Author Topic: Admin, rules, minor announcemets  (Read 34049 times)

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
Re: Admin, rules, minor announcemets
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2016, 11:57:03 pm »
+2
Anyone who isn't a Turk deserves a ban imo.
Look at all these poor banned souls the future has in store visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2016, 01:33:34 am »
+12
Admin changes:

Nightingale is removed as an admin

no one else is gonna say so i guess i have to

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

RIP   :(

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2016, 01:39:14 am »
+5
no one else is gonna say so i guess i have to

RIP   :(

For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • Renown: 838
  • Infamy: 562
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck these jerkoff kids
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KBW<MB<SoW
  • Game nicks: Gorp_The_Gorger
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2016, 06:00:30 am »
I love the movie baskins

Offline hellou

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2016, 06:41:56 am »
+2

Technically, they should go back in time and unban him, then ban him now.

But now he would not do this anymore because its forbidden  :!:

Offline Westwood

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossback, Occitan, Mossitan
  • Game nicks: Westwood
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2016, 07:21:42 am »
+2
Does this mean that people I like will start playing this game again?

(click to show/hide)
Maybe you are not bad, but you are a boring person. Well, that's the end of the matter.

Offline hellou

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2016, 08:39:47 am »
A point about ban people who said the word "niger" in game on NA server.

Occitans are from Canada right? Canadas economy never based on slavery of black people and had never same anti black laws like USA. In Europe the situation is the same. I dont see why in Canada or Europe or Asia blacks should get more protection than other nations, races or whatever. Slavery, aparthed, the word friend, its mostly an US problem. How can you ban people from Canada because they used the n word, while there is a country called nigeria and some see called niger. friend this and niger that, this is part of the us hip hop music.

Look here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eOv0ASKFQk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x5ZRAVXxr8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jE5TpN2bb8
Its even allowed to sing like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnMvz3mLXaA
All this come out of your us-culture into the world!

Win process against youtube and all the artists, then start to ban the world  :lol:
Canadians need own representation between admins  :idea:
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 08:43:34 am by hellou »

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2016, 09:39:20 am »
+15
I stand by all of my actions during my time as an admin. I did my best to help maintain a respectful and healthy community for the 4 years I was active. I tried to do my best in enforcing the rules as unbiasedly as I could; I may have overdone it. I am sorry that people felt the need to "quit" over a two-day ban that was self-inflicted.

@Hellou: Its in the rules so I enforced it; The rules are constructed by Europeans, servers are paid for by Europeans, this mod is made by Europeans. If they decide they don't want racial slurs in their servers that would be their choice. It has clearly been decided that spamming this is to be allowed. I would advise updating the rules to accommodate for this sudden change in atmosphere. (FYI there are a few Canadian admins)

@e_wstwd: I wouldn't compare me to the evil witch xD That doesn't speak highly of any of you guys... well never mind, that is pretty fitting.

I don't want my admin back nor do I expect to get it back; that said, RIP in pieces me.  :lol:

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2016, 09:50:27 am »
+11
A Turkish admin?

ShiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiIiIiiIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIiiiIIiIIiIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIiiiIiiIiiIIIiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIt.

Offline Rando

• Duke
  • Renown: 593
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Chairman of the Refuge Against Domestic Violence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2016, 10:11:33 am »
I stand by all of my actions during my time as an admin. I did my best to help maintain a respectful and healthy community for the 4 years I was active. I tried to do my best in enforcing the rules as unbiasedly as I could; I may have overdone it. I am sorry that people felt the need to "quit" over a two-day ban that was self-inflicted.

@Hellou: Its in the rules so I enforced it; The rules are constructed by Europeans, servers are paid for by Europeans, this mod is made by Europeans. If they decide they don't want racial slurs in their servers that would be their choice. It has clearly been decided that spamming this is to be allowed. I would advise updating the rules to accommodate for this sudden change in atmosphere. (FYI there are a few Canadian admins)

@e_wstwd: I wouldn't compare me to the evil witch xD That doesn't speak highly of any of you guys... well never mind, that is pretty fitting.

I don't want my admin back nor do I expect to get it back; that said, RIP in pieces me.  :lol:

If you would've just said "I'm sorry." and left it at that it would've spoken so many volumes above this disaster of a post, but I guess on some level you still feel smug about what you did.
Women cannot be autistic, because that implies otherwise well functioning brain to be impaired in some way. We know that women posses no such thing.

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2016, 10:25:53 am »
+9
If you would've just said "I'm sorry." and left it at that it would've spoken so many volumes above this disaster of a post, but I guess on some level you still feel smug about what you did.

Simply saying sorry for having admined; would have come off even more smug than any level of "disastrous" post I could write.

In truth I'm not sure what I feel at this moment in time, mostly confused; It matters very little what I say. Being disliked by the majority means that, anything and everything I say will be taken as offensive and "smug" in nature.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2016, 10:26:59 am »
+2
I don't dislike you and apart from the initial length of the ban, I might have done the same in similar circumstances.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2016, 10:34:40 am »
+1
I don't dislike you and apart from the initial length of the ban, I might have done the same in similar circumstances.

The initial length of the ban was the product of a system to limit biased action; however clearly that system is no longer functional as here I lay. I wouldn't recommend following in similar approach to this situation as it would be signing your own death warrant.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2016, 10:37:51 am »
Well, with this rather high number of players going ape shit cuz of - I dunno - "muh oppressive system", muting is not a practical solution to resolve the situation.
One general warning, then straight to banning for 2 hours or something.

Still seems to be the sound approach to me and I can imagine to most of the other admins too.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2016, 10:55:31 am »
Well, with this rather high number of players going ape shit cuz of - I dunno - "muh oppressive system", muting is not a practical solution to resolve the situation.
One general warning, then straight to banning for 2 hours or something.

Still seems to be the sound approach to me and I can imagine to most of the other admins too.

Clearly not, if that was the case then my later approach of lessening the bans would have been adequate to show my agreeance to lesser punishment; Not to mention my stating as much and being told "we will see how it plays out." Instead, here I am confused as to why I wasn't given a chance to adapt to a new meta of lighter punishments after 4 years of being an admin. I don't mean to start another argument over this incredibly retarded situation; that is not my intention.

"We don't trust you to admin but you can still alter the game." I'm not sure that is wise? Given I was in Uthyr's same shoes and  if I were to decide I can't trust a person to make simple decisions; how could I trust this same person to alter the very game everyone plays?