Author Topic: How much till hosting service provider shuts down this forum?  (Read 2657 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1895
  • Infamy: 2201
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: How much till hosting service provider shuts down this forum?
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2017, 04:28:54 pm »
+1
BoE had some neat ideas but execution was bad imo. I was always staunch supporter of realism in cRPG but after trying that mod I'm sure realism is not the way. Will work on cRPG like mod myself when Bannerlord mod tools are released, my ideas of cRPG like mod actually takes Krems and ladderpaulting folks as basis of experience, not the other way around. Think that hardcore players will be satisfied with vanilla Bannerlord multiplayer and won't ask for more, that's why I believe that next cRPG should offer something silly and different.

As for Strategus, that's huge undertaking. Never liked the way it was implemented in Warband but there honestly isn't any other way so it will probably stay the same for Bannerlord. If I could crack it then design would have to be equally silly like my version of cRPG.

In short, grind would be reduced and changed into something else. Variety of items would be extremely important. Names have to be funny, historical facts are out. Objectives have to be different and various and support other ways of playing the game. Would be great if there was a way to support different game modes inside same map so that people can play the way they want it and not bother others. But that's huge call, something I'm sure Bannerlord won't support out of the box and probably won't be possible to implement by scripting.

What I like in BoE were bots. Think that every gamemode could benefit from system where human player is controlling small team of bots.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2017, 09:38:29 pm »
+2
my ideas of cRPG like mod actually takes Krems and ladderpaulting folks as basis of experience, not the other way around. Think that hardcore players will be satisfied with vanilla Bannerlord multiplayer and won't ask for more, that's why I believe that next cRPG should offer something silly and different.

For best possible feedback about your ideas I would suggest Oberyn as your Alpha & Omega tester.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1830
  • Infamy: 1782
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2017, 11:12:35 pm »
lol

As I said, vanilla Bannerlord should cover needs of those who want to compete on highest level. Fragmentation of competitive community probably won't be a thing in Bannerlord. That is why I want to make silly mod for maximum relaxation.

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: kadeth
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2017, 03:56:19 am »
+4
cRPG 2.0 developed by the remnants of cRPG 1.0 community, let's make it happen. It's the mod we all deserve

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2017, 04:22:57 am »
+8
It's the mod we all deserve

ya we all do deserve to be cajoled into spending an average of 4 or more hours each day regardless of personal commitments to a game we simultaneously call absolute shit and log in every day

we probably fucked our dharma over or something 2 deserve this

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2017, 05:18:13 am »
+2
will ther be ladderpulting?
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2017, 09:15:10 am »
will ther be ladderpulting?
definitely

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2017, 11:06:19 am »
+2
I doubt I'll play a lot of multiplayer in Bannerlord as I've grown kinda tired of that a few years ago, singelplayer part looks really good though and I have no nostalgia there except using the cheats and just fucking around so SP part will be good. So to answer your question, yes and no. They better not have polestun in Bannerlord.

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2017, 02:59:25 pm »
+3
Although people love to shit on games, I am somehow confident that Bannerlord will please the majority
I mean until now it looks like a super improved Warband and that´s practically what everybody wants

I´m not that fond of native multiplayer so I have more expectations from the mods than the vanilla multiplayer

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2017, 03:18:56 pm »
+3
Although people love to shit on games, I am somehow confident that Bannerlord will please the majority
I mean until now it looks like a super improved Warband and that´s practically what everybody wants

I think the same. If Bonerlord did too many changes then it's possible people would hate on it, but it looks like an improved Warband so far.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2017, 03:56:34 pm »
+1
I just can't believe it still isn't going to have a multiplayer campaign or at least coop campaign...

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2017, 11:27:14 pm »
+1
ya we all do deserve to be cajoled into spending an average of 4 or more hours each day regardless of personal commitments to a game we simultaneously call absolute shit and log in every day

we probably fucked our dharma over or something 2 deserve this

Aye the amount of people that would come in everyday and say the game sucks then play it for 4 hours then say see you tmw was hilarious.

"strat sucks but I can't let that guy win!" I dunno.

I just can't believe it still isn't going to have a multiplayer campaign or at least coop campaign...

This is my major problem with bannerlord. They know we want this. Wonder if they tried and couldn't make it work well or something. Not like they haven't had the time to try with how long they've been working on bannerlord.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2017, 04:29:57 pm »
+2
There was an interview a few months ago where they talked about exactly this.

They'll only do it if they can find a way to make it fun for all the players involved. Having multiple human players on a map where the world map historically freezes whilst the player character is in a battle/indoor instance, and where the player character could manually pause or speed up time on the world map, poses some logistical issues.

The TLDR was basically "We're aware people want it but we're not going to half-ass it. Either we make it work or it wont be in the game".

*edit* found it:
http://www.pcgamer.com/mount-blade-2-bannerlord-creators-give-update-on-development-progress/

I can't be the only one who would prefer they half-ass co-op over nothing though, can I? I'm sure that from their standpoint they don't want to ship a product with a half-assed feature since the majority of the playerbase won't have done enough 'research' to know beforehand that the co-op campaign is really just singleplayer but you can fight battles with your friends. I know that my friends and I could make it work... we'd all hop into TS/disqus/skype and vote on what to to, where to go, then enjoy the fights where we all get involved. Undoubtedly most people would see only one player able to control the party on the world map and throw negative reviews at them for falsely advertising a co-op campaign. Ideally, Taleworlds makes a co-op module that doesn't ship with the base game and hides it as a free download in some corner of their website so that only people who know exactly what they're getting would find it. That, or someone in the modding community actually makes a really baller co-op experience. People tried for Warband, but it was simply missing a few key elements to make it worth spending much time on.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Taser

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2017, 12:29:09 am »
Even if it was restricted to one player being able to move and the others in that player's army, it could still be a fun co op. Warband had the ability to name new groups so you could have more than just inf, archers and cav. In a co op setup like that you could have one player with melee cav, one with horse archers, one with nord inf, one with swadian inf, etc etc to make it interesting. It'd be fun although I would prefer a co op that has the players separate with the option to be in each other's army rather than that being the only option (or no option to be in each other's army and only separate armies).

I'd still prefer something over nothing though.

Offline Taser

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2017, 03:53:07 pm »
Aye I'm glad they're looking into it.

I just want a co op mode.. would be fun to play with a friend of mine that stopped playing crpg a long time ago. Along with people from here to make a weird crpg competition on who wins really in strat.

Course one of the main issues I have with a possible multiplayer campaign in M&B is how do you make it so the AI can handle multiple people or that people cannot abuse the living fuck out of raids on AI/other people? As a roleplaying thing, I never raided for two reasons: 1) I was going to take over the nearby town/castle eventually so why piss off the village and ruin its economic abilities for me in the future and 2) I was just roleplaying a nice guy that brutally murdered his way to an empire. But as a ingame tool, it can definitely fuck with recruiting and income for players. AI doesn't seem to give a fuck.

But yeah I like your idea of having an experimental dlc/beta thing. Would sign the fuck up for that.