Author Topic: Dear Florian Hofreither aka chadz  (Read 6938 times)

Offline Ras_FrenzYYY

• Mad Cuz Bad
  • Earl
  • Renown: 363
  • Infamy: 482
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Dear Florian Hofreither aka chadz
« on: February 03, 2017, 01:51:18 pm »
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened"

Offline McKli_PL

• Count
  • Renown: 294
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: South_the_grey, HeDdar_the_grey, Wazonowej_the_grey
Re: Dear Florian Hofreither aka chadz
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 02:23:18 pm »
+7
@up
bro bigger and more expierienced game developers like EA,Ubishit and others with freaking tons and tons of money :!: betatesters :!: huge selected crew members :!: are fucking failing MULTIPLAYER games and you know why? because it's not so simple to create a game - even with the best private engine game can be buggy, too hard to adapt, ppl will find it too borring etc. I knew from the beginning that the Okam project it's waaaaaay too  ambitious and hardcore for a small crew to withstand players high hopes but it's better to try hard  :mrgreen: and learn something in coding games than bark like other little dogs :)

Offline Porthos

• Marshall
  • Renown: 779
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • The February Patch Survivor
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hello Kitty Clan (aka 'Clan For Fun')
  • Game nicks: Porthos_Woodstock, InvasionOfGiganticLANDCRABS, Random_Nobody, cRPG_Addict and many more
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2017, 02:25:26 pm »
+13
I doubt he got any significant ammount of money, since after failed kickstarter campaign he obviously sold his rights to GMG to get opportunity to work on his game, which was a dream of his life. After that he was more like employee, and all the cash flow to GMG obviously. When the core thing of the game (Epic/New Strat) failed (due the engine problems it seems), things got worse, the playerbase treated him like shit over time, failing to understand EA concept, and forgetting about how small their company is, and now he got fired. He told us already that he can't give us detailed report, due to contract obligations, otherwise he got sued. Stop being cheeky about this. It's not right time and situation to judge the man. Peace, bro.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 03:54:46 pm by Porthos »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
<=== thanks to Tiny_Glancer <3 (never click on that image)
I'm not sure if ships are ingame
You Can't Kill Me

Offline WarLord

• Earl
  • Renown: 354
  • Infamy: 30
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2017, 02:53:59 pm »
For the ones that didn't follow this whole OKAM thing until now:

Is it offically dead or what?

Offline Porthos

• Marshall
  • Renown: 779
  • Infamy: 84
  • The February Patch Survivor
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hello Kitty Clan (aka 'Clan For Fun')
  • Game nicks: Porthos_Woodstock, InvasionOfGiganticLANDCRABS, Random_Nobody, cRPG_Addict and many more
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2017, 03:19:35 pm »
+1

chadz got fired, new crew (likely outside from cRPG community) is going to continue the work on the game in some uncertain future.
<=== thanks to Tiny_Glancer <3 (never click on that image)
I'm not sure if ships are ingame
You Can't Kill Me

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2017, 03:20:08 pm »
+2

no, not so far anyways. It is said that another dev team is recruited and for a time the old once are staying with the project. In my estimate the next 3 months will tell us, if that is really going to happen or if it falls apart. The game is certainly at a critical stage right now. New devs are looking into the existing source could and after a while they maybe able to continue. There are a lot of speculations right now, but much more is not really known outside the inner dev circle.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 04:53:44 pm by kinngrimm »
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2017, 03:40:52 pm »
+7
Dear Florian Hofreither aka chadz

Now that is all over Florian its time say some things that your typical Crpg fan boy will never tell you.
I was hoping that this day will never come but it did. I was hoping for you to succeed but let’s be honest here you didn’t have any chance in the first place because you didn’t gave a chance to yourself.

I personally didn’t buy OKAM. The reason was that I was asking myself, ’If you treated the people that gave you the opportunity to create your dream so bad all those years  what would you do to the OKAM community?. ‘’You were acting as a king like a true Supreme Overlord. You were acting like You created Mount and Blade like a rockstar.  But it wasn’t only you that had that kind of behavior it was the whole donkey crew that had that attitude towards the Crpg community. I can understand that it was your hobby that you didn’t get paid from any of this. (I believe you did get donations back in the day). I can understand that maybe never in your life experienced so much appreciation about something you create. It wasn’t easy for you to stay humble.

