Author Topic: Admin, rules, minor announcemets  (Read 34193 times)

Offline McKli_PL

• Count
  • Renown: 294
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: South_the_grey, HeDdar_the_grey, Wazonowej_the_grey
Re: Admin, rules, minor announcemets
« Reply #105 on: May 03, 2016, 07:39:32 pm »
+5
People seem to forget that this is a multiplayer game that requires players for the game to remain alive. On a server that usually has less than 20 players on at prime-time banning 20 players for 30 days and ruining a strat battle for "trolling" after provoking them is just dumb. There is no shortage of admins on NA, in fact while other admins were trying to handle the situation by just muting the morons he stepped in and started passing out 30 day bans provoking them even further and didn't stop until he banned 20 players for 30 day and then banned the head admin of NA.

It's nothing personal against Desire, there are just too many admins on NA as it is, and every one of them would have and could have handled the situation better, which is why it's better if Desire just doesn't have admin. Desire is a ban happy admin and even admitted he doesn't care if the mod dies, this is not the kind of admin we need, he has no common sense.
rofl that's why giving an admin rights to forum warriors who need to compensate being sh1t in this game is one big joke
Long live our Eu DTV ADMIN(idi na hui pizdec  :mrgreen:) which he has more common sense than all Na admins.

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
« Reply #106 on: May 03, 2016, 07:57:34 pm »
rofl that's why giving an admin rights to forum warriors who need to compensate being sh1t in this game is one big joke
Long live our Eu DTV ADMIN(idi na hui pizdec  :mrgreen:) which he has more common sense than all Na admins.

Exactly, common sense should be used.

"We don't trust you to admin but you can still alter the game." I'm not sure that is wise? 

Srsly, saying smug things like "I don't care if the game dies" then stuff like this makes people wonder. Hopefully not being able to ban people has no bearing on your item balancing. I guarantee when people are truly ruining the ability for people to play the game and people post legit ban requests they will get dealt with.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 08:12:43 pm by Grytviken »

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #107 on: May 03, 2016, 08:15:10 pm »
20 people got banned for around 30 days? Jesus, NA jail sentences..
Also, Gravoth, what in the fucking hell is your profile picture.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #108 on: May 03, 2016, 08:17:29 pm »
+1
Also, Gravoth, what in the fucking hell is your profile picture.

Plebs who havent watched Berserk dont deserve to know.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #109 on: May 03, 2016, 08:20:09 pm »
+5
Plebs who havent watched Berserk dont deserve to know.
I have to agree I am a pleb. I'll get round to it one day..
One day....

Also, from the sounds of it, players were being cunts, didn't listen, so they get assfucked and then whined about it like little bitches. Tbf sounds like they fully deserved it.

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 03, 2016, 08:26:48 pm »
+2
The thing is, once you've warned and then banned the first person for doing it you cant back out.

I enjoy TS shenanigans as much as anyone, but deliberately getting yourself banned and whining like a little bitch on the forums about it. Come on.

If I saw some admin giving permabans for saying "friend", I would say friend too.

Offline Rando

• Duke
  • Renown: 593
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Chairman of the Refuge Against Domestic Violence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 03, 2016, 09:09:59 pm »
+2
You'd think all these people playing devil's advocate in this case would've shut up when they saw her admin was gone. That should say everything that needs to be said.

Strategus is now a wasteland in EU and NA. This event, which the admin team has admitted was well beyond wrongful punishment, caused one of the longest standing NA admins to lose their position and one of the biggest NA factions (Also the biggest driving force for NA strat's life), to quit. Just look at strat now, it's a joke, just as bad or even worse than the last dead strat.

We're talking about an admin that had been playing by their own rulebook for a long time. Constantly said things like, "I don't want to enforce this rule, so I won't." or "I wanna see how far I can go before they take away my admin."

This is likely the primest example we've seen yet of why you don't give children positions of power. This was some Garrys Mod RP donator admin level shit. I'll make it clear I don't hate this person at all, just like I wouldn't hate a spider for biting me or something. It's just in its nature.

