Author Topic: Goodbye my friends  (Read 19454 times)

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
Re: Goodbye my friends
« Reply #120 on: June 15, 2016, 02:06:23 pm »
+1
chillmode pillgrim fug yeah
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Akronus97

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kreus, Etard_without_R, Did_I_hear_PARTEY
« Reply #121 on: June 15, 2016, 02:26:12 pm »
+4
What many "constant-troll-supporters" forget when they accuse "tryhards" of not accepting others people's fun is that if you try some weird new maybe innovative stuff (@Heskey) you can ruin the round for your team. Trying something new is not entirely bad, it is actually great. But if you keep on repeating the same useless tactic over and over again with the minortity of the team, you will probably make your team lose. This often culminates in a total catastrophe for the rest of the team because they are evidently unable to have a good fight without the full support of their team.
"Trolling" around occasionally is not something I would condemn, but having your own fun by sacrificing your team's opportunity to have a normal fight with even chances (which is fun for many people btw) can't be the right way. You shouldn't mistake your personal fun for your team's fun. Not that this argument has never been voiced......
"There are no spams, just missed blocks" - Makelele 2014

Offline Akronus97

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 15, 2016, 02:40:16 pm »
+1
I forgot it so much (@me) that I even explicitly stated it in my post the other day:

I didn't just mean 15 vs 15 battles, but yes, you are right, I did not see that post (failed to keep up with reading everything)
Yet, my point remains. I don't just mean the use of catapults. I mean a general way of playing the game. I experienced myself how trolls lost a round with their "tactics" and the population was definetely higher than 15 vs 15.

Also, I referred to your example of trying new tactics (which I called great btw), but I did not mean you as a single individual when I spoke about those ruining the fun of others. Probably I should emphasised that more. Because I have never seen you doing anything comparable, I can't blame you for it obviously.

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
« Reply #123 on: June 15, 2016, 02:43:35 pm »
+2

Offline Akronus97

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 15, 2016, 03:38:34 pm »

The stuff I'm supporting is all the fun stuff in between. Voice commands whilst you're charging the enemy or waiting for them to charge you doesnt hurt anyone, I really cant understand what sort of person you'd have to be to see those as a personal attack against your playstyle even if the voice commands being used lack relevance. A player you know randomly sheathing their weapon as you approach, (what kind of asshole then attacks that player when they're unarmed?). Hugs at spawn, which is only really an issue because the maps are too stupidly big for the current population. Small maps or a large playerbase full of cav take care of that issue on their own. Building siege equipment, another remnant of a bygone age but still very much a feature on the servers that allow it - if we're at a point where we're saying 'No spawning without equipment, also you aren't allowed to use X, Y or Z pieces of equipment' then why do those items even exist?

That's my stance. Like it, hate it, whatever.

Didn't say anything against voice commands. Charge the enemy screaming around, I wouldn't care as long as you help anyhow.
Also, I am not entirely sure your point of view troubles many people here. I think it is rather another kind of behaviour that is most annoying. Hugging enemies/friends doesn't have to be detrimental to the team as long as you don't do that all the time. Also, very many people do it. So I don't think that is the big issue here although I am sure there are enough players that refute this behaviour as well.
My criticism was not addressed directly to you, but to a certain behaviour we have been able to witness a lot in the past.

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
« Reply #125 on: June 15, 2016, 06:07:38 pm »
+3
The thing is, just because I enjoy spawning and hearing someone spamming 'I need help!' in that shaky watery voice you only get if you glitch yourself standing in a cart, doesn't mean I wont attempt to kill enemies in my own retarded way. The fact I'm on here approving of the people that made this game more enjoyable and far more memorable for me, doesn't change my own personal playstyle (which varies depending on my mood).

As I said before

many Krems

Definitely not all of them. I don't mind fucking about if you actually do shit when it matters. And I know a few who do that. But it still is only a few.
But if I had taken notes, I'd say 8/10 times I've seen people dicking around in spawn, not even attempting to defend themselves as they were getting killed, it were Krems' doing it.

For too long, too many people have done their very best to ruin my opinion about Krems.
There are enough other games out there. Seeing that kind of behavior in OKaM by them, no matter how small/big the impact, I won't hesitate to drop it and turn towards other games without ever turning back.

Don't get me wrong, if you and some other people got a lot of joy out of it, well done. You are lucky and should make the most of it.
But for me personally, they ruined the game. A game which I have by far put the most hours into out of everything I played.
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.

Offline Porthos

• Marshall
  • Renown: 779
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • The February Patch Survivor
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hello Kitty Clan (aka 'Clan For Fun')
  • Game nicks: Porthos_Woodstock, InvasionOfGiganticLANDCRABS, Random_Nobody, cRPG_Addict and many more
« Reply #126 on: June 16, 2016, 04:47:01 am »
+1
Seeing that kind of behavior in OKaM by them, no matter how small/big the impact, I won't hesitate to drop it and turn towards other games without ever turning back.
No need to worry:
We exorcised the Krems demons out of fin. He seems stable, and is, for all intents and purposes, considered healed.
The rest will follow the same fate :wink:
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 07:54:53 am by Pooptoss »
<=== thanks to Tiny_Glancer <3 (never click on that image)
I'm not sure if ships are ingame
You Can't Kill Me

Offline Switchtense

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 16, 2016, 07:14:13 am »
+3
How did they ruin NA1? They never played there

I know you have no issues with NA ping, so i'm not 100% believing that Krems stopped you from playing this game if it was so beloved.

Due to work I have not been able to play on NA1 in ages. Been off to bed way before anyone went on there.
That might have dragged out the dying process a bit further, but the result would have been the same.

