Author Topic: The Trumphog has seen its shadow  (Read 20783 times)

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
Re: The Trumphog has seen its shadow
« Reply #120 on: July 24, 2016, 01:31:10 am »
+1
Honestly, it's probably something as simple as that cop being scared shitless. Police are humans as well, we shouldn't forget how susceptible many of us can be to fear. He could have panicked at something stupid, even a thought, and fired as a knee-jerk reaction. This seems like the most likely case considering the baffling "I don't know" comment.

Not helped by the fact that people are now, actively trying to target police due to political establishment focusing massive hate on it. Many police are on edge.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 24, 2016, 02:43:26 pm »
Haha, that's a fine judgement of probability! Though, it's not the probability, it's the pertinence.

Thanks and yes I know, just trying to be as witty as you  :P

People don't want to be shot when they are doing everything the police tell them to.
If the police think that this is acceptable, then the initiative for correcting this state of affairs must come from outside the police force. By political action.

The different variations of "the people are just asking to not be shot everytime they go out!" is like the best meme of all time regarding the US police - public FUBAR relationship today and shows the retardness of anti-police movement :lol:

Police is one of the toughest, most demanding and codified job, especially so with the US history of public scrutiny.

Like Lt_Anders said the impact of the public on how police operates can be a two edged sword: it probably pushed the police to become way better than before but at the same time it can stop police from doing police.
From what I've seen, read, felt, the US police is almost as good as it can get under the immense and still growing pressure and hate from the people they serve, mostly blacks in the wrong neighoboroud and white liberals with a passion for unearthing injustice even where there is none.

When the "political action" you mentionned becomes harassment, obstruction and hate toward those who impose law and order (policemen), what happens is what you see today in the US: people do not respect police work, hinder their actions, resist lawful intervention and see all perps as victims of a pre-supposed wrongful police before thinking up of anything.
Add gender/race/identity/what have you, social media SJW's bubbles, and humans being the usual generalization machines, mixing up the bad and the good and proclaiming that everything is either bad or good, and you got the US police work environment today. A bigoted shitfest that is in great need of political support from the government.... not more "political action" from extremists retards (not saying you are, but you seem to be part of the misguided bunch at the very least).

It completely runs opposite of what you say but I really think the police needs to become more protected from the civilians, and not the other way around, in the US. Someone important like the US president need to step up and say "we love our police" while keeping it strictly under control (it always need to be), and start actively building government-police and police-civilian trust ASAP.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 02:47:53 pm by Butan »

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • Renown: 672
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Rhekimos
  • IRC nick: Rhekimos
« Reply #122 on: July 24, 2016, 04:31:38 pm »
Not helped by the fact that people are now, actively trying to target police due to political establishment focusing massive hate on it. Many police are on edge.

The establishment is focusing massive hate on the police?

Thanks and yes I know, just trying to be as witty as you  :P

The different variations of "the people are just asking to not be shot everytime they go out!" is like the best meme of all time regarding the US police - public FUBAR relationship today and shows the retardness of anti-police movement :lol:

Police is one of the toughest, most demanding and codified job, especially so with the US history of public scrutiny.

Like Lt_Anders said the impact of the public on how police operates can be a two edged sword: it probably pushed the police to become way better than before but at the same time it can stop police from doing police.
From what I've seen, read, felt, the US police is almost as good as it can get under the immense and still growing pressure and hate from the people they serve, mostly blacks in the wrong neighoboroud and white liberals with a passion for unearthing injustice even where there is none.

When the "political action" you mentionned becomes harassment, obstruction and hate toward those who impose law and order (policemen), what happens is what you see today in the US: people do not respect police work, hinder their actions, resist lawful intervention and see all perps as victims of a pre-supposed wrongful police before thinking up of anything.
Add gender/race/identity/what have you, social media SJW's bubbles, and humans being the usual generalization machines, mixing up the bad and the good and proclaiming that everything is either bad or good, and you got the US police work environment today. A bigoted shitfest that is in great need of political support from the government.... not more "political action" from extremists retards (not saying you are, but you seem to be part of the misguided bunch at the very least).

Peaceful politics. If just "political action" sounds violent.

Someone important like the US president need to step up and say "we love our police" while keeping it strictly under control (it always need to be), and start actively building government-police and police-civilian trust ASAP.

That would be easy if the police were under control like that. The reality is something different. The police form an entity with quite a bit of political power for themselves in the US. This is why some practices with extremely unfortunate effects for police-civilian trust are not so easy to stop. Take civil forfeiture for example:

I don't think it's misguided to be aware that there are some things in law enforcement that should be changed, for the good of all of us. To read this as hating the police is to miss something essential.
And it should go without saying that murdering the police doesn't make it better.

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 24, 2016, 10:32:17 pm »
The whole "people getting shot every time they go out" narrative is akin to the discredited "hands up don't shoot" narrative, which was shown to be false, from the Michael Brown case.  Honestly BLM has chosen the worst examples to found their protests on.  Trayvon Martin was the aggressor who initiated a physical assault.  Michael Brown was a thug that attacked a police officer in his car, tried to take his pistol, and then turned back towards him and charged him with balled up fists, while ignoring orders to stop and get to the ground.

A recent Harvard study concluded that there was no racial bias in the numbers of white people versus black people being shot by police.
So the only real study available contradicts the perception that has been generated.

The same study concluded that black people were handled more aggressively and physically than white people in their encounters with the police.  The study did not have a conclusion as to the reasons for that difference.

