Author Topic: Mandalorian  (Read 4557 times)

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
Re: Mandalorian
« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2020, 06:12:37 pm »
I watched it. Gave it a 7/10. Enjoyed watching it though it did feel a bit corny at times. I enjoyed it more than the one star wars movie I did watch.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2020, 07:30:38 pm »
Way better than any of the SW movies, yes.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 438
  • Infamy: 1239
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2020, 12:00:09 am »
Empire Strike Back is actually very good, better than I remember. Was not boring at all and has no big flaws. Better than A New Hope. Aged well, despite old CGI. Worst part imho is assault on Hoth which is probably the reason Battlefront failed so hard because they based their success on Hoth assault mission.

The Phantom Menace is... just as bad I remember. First half of the movie is complete nonsense. How it is possible they recorded this and never checked how it looks before they sent it to cinemas, I really cannot understand. Jar Jar Binks is made annoying on purpose, it is glaringly obvious. By far the worst Star Wars movie ever which does not feel like Star Wars movie at all. Mandalorian is much, much, much better than The Phantom Menace.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1414
  • Infamy: 1917
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2020, 06:09:43 am »
Six down, five to go. But I give up. Or at least take a short break.

Attack of the clones I remember as boring crap. Second viewing says it's not that bad. Better than The Phantom Menace, by a lot. Back then Jango pissed me off, now I kind of like him.

Revenge of the Sith I watched in the cinema, the only SW movie I paid a ticket for. When I came out I was blown away. Second viewing says it's not so good as I fondly remembered it. Still, shares the title of best pre-Disney SW movie with ESB. Empire Strikes back is better crafted but not as interesting. Revenge of the Sith is the definition of Star Wars and deconstruction of the entire series. Could be made much better, could be one of the best movies ever. But it isn't. I blamed Hayden for that. Not his fault at all. He did his job as asked. Nailed whiny teenager turning into an angry adolescent. Very good nuanced acting without overacting. His text fail him and not just him, whoever written dialogues is an incompetent idiot. Its really a shame, basic idea of the movie is epic. Action still looks good.

ROTJ... I wasn't in the mood for it tbh. Its shit, I don't remember it being this bad. The second worst out of six, not as bad as The Phantom Menace but not far off it. Dialogues are just as shit like in Attack of the Clones which tells us it was Lucas fault all along.

Overall, Star Wars is an interesting idea and mostly terrible execution of said idea. Also, Jedis are bundle of stickss. Sith are made into deranged hysterical idiots to make Shaolin monks with laser swords look better but its not helping. We like Mandalorian because it does not contain Jedi bundle of sticksry, at least for now. Yoda should end himself as punishment for his failure and Windu is nothing but a gangster Jedi. Can't believe I liked Yoda, he is a terrible character.