You can say that the players broke the rules, and yeah, they did. If players were perfect, there would be no need for admins. It's the admin's job to minimize the damage of a situation like this, and the exact opposite was done, on purpose.

I just wanted to leave this message to admonish the misguided folks who are toasting to this event, toasting to the person that actually contributed to making a large amount of players leave this game.

Women cannot be autistic, because that implies otherwise well functioning brain to be impaired in some way. We know that women posses no such thing.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #112 on: May 03, 2016, 09:16:53 pm »
If they actually had motivation to play Strat, they wouldn't have quit.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Westwood

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossback, Occitan, Mossitan
  • Game nicks: Westwood
« Reply #113 on: May 03, 2016, 09:35:35 pm »
+1
What does that even mean
Maybe you are not bad, but you are a boring person. Well, that's the end of the matter.

Offline Rando

• Duke
  • Renown: 593
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Chairman of the Refuge Against Domestic Violence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 03, 2016, 09:45:42 pm »
+4

Here's something that might be foreign to you: It's called principle. They quit because of their principles, they're not gonna invest time into a game where something like that could possibly happen. Good on them. They had the motivation to play strat, and they probably would've won if you ask me (someone who was a neutral faction towards them, and possibly would've fought them at some point). What they DIDN'T have the motivation for, or should I say tolerance for, was dealing with childish admins who think it's okay to ban 20 people in one sitting over what really amounts to a minor offense.
Women cannot be autistic, because that implies otherwise well functioning brain to be impaired in some way. We know that women posses no such thing.

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
« Reply #115 on: May 03, 2016, 11:31:58 pm »
You'd think all these people playin...

Here's something that might be foreign to you: It's called principle. They quit because of their principles, they're not gonna invest time into a game where something like that could possibly happen. Good on them. They had the motivation to play strat, and they probably would've won if you ask me (someone who was a neutral faction towards them, and possibly would've fought them at some point). What they DIDN'T have the motivation for, or should I say tolerance for, was dealing with childish admins who think it's okay to ban 20 people in one sitting over what really amounts to a minor offense.

I like your style of looking further then only just events and facts. But most people on this forum are to young to understand unfortunally, or stuck in left brain analytic cookie cutter mentality.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 11:41:34 pm by Jambi »
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #116 on: May 04, 2016, 12:32:44 am »
+4
Sooo... they all went dipshit and spammed the chat with 'friend' out of principle too? :lol:
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
« Reply #117 on: May 04, 2016, 12:46:51 am »
+9

I really wonder who is more childish here. Peeps who jumped on the prohibited word bandwagon without a second thought or the person who punished them because he was assigned to that position for punishing such actions in the first place?

Also does anybody really believe people just slammed the door and left out of principle? Nope, they left because they were only here due to habit and a tiny bit of obsession just like all of us. The few remaining people still play only because they can't find a reason good enough to stop already. Those who left finally found a reason, which is good for them.

Offline Westwood

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossback, Occitan, Mossitan
  • Game nicks: Westwood
« Reply #118 on: May 04, 2016, 01:09:07 am »
+1
Also does anybody really believe people just slammed the door and left out of principle? Nope, they left because they were only here due to habit and a tiny bit of obsession just like all of us. The few remaining people still play only because they can't find a reason good enough to stop already. Those who left finally found a reason, which is good for them.

Would that we all could be so lucky.
Maybe you are not bad, but you are a boring person. Well, that's the end of the matter.

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
« Reply #119 on: May 04, 2016, 01:11:10 am »
I really wonder who is more childish here. Peeps who jumped on the prohibited word bandwagon without a second thought or the person who punished them because he was assigned to that position for punishing such actions in the first place?

The answer is everyone. Desire inflamed the situation by not working with the other admins that were trying to do the sensible thing, which was mute the trouble makers. If people tried to avoid the mutes they could have then be banned and noone would have said anything, but they didn't and Desire jumped to 30 day+ bans. Desire even banned the head NA admin for telling people to not say "N*****".  :lol: Absolutely zero common sense.