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 25, 2016, 12:26:03 am »

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
« Reply #125 on: July 25, 2016, 12:45:52 am »
People getting shot every time when they leave their homes would be quite the war-zone.

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
« Reply #126 on: July 25, 2016, 07:56:45 am »
+1
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sir_Hans

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Beached_Dolphin, Sir_Hans
« Reply #127 on: July 25, 2016, 09:11:27 am »
I'm still waiting for Bernie Sanders to respond to all this. I bet the DNC probably just told him to keep his mouth shut and now he's playing the pawn.

I wouldn't doubt that Russia would do something like this to secretly promote Trump. It's obvious Hilary is in with the same crowd who's been running the show here in the US for decades, the groomed politician  types that have all the backdoor connections to put themselves in positions of high authority. Same people that managed to put John Kerry against his former classmate, bonesman, family friend w/ business ties Geroge W Bush... Making Bush win his 2nd term even after being probably the most criticized and disliked president in History at the time.

Trump is a wild card, It's obvious he isn't in the groomed politician circle (Though if he was able to snatch a victory, which he won't, there's a good chance he would just be brought into the fold. A person like that with so much to lose is pretty easy to control.) But Russia and about a third of the U.S. would rather see a wild card in officer than someone they know is going to be the same ol', same ol'.

Pretty shameful leaders we've been handed lately. Seems like they just continue to outdo how terrible their predecessor was and then they are rewarded with a 2nd term somehow.

Allow me to make a prediction. Hilary will get elected. She will be a terrible leader according to the majority of US citizens. She will be given a 2nd term. and by the end of her 2nd term we will still be involved in proxy wars, nation building, and occupying/drone striking poor nations which pose little to no threat to the U.S.

Offline Westwood

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossback, Occitan, Mossitan
  • Game nicks: Westwood
« Reply #128 on: July 25, 2016, 09:15:05 am »
Well of course Russia is helping him, didn't you listen to his wife's voice? All I could hear was "we will bury you," "your children will be communists," etc.
Maybe you are not bad, but you are a boring person. Well, that's the end of the matter.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 31, 2016, 08:54:09 pm »
Peaceful politics. If just "political action" sounds violent.

Cool if you never ever did any of the things I mentionned, but tons of people that shares your political proclivities do and it certainly isnt "peaceful politics". Its even more fucked up since the origin of these movements are largely unfounded.
http://edition.cnn.com/2016/07/22/us/north-miami-police-charles-kinsey-shooting/index.html?iid=ob_lockedrail_bottommedium
I think this article provides all points of views, and closure on the topic.

Allow me to make a prediction. Hilary will get elected. She will be a terrible leader according to the majority of US citizens. She will be given a 2nd term. and by the end of her 2nd term we will still be involved in proxy wars, nation building, and occupying/drone striking poor nations which pose little to no threat to the U.S.

I would have said so before the fail the DNC was compared to the weird RNC. That could be a big thing.

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
« Reply #130 on: August 01, 2016, 11:17:53 pm »
Cool if you never ever did any of the things I mentionned, but tons of people that shares your political proclivities do and it certainly isnt "peaceful politics". Its even more fucked up since the origin of these movements are largely unfounded.

I think you might be generalizing here. Quite a bit. And I can hardly tell what you are even referring to.
And it's not like it's hard to find a superficial similarity to someone who did something bad for anyone. Except maybe a hardcore Jainist. But those guys aren't materialist consumers, and so, dangerously different.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/07/22/us/north-miami-police-charles-kinsey-shooting/index.html?iid=ob_lockedrail_bottommedium
I think this article provides all points of views, and closure on the topic.

If you think this brings it to a neat end and it's not indicative of a problem in the US, then we definitely have differing views.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 02, 2016, 12:12:19 am »
I can hardly tell what you are even referring to.

The previous post.

If you think this brings it to a neat end and it's not indicative of a problem in the US, then we definitely have differing views.

Heh, I said it provided all points of views for a reason.

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
« Reply #132 on: August 02, 2016, 12:22:47 am »
The previous post.

Heh, I said it provided all points of views for a reason.

Well, you can continue to be vague for a couple of more posts, but it's not going to be a great discussion. Or you could tell me what you actually mean.

What exactly are these "political proclivities" that tons of violent people share?

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1285
  • Infamy: 1499
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 02, 2016, 12:56:34 am »

16 years of Donkey party ruling USA? Ain't going to happen. When was the last time one party had president for more than two mandates?

You'll become great again :mrgreen:

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 02, 2016, 02:35:04 am »
What exactly are these "political proclivities" that tons of violent people share?

I think there is a misunderstanding. The subject is not what does the "violent people" do politically generally (how would I know), its the other way around: those that have "anti-police" as a part of their political positionings and the fact that their methods to "change the police" include violence (verbal and physical harassment, ignoring orders, resisting arrests, supporting rulebreakers, rioting, etc... I merely repeat the previous "vague" post), or at the barest they offer passive resistance to the rule of law which is obstruction.
There is a couple "peaceful politics" methods (discussing like we are, filming police work, interacting with police normally, or their rep, or taking it up the political/legal chain), and this is good.

Where do you stand?  :)
If you stand by the first part, sorry but you are not a "political activist", simply a pain in the ass. Those are the "violent people" that have anti-police as their "political proclivities".
If you're not, thats great, lets keep chatting  :mrgreen:

(Sorry for the late edit, wanted to make perfectly sure everything was clear)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 02:54:27 am by Butan »