Author Topic: Donkey team no longer developing M:BG / OKAM  (Read 107941 times)

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
Re: Donkey team no longer developing M:BG / OKAM
« Reply #330 on: May 30, 2017, 05:04:16 pm »
+3
(click to show/hide)

focusing on whats going to bring the players back :lol:

There's NO WAY that is real... FUCKING LOOT BOXES?!?!? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!   :lol: :lol: :lol:

Big Boss at Warlock Wireless: Guys we need to make money no one is buying this game anymore.
Devs: Well let's see... we can either stop making it, finally deliver on our promises, or follow in Blizzard's footsteps and package useless skins and shit into boxes and sell those for rl money.
Big Boss at Warlock Wireless: Genius! People will most definitely pay us heaps of money for cool skins and useless shit since they love our game so much! What have the recent reviews looked like? 90% or so positive you've said?
Devs: No, uh... well, more like 90% neg-
Big Boss at Warlock Wireless: Great! Ramp up production on new skins and get started on implementing that loot box feature ASAP! Good work people.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline zottlmarsch

• King
  • Renown: 1114
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems (Founder)
  • Game nicks: Eberhart & Juta von Krems
  • IRC nick: Dan
« Reply #331 on: May 30, 2017, 05:07:04 pm »
+2
No mention of battle or siege gamemodes?....and look at poor old cavalry right at the bottom of the list, so probably another 10-12 years before we can 'ride with friends'

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #332 on: May 30, 2017, 05:17:46 pm »
+3
'theres no control on the main menu' is a running gag in our WhatsApp group... amongst other things.

@Heskey you should seriously join - you'd love that place! Pinky swear and promise!
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #333 on: May 30, 2017, 05:34:09 pm »
+2
Lootboxes are dope, who doesnt love gambling? I would hope they mean in game boxes, not cash bought ones.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #334 on: May 30, 2017, 05:46:44 pm »
If they were cash bought that would increase the chances of the game ever being finished if you were interested in that result.

Definitely interested in that result, but im not so eager to blow more money on it. The double gamble sounds juicy though, i could get the sickest loots possible just to end up with the game completely dead anyways!
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: kadeth
« Reply #335 on: May 31, 2017, 02:48:32 am »
+5
You guys are animals!! The fact that you agree with each other about a game being bad is just a massive circle jerk!!1! AD POPULUM!!

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: May 31, 2017, 05:23:22 am »
+2
The big gambles are the only ones worth taking.

- Put everything on even (once wheel is already spinning)
- Win (guaranteed)
- Leave everything on even
- Win (99%)
- Cash out immediately

Doctors are furious, hurry before it gets taken down!

Always bet on black.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: May 31, 2017, 09:07:46 am »
+1
You guys are animals!! The fact that you agree with each other about a game being bad is just a massive circle jerk!!1! AD POPULUM!!

Surely the only reasonable deduction is that we're all blinded by the rage and are unable to judge the game by what it really is, an unrefined diamond, but a diamond no less. With a stellar track record of trust and capability, the devs have proven that they are masters at polishing surfaces, so this diamond will start shining very soon. Let the masses think we are polishing a turd, oh how fooled they are. Who needs them when you have bots. And when they start talking bad words we can always plug our ears and go "lalalalal nuh uh".
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 09:16:32 am by Vibe »

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: May 31, 2017, 09:32:52 am »
+4
Good lord, you can see how much more stiff and limited in movement and animation the game is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK2-WpGH6AY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-oU2HozWEs

Hug, left side swing, right side swing, circle around, get a hit in. Those 8 attack directions sure came in handy. It's like they forgot to put the z dimension in. I'm gonna give them the benefit of doubt though, as these players might've been horrible.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 09:39:37 am by Vibe »

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #339 on: May 31, 2017, 10:32:54 am »
+2
Didn't they use motioncapping for the animations, how come they're so stiff n shit then?

