Author Topic: Donkey team no longer developing M:BG / OKAM  (Read 107916 times)

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
Re: Donkey team no longer developing M:BG / OKAM
« Reply #285 on: May 25, 2017, 05:06:33 pm »
+2
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline RamsesXXIIX

• Count
  • Renown: 252
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Yes, I prey on the weak.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Ramses
« Reply #286 on: May 26, 2017, 01:06:31 am »
+1
I shit you not they added a population meter to the game that lists population as medium when there are 7 people online.

Ah so this is where you got this information Heskey. "Reliable source" pff.

Anyway, don't let me spoil the mood. Happy hating.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #287 on: May 26, 2017, 07:52:24 am »
+2
Ah so this is where you got this information Heskey. "Reliable source" pff.

Anyway, don't let me spoil the mood. Happy hating.
Game is objectively shit and dead - has nothing to do with hating. Only as in hating shit games which are shit...
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline RamsesXXIIX

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 26, 2017, 08:15:33 am »
Your opinion of it being shit is nothing but an opinion.

My opinion is the Okam has objectively better combat mechanics than WB and is more promising than Bannerlord right now.

Offline RamsesXXIIX

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 26, 2017, 08:52:42 am »
If you skim through the reviews you'll notice how the negative reviews has almost nothing to do with the combat mechanics nor vision of Okam. It has far more to do with people believing they've been scammed and that the game is "dead". Nice strawman though.

Molly was the one to introduce objective standards and my opinion on the matter is clear: If you try to look at it objectively (hard I know), Okam has better combat mechanics and holds more promise.

Offline Molly

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 26, 2017, 10:57:01 am »
+3
Your opinion of it being shit is nothing but an opinion.

My opinion is the Okam has objectively better combat mechanics than WB and is more promising than Bannerlord right now.
At least Bannerlord will be released at some point. Something I do not even see happening for OKAM.
For OKAM it's more likely to end up with a developer comment on Steam saying something like "We are sooooooo sorry but due to financial/organizational/blame-others issues, we won't continue the development. Sorry folks!".
It's a fucking joke - on events you play 10vs10 tops and celebrate it as a massive community gathering, even posting ridiculous youtube videos about it. How sad can you be to actually believe in this crap?
How sad can you be to argue that a game is not dead when the servers are empty for 80% of their online-time?

You really need a serious reality check when you really believe that OKAM is more promising than Bannerlord.
And don't get me wrong - I am not even that much into Bannerlord. From what I've seen, there are not enough new things in it to warrant this ridiculous development time. From my pov, it's barely more than a high-res texture pack for Warband.
That does not change the simple fact that OKAM is a lost cause and will never be actually good or played by more than 50 people overall. It's a death-birth.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 26, 2017, 12:40:25 pm »
+5
If you try to look at it objectively (hard I know), Okam has better combat mechanics and holds more promise.

If OKAM had better combat then people would gladly play it over Warband. But right now OKAM is just a poor mans Warband clone, with worse combat, animations and way less content. And of course no players. It's dead. Stillborn is the word you were looking for Molly. The game never took off, it missed it's mark to grab a decent amount of people. If you guys think that people return to garbage early access games that have missed it's shot with an abysmal review score, it doesn't happen, not in this day and age. People forget and move on, new games come out daily. It's a miracle the investors haven't pulled out yet.

Every time I read the patchnotes it just makes me laugh. So many useless, unneeded changes, small fixes that should be done as a refinement to the game, once it has you know... some actual game to it. They're just so insignificant. It's like the new devs are unable to make any work that would actually change the game. It's all surface changes under "Main changes". Added messages, titles, notifications, new text, changed some stats around. Just look at this. I mean who are they fooling with this? Only their own, minimal size, bubble of players, that the game still has hope, when the reality is - where is the money gonna be coming from? You think investors are just gonna keep funding the devs forever for a game that has massively failed at it's inception and it's sales are close to none?

As for objectiveness, the only thing we all can be objective about when it comes to OKAM is the steam reviews and player count. Rest is all subjective. You claim the combat is (objectively) better, I claim it isn't. I've spoken to numerous people, including some of the best Warband players and they dislike the OKAM combat, by a large margin. I think it's safe to say people haven't left just because of Epic failure. You guys need to step outside the bubble, do a 180 and take a good hard look at it. Even the most loyal, fanatical cRPG players have long since forgotten it.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 02:05:43 pm by Vibe »

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 26, 2017, 12:44:59 pm »
Having more attack directions is cool but overall I would say OKAM is currently not better than warband. It has the potential to be eventually but currently is not.

