Author Topic: Admin, rules, minor announcemets  (Read 34217 times)

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
Re: Admin, rules, minor announcemets
« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2016, 01:47:57 pm »
+1
Nightingale isn't banned, and can continue being an item balancer/advisor if they want to.

Kinda sounds like :"Nightingale isnt on the team anymore, but can still bring me coffee in the morning"  :P

Don't want to sound selfish (haha, sounds like fish) or egoistic, but IMO any game texture modifications should be prohibited, since you can never draw a definite line between what gives you an advantage and what only improves the looks.
I mean, come on, why not play the game as it is.

First chadz tells me i can be whatever i want in his game... and now Uther tops it of with allowing mods to suit personal roleplay.

Why you got to hate on starwars Macropus.. why WHY! WHY!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 02:25:16 pm by Jambi »
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2016, 04:36:29 pm »
The whole Nightingale thing is pretty lame.  Uther steps in and instead of working with her, the first thing he does is cover his ass by throwing her under the bus to appease some assholes who were spamming the N-word en masse on a server and got a measly two-day ban, even though many of them had prior records of abuse and trolling.  Considering how racist EU is, especially against Turks, you would think he would be a little more supportive of his admins for something that has been done before by Canary and other admins. 

Especially after over 4 years of solid, impartial service and not that biased admin shit in favor of your own clan like Artyem does (who never lost his adminship for supporting the racism and encouraging and participating in it himself in-game chat using the public admin chat ((I lost adminship for far far less)).  But hey, its politics!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 04:40:04 pm by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2016, 05:24:42 pm »
+18
Considering how racist EU is, especially against Turks

Finally, someone recognized my work!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline chesterotab

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 02, 2016, 05:52:36 pm »
+1
Racism is allowed now Kesh, get with the times.

▲ ▲
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline SayAttack

• Baron
  • Renown: 115
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 02, 2016, 06:29:08 pm »
Racism is allowed now Kesh, get with the times.

im not politician, so i'm still free to say what i think

Offline hellou

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2016, 06:42:15 pm »
While Occitans are banned, this guy Kesh and his friends take over their fiefs.
Take a look at the strat map or past/future battles...

« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 06:56:11 pm by hellou »

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 02, 2016, 07:09:38 pm »
+2
While Occitans are banned, this guy Kesh and his friends take over their fiefs.
Take a look at the strat map or past/future battles...

Someone is still banned?..

Offline hellou

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 02, 2016, 07:16:43 pm »
Someone is still banned?..
No idea if still banned but they lost already most their fief after ban, they have only 2 last, and under attack.

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 02, 2016, 08:42:49 pm »
+1
All you n-words and your strat drama. You should be called f-words instead for caring so much about gay fiefs. Even the biggest tryhard a-words in this community don't care so much about boring as shit Strategus. I bet your s-words are the size of a peanut.
Word.

Offline Jarold

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 142
  • "Always wear more armor than the guy next to you."
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarold
« Reply #69 on: May 02, 2016, 09:08:06 pm »
+2
I missed a lot of drama, need to lurk more. Get off the forums guys, it used to be so lively on NA1. Now it's very lonely...

Offline Uther Pendragon

• King
  • Renown: 1253
  • Infamy: 133
  • EX Head of EU and NA admin teams
    • View Profile
    • Strategus Guide
  • Faction: Stromgarde
  • Game nicks: Uthyr Pendraeg, Uthyr, mr fucking dtv hero admin, Stromgarde_Uthyr_Pendraeg
  • IRC nick: Something along those lines above
« Reply #70 on: May 02, 2016, 10:11:47 pm »
+8
The whole Nightingale thing is pretty lame.  Uther steps in and instead of working with her, the first thing he does is cover his ass by throwing her under the bus to appease some assholes who were spamming the N-word en masse on a server and got a measly two-day ban, even though many of them had prior records of abuse and trolling.  Considering how racist EU is, especially against Turks, you would think he would be a little more supportive of his admins for something that has been done before by Canary and other admins. 

Especially after over 4 years of solid, impartial service and not that biased admin shit in favor of your own clan like Artyem does (who never lost his adminship for supporting the racism and encouraging and participating in it himself in-game chat using the public admin chat ((I lost adminship for far far less)).  But hey, its politics!