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #340 on: May 31, 2017, 11:25:56 am »
Their motioncap gear was probably so outdated he had to move really slow and "accurate" for it to catch the movements, so they sped it up post-capture and voila. Is my guess.

Offline Bugnir

• Count
  • Renown: 212
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Scum of Caladria
  • Game nicks: Bugnir
« Reply #341 on: May 31, 2017, 11:27:12 am »
+1
Man the evolution of fanboyism is real fucking strange. It started out with teens who would vehemently defend gay shit because said gay shit gave them a feeling of belonging and acceptance, to actual paid shills who would spread propagande for their gay shit, to where we are now with cult-like followings for gay shit. No I mean really how else would you describe this absolute obsession with what people think of your gay shit it's one thing to sperg out when people would shit talk your gay shit and then demand that they stop (which was the case with fanboys) but nowadays people do not want you to stop talking bad they demand that you say GOOD things about their gay shit.

I'm gonna give them the benefit of doubt though, as these players might've been horrible.

At first glance I'd say the people playing now are worse skill-wise than when I played but it is possible that there have been patches that dumbed down the meta to left-swing right-swing feints and every now and then a thrust/kick/nudge. By the way do kicks and nudges stun your opponent or does this Sigbjorn dude just panic everytime he gets kicked?

Offline zottlmarsch

• King
  • Renown: 1114
  • Infamy: 162
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems (Founder)
  • Game nicks: Eberhart & Juta von Krems
  • IRC nick: Dan
« Reply #342 on: May 31, 2017, 11:39:13 am »
+4
Zimke installed a fatal flaw deep in the game just in case they were ever removed from the project. Something so subtle they would never find it...

His ultimate secret, as they motion-capped him for every single animation in the game...

...he doesnt move like a normal person.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: May 31, 2017, 12:36:53 pm »
+1
I think it would take too much effort and time to polish/change the combat to be more widely accepted. And I think most of the people were prepared (including myself) simply dealing with this combat system for all the other promised features. And this is where they're going wrong or maybe they realized they don't have enough resources to really put out any good features that would add to the game. So they've gone with refining and minimal changes. Even posted this on their (now dead) forums as one of the last messages: http://forum.ofkingsandmen.net/index.php?topic=2450.msg38248#msg38248

All these small surface fixes, time wasted if you ask me. Just to give off the impression to their already minimal playerbase that they're doing something. Honestly believe it would be a much better decision to simply say "we're reorganizing and redoing stuff, we'll be back when we're ready", shut down communication for like 1 year+ and work hard on features that will actually interest people, possibly even those outside Warband community. Ride with your friends shit. You guys had LIRIK himself stream that hype-ass trailer, he said it looked great. Also don't forget to update your info so the whole project doesn't look like a fucking scam, lmao. Shit, possibly even rename the game and the firm, you've got enough bad rep as is.

The linked roadmap is unfathomable and gives off the impression they're just trying to milk off whatever players they have with additional surface changes. The only actual piece of content in there is the '''''''strategic map''''''', which given their track record, could as well end up to be a singular webpage with a shitty, unenjoyable strategus clone - there is nothing to indicate it's going to go any better, trust is at zero. Good for those obsessed with strategus I guess, bad for all the (massive) rest that were expecting to actually ride with friends, control npcs and build towns. Instead they go for shit like equipment upgrading and crafting, loot boxes, visual mood overhaul (???? lmao what) and UI overhaul - how is this necessary when you don't really need to use UI to play this game apart from HP bar, pretty much all useless under Player's experience apart from cav and throwing weapons. New maps? Yeah that's exactly what the people were asking for.

Mind you I wouldn't be expecting this of any other, bigger team. But wow, the OKAM team is already limited in manpower and resources as is, they need to drop all the shit that doesn't matter and completely focus on what might actually rejuvenate the game. I have doubts that even their miniscule discord community was asking for most of the "features" presented on roadmap.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #344 on: May 31, 2017, 01:05:22 pm »
their miniscule discord community

I resent this. I shitpost with the strength of 50 men