situation. The fact remains had you not decided to skurt the gray areas of the rules; ones that aren't even so gray mind you. You could not have possibly been put in this position, where a dev toyed with certain aspects of your account. Drawing attention to yourself is where you went wrong; enough attention that a person with the abilities to do said things to your account took notice. I hope you see that you are indeed 100% at fault for putting yourself right here.

Now the tricky part; Yes Horns trolled you. He changed certain aspects of your account and that in my mind is totally unacceptable. I, like many others before me, practiced unorthodox punishments, none that threatened the integrity of anyone's account though. Horns shouldn't have changed your name manually, he shouldn't have removed the skip the fun status of the character either. That said none of this is without precedent... Other devs in the past have practiced said trolling to specific people in the past... people of more infamy than you certainly but times have changed. This doesn't make horns wrong and it definitely doesn't make him right either.

In all, I'm sitting about 60-70% in favor of Seadle that any messing with accounts by devs should be blocked unless otherwise NEEDED or REQUESTED.

The normal process of forcing name changes was not followed and I think that is where people like Gristle an old player is finding un-comfort with. I think many people are confused as to what happened here and why Seadle is saying it needs to be talked about. The main issue here is that Seadle's ban record is relatively clean if not clear and a dev with zero experience decided to alter minor aspects of the account which puts a spot light on the moral integrity of said dev... People begin to question whether or not they can trust this person and when people that don't break the rules begin to question the moral integrity of a community leader things can get messy.

I know I am not well liked to say the least but If anyone takes anything I say seriously anymore I would highly advise against minor alterations of people's accounts as that type of manual enforcement appears biased and can never lead to a solid good outcome.

Unadvisable really.

I'll go back to not being serious about anything now.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 11:27:47 am by Nightingale »

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #118 on: July 25, 2017, 11:48:55 am »
+1
Im glad it was you gravoth.
because I was clearly out to prove a point
I posted it purposely to get a rise out of you/others.

except...the others...they just ignored it m8. makes you think.
1. it shouldn't get a rise out of anyone, people have ALWAYS chosen to be offended or not, these days people go out of their way to be a victim. if you get offended by someone, that's YOUR choice.
2. in the past, if someone wanted to be the village idiot, you let them, they weren't even given a platform they were just ignored. you can have all the free speech you want, but if you are being ridiculous...why take you seriously? nowadays nobody ignores nothing, we give complete idiots a platform under the notion that all are to be respected, regardless of how much they have or haven't earned it. and even worse, if they haven't earned respect... we still take them seriously?!?! fuck that, you keep your millennial reindeer gaymes to yourself ffs.

no goddamn millennial should be an admin, clearly they're fucking crazy, and obviously cant be trusted with any amount of power.

if people cant ignore the names/chat other people use, THAT IS ON THEM.
you fucking tools are here to enforce RULES, not behaviour, everyone that's posted about this being nothing more than a massive power abuse...is spot on right. lol, ya, be a troll, that will show those trolls! you have a mute bitch! use the shit. if they bypass/start spamming non stop, that's when its acceptable for you to act. don't be going around giving my char some title that only half fits me (yes, I bitch, no, I do not, play. had my fill of you fucks tbh.)

(click to show/hide)

damn.  Ill just quote this again,  cause.  nice.

and ill quote boyz in the hood here.

"never respect anybody that doesnt respect you back."

Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline bensai

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 630
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player
  • Bᴏxɪɴɢ Cʜᴀᴍᴘ #ᴄRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
  • Game nicks: assington
« Reply #119 on: July 25, 2017, 01:24:27 pm »
okay I'll kinda just toss my penny in here and state some things.

- first and foremost I am no longer a member of the admin team and definitely not speaking for them...

Seadle: I half agree with you on certain conditional things. However, the initial name itself is what put you in this situation. The fact remains had you not decided to skurt the gray areas of the rules; ones that aren't even so gray mind you.[/i] You could not have possibly been put in this position, where a dev toyed with certain aspects of your account.

they are pretty gray, tbh

this is all we have to go by for the naming rule:
"No offensive character names. If in doubt about a name, pick another one." -cmp

now i know we aren't total children and idiots and should be able to establish what kind of a name is offensive or not, and i see the admins' view on this. However, this being a point in my "spooky ghost" argument, it's not very black and white as to how the admins decide if a name's offensive. for all intents and purpose, based off the actions of these last couple weeks, an admin can dictate whatever player's name they like as being offensive if they can come up with some sort of step-by-step, follow the breadcrumbs trail, linking that name to something offensive (i.e. because ghosts are traditionally white, and ghosts are often physically personified in films by actors wearing white bedsheets, and white bedsheets were also used to make the shitty robes of the ku klux klan, therefore the name "spookyghost" alludes to racism and lynching, however as long as you have a name with ghost in it but DO NOT wear white armor, you are good. only a little autistic).

maybe the admins should draw the distinct line and give specific examples of what constitutes offensiveness. perhaps in the Name rules, it should be specifically noted that using h1tler in a name is bad, stalin is fine, spookyghost is bad, poltergeist if fine, friend is bad, honky is fine, chingchongbingbong is fine, dirtykrauteater is fine, so on so on.

i mean i just don't know how to say this more clearly: you can't just set the standard for what constitutes offensiveness, then just go about moving that standard around for whatever specific case you like (i mean u can, no one can check your power, we are just the playerbase right). i know this sounds really, really gay and retarded, but you should genuinely make a list of what is and isn't allowed, to the letter ( again, i.e., "no use of h1tler in names, no use of friend/chink/beaner/honkey in names, no roleplaying ghosts while combining torches w/ white armor w/ novgorod helm) or else you should stop calling us ret4rds when we don't get this complex, 1 sentence name-rule.