Author Topic: Lands of Lords  (Read 16171 times)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Lands of Lords
« on: February 23, 2017, 10:38:23 am »
+5
Somewhat of a repost from Melee forums, now that these are a bit more active again.

Lands of Lords
In a medieval persistent world, develop your lands, cities and armies, become a fearsome war lord or a peaceful merchant.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Lands of Lords is a medieval browser game that resembles a mix of Anno and Crusader Kings. Since it's a browser game it's a bit slow paced, at least at start - but later on the game really picks up. The game has an incredible amount of depth:
- it has an immense amount of resources and craftable items (just as an example, you have more than 30 types of wood each with their own properties and uses https://www.landsoflords.com/help/res/wood)
- you control so called units of 10 people, each with their own stats, skills, happiness, consumption and equipment such as tools/weapons, that you can train into different professions (there is a lot of professions, these are just the crafting professions: https://www.landsoflords.com/help/unit/craft)
- almost every profession is supported by its own building type as well, in addition to being able to build huts and houses, streets, temples and a bunch of other buildings
- crafting has a quality component to it, so it matters what quality resources you use if you want to reach the best quality end product (which provides more bonuses)
- a nobility system with a hierarchy (Empires, Kingdoms, Duchies, Counties, Viscounties, Baronies, and more)
- a combat/military system including different types of military units and buildings such as keeps, castles, walls, ...
- a player market which the AI units also use to buy goods to satisfy their needs

The good thing I would mention here is that while you can pay subscription to the game, free players are not at a disadvantage, it's a very fair business model.

A bunch of us are currently settled north and are under the same Duchy called Skógrheim:

If you want to play with us join our Discord: https://discord.gg/BeHjxwW
We can help you get started as the game can be quite overwhelming to new players. If you want to play on your own then here is the link:
https://www.landsoflords.com/
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 03:09:06 pm by Vibe »

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
Re: Lands of Lords
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 12:31:11 pm »
+2
Glory to Skogrheim! I sure hope my 3 peasants migrated over after I neglected my realm and my lord starved to death. RIP Acreland.

Offline WarLord

• Earl
  • Renown: 354
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 07:27:08 pm »
How can I take a look at ALL avatars and blazons at the same time? I'm searching for 5 minutes already now  :lol:

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 07:58:07 pm »
is this like travian
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2017, 08:08:14 pm »
+2
How can I take a look at ALL avatars and blazons at the same time? I'm searching for 5 minutes already now  :lol:

It's sadly random, you have to keep clicking.

is this like travian

Far more indepth and better. Really the most accurate description is a mix of Anno and Crusader Kings, multiplayer and in browser.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2017, 09:41:27 am »
For people who aren't on discord as much, Beech +Fire bonus was nerfed to +10, so if you used that to burn quality shit, you might want to switch it to charcoal :)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2017, 11:56:36 am »
Reply to Heskey:
@Vibe interesting about the pikemen vs halbs, I wasn't aware of them being better other than being able to hit from behind other units. What other advantages do they have? I'd read that halbs on average had better defense, and I can only imagine pikeman retaliation being effective in either a very open battle or one where an opponent attacks a 'formation' of your troops as they hop around trying to get their 2-space distance to retaliate.

The thing about it is that while Halberdiers do have more armor (due to additional leg armors), Halberds are +15 Hast/+15 Melee, Pikes are +25 Hast/+0 Melee. So looking at this, Pikemen have the range advantage (2-space). But here's the thing that makes Pikemen better, they can equip Short swords, while Halberdiers can't! And good quality Short swords are really cheap, which means suddenly those Pikes can turn from +25 Hast to +25 Hast/+20 Melee.

Offline Drunken_sailor

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
  • schwing
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PeaceNiks
  • Game nicks: Archibot, MongolKhanTheBeerThirsty, Yerowbix
  • IRC nick: Archibot
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2017, 02:37:54 pm »
+1
Where have you been fighting?  Just slaying afks or have I missed some battles already?
Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2017, 06:35:14 pm »
Where have you been fighting?  Just slaying afks or have I missed some battles already?

The tests we did were between friendly units (sparring, so to say). We slayed some inactives as well but that can hardly be called combat.

One mechanic I'm interested to find out about is what happens if military units completely fill a tile? Are they then impossible for enemy military to attack barring ranged units from a different tile?

Hehe, exactly this was tested as well. A unit gets pushed out of a tile when a new one enters a full tile. However, this was done between friendly units of different domains - if it behaves like that against neutrals/enemies is another matter.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 06:39:37 pm by Vibe »

Offline Drunken_sailor

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • schwing
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2017, 01:10:32 am »
I love this game but some times the time gets overwhelming, I think I might drop out of the hut spam and just go for aesthetic approach to city building.  did either of you set up shop in the new worlds yet?  I built on the southern island on the coast East of skogerheim expedition.
Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2017, 09:28:12 am »
Well, as you can guess Skógrheim Expedition is mine. Still figuring out what to grow down here to profit. Think I'll do bananas and sheep.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2017, 11:54:10 am »
Saddle horses are coming into market now that the straw requirement is gone. I am breeding them myself as well. Though hay market has gone quite empty as of late, used to be stocked up more, but it seems more and more people are spamming knights and it shows on the market. Just look at the Saddles market :D only 10 being sold at the moment.

Offline Drunken_sailor

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • schwing
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2017, 12:41:19 pm »
I cant either, I am building a vast farm land in my southern territory just so I can make a unnecessarily large stock pile  :D

I think the banana market will be come flooded very fast, I am just glad to have a coastal settlement now, I wish they would include naval units in this game.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2017, 12:59:45 pm »
Hay can grow from 0C on (though optimal temp is quite higher), I think we'll be able to start growing it soon. -7C at my domain at the moment.

Offline Drunken_sailor

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • schwing
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2017, 02:34:00 pm »
+2
They need to allow bee hives!!!  I want mah honey

Also I was looking at the titles and the bonus's they give, is there an index for what all the little emblems mean?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 06:20:30 pm by Drunken_sailor »