Author Topic: Gym Thread 2017  (Read 4710 times)

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
Re: Gym Thread 2017
« Reply #60 on: August 04, 2017, 09:17:42 pm »
I don't want to register on bodybuilding.com :rolleyes: so I'll ask here

I just trained shoulders and I'm progressing really nicely on all exercises except Side Lateral Raise and Front Dumbell Raise, I can feel that it's not heavy on shoulders, I could easily increase 10kg (20lbs or smth for americans) but my forearm doesn't allow me.

I also get a pain around the elbow after doing these two exercises. My friend told me his dad had "tennis elbow" and he had pain around his elbow because of that. I can't find much about this when googling. pls help, how do I solve this??? (Training forearms obviously but what about the pain around the elbow? Do I need to worry?)

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #61 on: August 04, 2017, 09:44:33 pm »
Raises are more for mobility and warmup than trying to strengthen anything. It's such a long lever that trying to use heavier and heavier weights is not a good idea. Just use them as the mobility exercises they are and use some lighter weights and make sure your form is clean.

Not sure why your elbow is hurting from raises though unless your form is trash or your elbow is injured in some way already. Do you have pain in your elbow from other exercises? Pullup, presses (bench or overhead), and so on?

And unless you go to misc or the sup forums, bb.com is pretty decent for training questions.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
« Reply #62 on: August 04, 2017, 10:07:50 pm »
I do them inbetween Arnold Dumbbell Press and Upright Barbell Rows. I guess I'll make a new workout for shoulders. And I looked up some proper form videos on youtube and I can clearly see how shitty my form has been. I've simply been straightening my arm when I should bend it slightly.

Nope, I don't have pain doing any other exercises and this was the first day I've had pain while doing them aswell. There is a popping sound sometimes but that's normal, right? It happens in all joints and is because of gas bubbles or something I read.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #63 on: August 04, 2017, 10:13:22 pm »
A lot of exercises are outdated and there's almost always better alternatives (even if you do have damage you can do something similar that helps you "heal"), make sure you do research on everything you do or you might wake up one day with permanent damage, take care guys.

Personally I was doing bar dips improperly and my shoulders hurt for a good while even in a rested position, still kind of hurts really, don't be me.  8-)

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #64 on: August 04, 2017, 10:41:44 pm »
I do them inbetween Arnold Dumbbell Press and Upright Barbell Rows. I guess I'll make a new workout for shoulders. And I looked up some proper form videos on youtube and I can clearly see how shitty my form has been. I've simply been straightening my arm when I should bend it slightly.

Nope, I don't have pain doing any other exercises and this was the first day I've had pain while doing them aswell. There is a popping sound sometimes but that's normal, right? It happens in all joints and is because of gas bubbles or something I read.

If this is the first time they've been hurting, it may be buildup from bad form or just you went too heavy and tried to force your way through the reps. *shrug*

Popping is fine. Long as there's no pain afaik.

A lot of exercises are outdated and there's almost always better alternatives (even if you do have damage you can do something similar that helps you "heal"), make sure you do research on everything you do or you might wake up one day with permanent damage, take care guys.

Personally I was doing bar dips improperly and my shoulders hurt for a good while even in a rested position, still kind of hurts really, don't be me.  8-)

Dips are one of those exercises that you can do them or you can't. Some people just can't do them even if their form is right on. They'll get injured regardless. Just seems that way from what I've heard and seen from other people and myself.

But some of the exercises that will never be outdated are squats, deadlifts, pullups and overhead presses. Just can't beat them. Not the end all be all but if you only did those 4, you're in good hands. It'd be better to have some other ones to balance things out like rows ofc but dam those 4 are juicy. Fuck the bench press. I may suck at it but still.. fuck it.

Offline dagu807

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • ye
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 14, 2017, 08:39:01 pm »
+2
1x1000 cock raises for forearm strength