It never was about allowing or denying racism, I don't believe anyone honestly cares about it, other than people who want to use it for trolling. :rolleyes:
It's about 19 unnecessary bans that affected the entire NA population. Yes, they were initially idiotically long but they were reduced under the public pressure. But it doesn't matter, because the initial bad taste remains. Yes, they were dealt for a bannable offense. But it doesn't matter, because there are many times when we deal with bannable offences without bans.

I had a lengthy talk with Desire right after the event, and later after my nomination, additional talks with few other admins from EU and NA, and couple of players. I have nothing personal against Nightingale and long before the event we often talked, but I saw no other way. There was no space to work with her if she wasn't willing to admit to any wrongs on her part.

There is absolutely no excuse for banning 19 people, when it amounts to almost half the active population at the time. There are other ways to resolve it.

I am not covering my ass Kesh, there's nothing to cover, if people want to dislike me, they have plenty of other legitimate reasons :lol: I'm just drawing the consequences, and sorry, but I have the right to be worried after her posts like "If this is the nail to the NA cRPG coffin, so be it", which show a weird attitude for an admin to hold.

One thing we couldn't agree on is our approach towards the rules - while she leaned more towards upholding them no matter the opposition of rule breakers, I feel it's more important to adapt as the times change, so the game continues to supply what people want from it - fun. We're not some huge game with hundreds of faceless players where we can afford to discourage some of them from playing for minor infractions. I feel there is more to gain in a more lenient approach to the rules, and more often relying on player complaints rather than taking action ourselves, in appropriate cases.

In the coming days I want to make it a subject of discussion amongst the admins, regarding our approach towards the rules. You'll hear about it from me again)

I laugh at your accusation of anti-turkish racism in Europe by appointing the first turkish admin!

Artyem actually asked for removal after the incident, he doesn't wish to play anymore afaik, but deadmining an inactive person is redundant in my eyes.

This situation is not pretty but what is done is done, history will judge us))
Nemo prudens punit, quia peccatum est, sed ne peccetur.
I (used to) manage character issues, reverting, restoring and fixing related mistakes and some other stuff. Feel free to message if you encounter a problem.
He's not the hero DTV deserves but he's the one they need.

Offline Westwood

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossback, Occitan, Mossitan
  • Game nicks: Westwood
« Reply #71 on: May 02, 2016, 10:15:44 pm »
No idea if still banned but they lost already most their fief after ban, they have only 2 last, and under attack.
Nobody is still banned. In general, people decided to stop playing because they were banned for thirty days, en masse, and even after the ban was lessened it would have been pretty gay to say jk guys we're playing again this is totally reasonable now, don't you think? The ban rollback was couched as a threat to start deleting accounts if anything like that happened again. This mod is a shit show and I'm sure everyone who still isn't playing (most of Frisia, Dracul, and Occitan, along with some other random people who left in solidarity I guess?) is happier overall.

I did not quit, and I am not happy. Though, Mossbackistan remains a final bastion of Freedom in Strat.

Now that there isn't any threat to them (Frisia, Dracul, and Occitan) that worthless weeaboo faction Pars came back to hug it out with FCC in former GOBBLIN Northern Empire SODOMY fiefs, that is what you are seeing my friend.

Uther seems like a really cool guy.
Maybe you are not bad, but you are a boring person. Well, that's the end of the matter.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #72 on: May 02, 2016, 10:17:33 pm »

Who are you?  We waited until after ban was over.   They quit, we were already at war with them.  Don't be foolish.  And Arowaine long ago was not banned, has access to site since he applied for his own battles and hired himself (not pseudonym) even though he didn't show, then pretended he couldn't access site.  No one is banned.

Also, they were in the process of giving most of their troops and gear and gold to DRZ (like they need it) as the good overlords they were.  This is taking it away from NA and good fights there, so we tried to stop that.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
« Reply #73 on: May 02, 2016, 10:25:11 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Bla bla bla omg this guy still head admin!?  :P :P :P :P :P Kratos should be head admin instead of the head admin!
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #74 on: May 02, 2016, 10:27:04 pm »
+9
I laugh at your accusation of anti-turkish racism in Europe by appointing the first turkish admin!

I feel used.