So as a King and supreme overlord you created the kickstarter campaign that failed miserably . I was in shock of how bad your campaign was . It was like you lived in a bubble like you haven’t checked the competition on kickstarter like you rush things. Despite that, people from Crpg backed you up . 
After the failed the kickstarter campaign you change the name of  your project .From ‘’melee battlegrounds’’ you’ve change it to ‘’of kings and men’’. And you rushed things even more you released videos, you did a bunch of interviews , promotional videos  and you went on early access to steam for 24,99€!!!  All of that while Crpg was dying .. I felt like you were trying to ‘’steal’’  the people from Crpg and take them to OKAM for profit of course.

I was in shock. How can someone go on early access so fast after his kickstarter campaign failed so bad?
Then your downfall came . Your game has the worst reviews ever in steam early access history. They are calling you a thief. You went from a Rockstar to a thief Florian. You promised so much and you deliver so little.  You even disappear for months .I wasn’t expecting  that you can get so low. I was expecting from you and only you to handle that mess that you created. But you didn’t even have the courage to do  that.   

So I ask you Florian ,
It was all about the money? You wanted the money so bad that you rushed your project so bad used the entire community of a MOD that ‘’you’’  created for money? Used them and then tried to kill it so they can transfer their love for your mod to your game ?

Be a man give an explanation to the community that gave you a chance to do your dream. Believe me its better to say the truth .  You will feel better .

Crpg will never die it will forever be in our hearts .

wow, how can somebody understand everything so deeply wrong?

chadz got fired, new crew (likely outside from cRPG community) is going to continue the work on the game in some uncertain future.

We don't know if they got fired or anything else for sure. What is pretty obvious is that the contract they signed after failed kickstarter was not what they hoped it would be, meaning they got screwed. Probably they left now to get free of shackles.

Offline Rhaegar

• Earl
  • Renown: 350
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: Nord_Rhaegar
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2017, 05:27:21 pm »
+2
Ras today did not take his medicines, but that's okay, we like so

Offline Thryn

• Meme Artisan
  • Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 1177
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook
  • buff 2h tbh
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Thryn
  • IRC nick: Black Bastards
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2017, 06:02:50 pm »
+3
what the friggity fuck is wrong with you Ras

chadz isn't the leader of north korea
(click to show/hide)

We may not love corrupt government, but we must love our country.

Offline Ras_FrenzYYY

• Mad Cuz Bad
  • Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2017, 06:12:16 pm »
: and learn something in coding games than bark like other little dogs :)

Bark?? Do you understand that this man reputation is gone? Do you understand that you are also responsible for this?

Do you understand that nothing from what i wrote could have happen if he wasnt rushing things?

Why did he rush things so much?

Offline Ras_FrenzYYY

• Mad Cuz Bad
  • Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2017, 06:14:07 pm »
what the friggity fuck is wrong with you Ras

chadz isn't the leader of north korea
(click to show/hide)

No man . What is wrong with you ??

Why nobody is telling him the truth?

Why do you keep doin this to him?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 07:23:56 pm by Ras_FrenzYYY »

Offline Ras_FrenzYYY

• Mad Cuz Bad
  • Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2017, 06:17:48 pm »
I doubt he got any significant ammount of money, since after failed kickstarter campaign he obviously sold his rights to GMG to get opportunity to work on his game, which was a dream of his life. After that he was more like employee, and all the cash flow to GMG obviously. When the core thing of the game (Epic/New Strat) failed (due the engine problems it seems), things got worse, the playerbase treated him like shit over time, failing to understand EA concept, and forgetting about how small their company is, and now he got fired. He told us already that he can't give us detailed report, due to contract obligations, otherwise he got sued. Stop being cheeky about this. It's not right time and situation to judge the man. Peace, bro.

How do you know that he sell his rights and  due to contract obligations as you say he cant speak?
Who told you that?

Offline Casul

• King
  • Renown: 1010
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • I like animals
    • View Profile
  • Faction: plate goons club, Krems
  • Game nicks: Cassi, Antarctica
  • IRC nick: Cassi
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2017, 06:23:21 pm »
+8
How do you know that he sell his rights and  due to contract obligations as you say he cant speak?
Who told you that?

he himself.

on the fucking forum.
Maybe if Coronoa virus gets rid of 50 percent or more of the world population we can do without a pope and religion.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2017, 06:54:18 pm »
+8
what planet does this guy live on

Offline Utrakil

• Marshall
  • Renown: 885
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Randwig; Gerwin; Marketenderin; Fletcher
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2017, 06:55:29 pm »
+2
planet greece. considdering the two known greeks on this forum it indeed must be a special place.