Wait so there was never a population counter that said medium with 7 players? My god I've been rused.

Offline Molly

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 26, 2017, 01:08:00 pm »
+2
Latest patch addition to OKAM is retirement btw. Yup, good old crpg retirement and you get a stunning +2 points for your character's abilities/skill/whatever!
If that ain't a feature bomb, I don't know what is.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 26, 2017, 01:10:43 pm »
I know that OKAM is cancer but if they add the strategic map like people have been talking about I could see myself playing it. With Strategus dead there is a hole in my gaming life that no amount of battlefied one bundle of sticksry can fill.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #295 on: May 26, 2017, 03:44:14 pm »
+1
Damn, you guys are really pissed huh. Its so funny to see how much of a full turn everything took, in such a short amount of time as well.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 26, 2017, 03:52:30 pm »
Disappointed more than anything personally

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #297 on: May 26, 2017, 05:00:41 pm »
+3
If you changed a road that used to turn left so that it now only turns right, people would stop turning left. It would make no sense to react the same way to a situation that has been altered.

When a feature is being worked on with an uncertain deadline, patience is a reasonable response.
When a feature is not being worked on at all, patience is not a reasonable response.

I dont think the timeframe for our change in reaction is particularly significant, it matches perfectly with the timeframe the scenario was changed. We went from un-enthused in January to angry in February, and it's stayed consistently at that level since as our lowest expectations have been consistently met.

A right turn in the road is a right turn, regardless of anything else it used to be. Cant blame the drivers for turning right when they encounter it.

Well it wasnt really a road to begin with, it was the idea of a road to be built by some people that paved their walkway once. People simply gambled on it being possible for them to make the road and lost. Its very understandable that people are pissed, and i find it hilarious personally, but it isnt the first time an early access game has failed miserably. I thought people on this forum were already quite informed on that part, but i guess i was wrong.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #298 on: May 26, 2017, 07:03:18 pm »
Ramses do you still need that banner? :)
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline RamsesXXIIX

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 28, 2017, 08:41:12 pm »
+1
Ramses do you still need that banner? :)

nope, new clan :). Thanks for asking anyway ;).

So after being away for two days there's now a page full of angry cRPG'ers cussing me out as delusional, idiotic and without any sense of reality. Boy your snowflakes feelings have really been touched haven't they?

If you would take a tenth of the time you used to tell me how stupid you think I am and instead tried to understand my point, we would have a far better and more informed discussion. But I suppose hating on random people because your feelings have been hurt over a video game you somehow fell attached makes you better inside. I'm glad I helped.

I could spend an hour debunking almost everything of what was said, but since most of you have so grossly misunderstood my point I'll just clarify it:

1. Okam holds more promise.

If you had even attempted to use a miniscule amount of time to understand my position, I did not speak of Okam economical promise - clearly BL is much more established and is much more hyped, I don't expect for a second Okam to make more money.

What it does do is it holds more promise for me. Take an objective look at BL and what they've shown through trailers, articles and interviews.

Its WB with nicer graphics and enhanced sp. That's it.

And while I am looking forward to playing BL sp and having good times with it, I'm also thoroughly disappointed. We've heard nothing of Co-op, nothing of expanded mp. I'm confident at this moment that multiplayer in BL will be like multiplayer in WB: get online and smack a few heads. Then leave when bored. Repeat.

There is NOTHING persistent about that and it gets incredibly boring after a short while. I don't see myself ever enjoying much of BL mp.

OKAM however is only mp and focused as such. Especially the strategic map (basically strat v2) is much, much, MUCH more promising to me than BL mp ever could be.

That is what I mean when I say OKAM holds more promise. Its holds more promise to me as a mp game. DOes that mean I have blind faith in the new devs? Of course not. But their vision of a game is infinitely better than Bannerlord, Warband, For Hounour, Chivalry and all the rest of the garbage medieval war games have. I'll take a fools hope over nothing at all.

2. Objectively, Okam has better combat mechanics.

A couple of reasons:
1. More realistic and in-depth armor and damage system.
2. Hitboxes better.
3. No random crushthrough (on weapons like polearms).
4. More attack directions.
5. Better animations.

Some of the above might be my opinion and therefore subjective, but it is bassed on objective, provable factors and I dare any one of you to find me an area and PROVE that WB is superior to Okam in the aforementioned 5 categories. Go on, prove me you believe what you say. 
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 08:53:42 pm by RamsesXXIIX »