Author Topic: The Trumphog has seen its shadow  (Read 20723 times)

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
Re: The Trumphog has seen its shadow
« Reply #105 on: July 18, 2016, 05:36:09 pm »
Trump cells are cells that grow and divide at a rapid and unregulated pace. Although Trump cells are regularly created in the body, the disease known as Trump only occurs when rational cells (particularly critical thinking cells) fail to recognize and/or destroy them.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1834
  • Infamy: 1393
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 18, 2016, 08:57:56 pm »
+1
Donal or Shillary? It's good thing I don't have to make that choice.

Offline dagu807

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • ye
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 18, 2016, 10:30:59 pm »
+1
i guess im #mentallyhill now
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 18, 2016, 11:14:14 pm »
+1
Donal or Shillary? It's good thing I don't have to make that choice.

Would be even better if you had no choice at all to make regarding anything anywhere!

(click to show/hide)

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • Renown: 672
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Rhekimos
  • IRC nick: Rhekimos
« Reply #109 on: July 21, 2016, 07:06:55 am »
“I thought it was a mosquito bite, and when it hit me I had my hands in the air, and I’m thinking I just got shot,” Kinsey told WSVN-Channel 7. “And I’m saying, ‘Sir, why did you shoot me?’ and his words to me were, ‘I don’t know.’”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/video-shows-police-shoot-unarmed-black-man-while-he-was-lying-down-with-his-hands-up-a7147651.html

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 21, 2016, 01:04:04 pm »
Nice leg shot.

Waiting for the unedited videos to show up, for now all we see is the "before" and the "after", strange aight?
Betting on a full video showing some attenuating circumstances that doesnt fit the media attention  :P

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
« Reply #111 on: July 21, 2016, 09:00:29 pm »
Apparently the firing was not caught on film. Maybe they also thought that there was no way it would escalate.

Offline Sir_Hans

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Beached_Dolphin, Sir_Hans
« Reply #112 on: July 22, 2016, 12:55:13 am »
Apparently the firing was not caught on film. Maybe they also thought that there was no way it would escalate.

I'm guessing some other officers on the scene told the person filming to put the camera away or they would be arrested. Or something along those lines. People who film cops doing this sort of shit should be rewarded... encourage more people to film cops when they pull out their guns.

The officer apparently wasn't aiming for the guy with his hands up. He was aiming at the autistic person with the toy truck thinking that he was a threat to the guy with his hands up... Even after the guy with his hands up told officers multiple times all he had is a toy train and that there is no need for firearms.

It's getting to the point where the average gangbanger handles his firearm more responsibly than some of our law enforcement.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 08:54:10 am by Sir_Hans »

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 22, 2016, 12:07:55 pm »
It's getting to the point where the average gangbanger handles his firearm more responsibly than some of our law enforcement.
From what I hear from US police veterans it varies by jurisdiction but in general US policemen do not have ample gun training due to budget limits, live firearms training is expensive and is often the first item to be cut.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 22, 2016, 12:52:33 pm »
+1
Maybe they simply didnt believe the guy's explanations or misheard, or something that isnt on the footage explains? Gotta remember the cops were called because someone was threatening someone with a gun.

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
« Reply #115 on: July 22, 2016, 05:18:55 pm »
+1
Maybe they didn't. Maybe there is. Maybe the moon is made of pudding.

I won't say that extenuating circumstances cannot be found, but even if they are there, this is definitely a failure of police enforcement. It's not an isolated incident either, there's a trend of people being shot even when they comply with police orders. And that's not great.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 22, 2016, 07:11:32 pm »
+1
Maybe they didn't. Maybe there is. Maybe the moon is made of pudding.

I think there is more probability that the police officer who shot had a reason (beside the laughing "I dont know" portrayed in the articles) than the moon being made of pudding. Equating both would be a lack of common sense.

It's not an isolated incident either, there's a trend of people being shot even when they comply with police orders. And that's not great.

The only trend I've seen so far is a political war on US police. The popular perception of a perpetual increase of unjustified excessive force is just that, a popular perception. US police has moved way past the seventies methods, adding new strict ones past 9/11, while the people is growing even more retardedly bigoted than before in their view of it.

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
« Reply #117 on: July 22, 2016, 08:11:03 pm »
I think there is more probability that the police officer who shot had a reason (beside the laughing "I dont know" portrayed in the articles) than the moon being made of pudding. Equating both would be a lack of common sense.

Haha, that's a fine judgement of probability! Though, it's not the probability, it's the pertinence.

The only trend I've seen so far is a political war on US police. The popular perception of a perpetual increase of unjustified excessive force is just that, a popular perception. US police has moved way past the seventies methods, adding new strict ones past 9/11, while the people is growing even more retardedly bigoted than before in their view of it.

People don't want to be shot when they are doing everything the police tell them to. Asking for that is not waging a political war on the police.

If the police think that this is acceptable, then the initiative for correcting this state of affairs must come from outside the police force. By political action.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 08:17:24 pm by Rhekimos »

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #118 on: July 22, 2016, 11:31:08 pm »
+2
Honestly, it's probably something as simple as that cop being scared shitless. Police are humans as well, we shouldn't forget how susceptible many of us can be to fear. He could have panicked at something stupid, even a thought, and fired as a knee-jerk reaction. This seems like the most likely case considering the baffling "I don't know" comment.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
« Reply #119 on: July 23, 2016, 06:41:21 pm »
Honestly, it's probably something as simple as that cop being scared shitless. Police are humans as well, we shouldn't forget how susceptible many of us can be to fear. He could have panicked at something stupid, even a thought, and fired as a knee-jerk reaction. This seems like the most likely case considering the baffling "I don't know" comment.

There's no doubt that there was fear. It's a tough job and anybody would be afraid in the situation. The problem is how often that fear is allowed to translate into completely nonviolent people being shot and killed.

That's also why the Dallas shooting was doubly tragic. Not only the loss of life, but it and actions like that make the police fear even more.