Why is it that you desperately try to take the blame off Krems? I am just stating my personal opinion and feelings, there is literally nothing you can do to change that.

Could you ever be convinced that Bruttus is a genuinely nice guy and that what he did is not the reason for you disliking him? Instead you dislike him probably cause some unknown reason.
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
« Reply #128 on: June 16, 2016, 07:58:13 am »
+3
Krems killed the mod.

They killed NA too.

Krems best clan EU/NA

Offline DKNhz

• Count
  • Renown: 285
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Ilithyia_von_Krems, Frieda_von_Krems, Freya_von_Krems, Frauke_von_Krems
« Reply #129 on: June 16, 2016, 09:59:02 am »
Krems killed the mod.

They killed NA too.

Krems best clan EU/NA

Krems is love. Krems is life.

Offline Switchtense

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 16, 2016, 10:08:15 am »
+1
Thank you for proving my point.

Offline DKNhz

• Count
  • Renown: 285
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Ilithyia_von_Krems, Frieda_von_Krems, Freya_von_Krems, Frauke_von_Krems
« Reply #131 on: June 16, 2016, 10:12:02 am »
Such butthurt much -1. wow.
Krems is love. Krems is life.

Offline zottlmarsch

• King
  • Renown: 1114
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems (Founder)
  • Game nicks: Eberhart & Juta von Krems
  • IRC nick: Dan
« Reply #132 on: June 16, 2016, 10:50:00 am »
Thank you for proving my point.

Your point is what? That Krems killed this mod? That all our players are useless pricks? Or that you and all these other anti Krems guys do nothing except cry and moan?

Did any anti Krems players actually try anything creative to combat Krems? No.
Did any anti Krems players ask to speak properly (without abuse) with any leaders of Krems to discuss their concerns? No.
Did any anti Krems players just come to forum to create multiple posts/threads insulting, attacking and spreading vile hate on Krems? Fuck Yea!

We have been called the worst names imaginable, been compared to cancer and all sorts of shit (Even guys came onto our own thread to spread hate, not to mention this very thread, a completely unrelated goodbye thread hijacked by anti Krems guys to bash Krems wtf) So tell me why the hell should we have any empathy for you guys or be bothered that you had to stop playing or you are upset, when for the last 3 years all most of you guys have done is throw shit on us?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 11:11:37 am by zottlmarsch »

Offline Akronus97

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 16, 2016, 02:49:53 pm »
+3
Your point is what? That Krems killed this mod? That all our players are useless pricks? Or that you and all these other anti Krems guys do nothing except cry and moan?

Did any anti Krems players actually try anything creative to combat Krems? No. Isn't killing you sufficient?Isn't that innovative enough for you?
Did any anti Krems players ask to speak properly (without abuse) with any leaders of Krems to discuss their concerns? No. ALthough I am not aware of any "official" approach, there have been enough polite attempts as well (although the hate prevails)
Did any anti Krems players just come to forum to create multiple posts/threads insulting, attacking and spreading vile hate on Krems? Fuck Yea!

We have been called the worst names imaginable, been compared to cancer and all sorts of shit (Even guys came onto our own thread to spread hate, not to mention this very thread, a completely unrelated goodbye thread hijacked by anti Krems guys to bash Krems wtf) So tell me why the hell should we have any empathy for you guys or be bothered that you had to stop playing or you are upset, when for the last 3 years all most of you guys have done is throw shit on us?

I agree that the hate towards Krems is often exaggerated and that each Krems is hated by many players regardless of what he/she has done.

Nevertheless, you reverse the causality concerning the "krems-hate" in your last paragraph. First your actions came, then the hate followed. Later new dynamics followed, true. Still, some of you started and didn't feel the urge to finish this by stopping (could have proven that you are better than some brainless haters - and again, I don't mean all trolls and krems with this statement). Besides, you should consider that your actions on EU1 might bother players that do not constantly throw shit at you as well. Even though most people hate on krems by far not everybody does. Acting a bit differently for the sake of those people might have been a good idea.

Oh and btw, you basically just admitted that what you do is about annoying others and thus, you confirm the prejudices many have about the typical krems.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 02:56:39 pm by Akronus97 »

Offline zottlmarsch

• King
  • Renown: 1114
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems (Founder)
  • Game nicks: Eberhart & Juta von Krems
  • IRC nick: Dan
« Reply #134 on: June 16, 2016, 03:15:09 pm »
I agree that the hate towards Krems is often exaggerated and that each Krems is hated by many players regardless of what he/she has done.

Nevertheless, you reverse the causality concerning the "krems-hate" in your last paragraph. First your actions came, then the hate followed. Later new dynamics followed, true. Still, some of you started and didn't feel the urge to finish this by stopping (could have proven that you are better than some brainless haters - and again, I don't mean all trolls and krems with this statement). Besides, you should consider that your actions on EU1 might bother players that do not constantly throw shit at you as well. Even though most people hate on krems by far not everybody does. Acting a bit differently for the sake of those people might have been a good idea.

Oh and btw, you basically just admitted that what you do is about annoying others and thus, you confirm the prejudices many have about the typical krems.

Good points, my last lines were more directed at the abusive anti Krems crowd and not just guys who disagree and dislike our play style, sorry I should have made that more clear.

As I said before I almost never play anymore and haven't for a while so I can't really comment on whats happening on the servers. What I do know is that Krems Clan doesn't condone aggressive or abusive behaviour towards fellow crpg players so when we receive this kind of abuse on a daily basis it kind of gives us the mentality of 'well screw you, if you want to hate us we will give you a proper reason to' thus the negative cycle continues