Author Topic: We Are Reverting  (Read 36316 times)

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
Re: We Are Reverting
« Reply #180 on: March 30, 2016, 06:36:38 pm »
+2
Just remove ranged all together and if you get like 3 kills in a row, it calls in a wave of arrows from an archer team.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #181 on: April 12, 2016, 11:03:16 am »
+9
If you want more glancing and more high power hits, then you need to change the armor soak values that were fiddled with way back when. But, as i remember, the change was needed and made the game much more enjoyable.

I'm actually very much in favour of reverting to more nativenesque soak and reduce armour values. Back in the day the change was made because of the high damage randomness and thus glancing randomness. I wanted to make the game more deterministic and thus - imho - more skillbased because back then even a decent hit with a weaker weapon could bounce off plate because of a bad dice roll. With WSE2 cmp managed to reduce or even remove randomness completely (don't remember) so glancing would be one's own fault most of the time. I think reverting the values would make plate great again.

I think Armagan might have introduced the randomness in the first place to unfuck bots fighting each other. A simple AI duel would end in glancing deadlocks more often without some damage variation. A player can maximize it with hold time, movement speed, placement and sweet spots but a bot's a bot.

Compensating for wide crosshairs requires skill; shooting with pinpoint accurate ranged weapons does not. Landing a headshot into a 20 pixel head is harder with a 30 pixel crosshair than with a 1 pixel crosshair, and it doesn't come down to luck. If you center your 30 pixels into the 20 pixels, chances are you'll hit. If you aim at the top left edge of the earlobe with your 1 pixel, you'll still hit although you technically didn't aim at the center of the head.

Holy fuck. This is creationism tier reasoning.

the turn nerf is a good example of what happens when middle of the road players are used to make balance decisions, literally no top 10% player though it was a good idea but cmp and paul completely ignored them because they were bottom of the scoreboard trashcans who kept losing 1v1s to people with pikes and decided that wasn't right, and nevermind that it fucked melee up big time.

Noice. That's exactly how it happened. It's not liek the (donating) masses were crying about tornado pikes and cmp forced us to pull a formular out of our asses because he was the 2nd laziest overlord around. Also muh balance for (strat) battles and not duels.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 12:35:46 pm by Paul »

Offline McKli_PL

• Count
  • Renown: 294
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: South_the_grey, HeDdar_the_grey, Wazonowej_the_grey
« Reply #182 on: April 12, 2016, 12:41:30 pm »
+1
I'm actually very much in favour of reverting to more nativenesque soak and reduce armour values. Back in the day the change was made because of the high damage randomness and thus glancing randomness. I wanted to make the game more deterministic and thus - imho - more skillbased because back then even a decent hit with a weaker weapon could bounce off plate because of a bad dice roll. With WSE2 cmp managed to reduce or even remove randomness completely (don't remember) so glancing would be one's own fault most of the time. I think reverting the values would make plate great again.
mate plate is great again or i would write plate is great always when u know how to play as heavy inf, plz don't balance or fix nothing  :D one morron NA Tydeus was enough to f**** up this great game so hard :|

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #183 on: April 12, 2016, 12:49:50 pm »
+4
Well, my grammatically impaired friend from buttcountry, a soak increase would also mean a reduce decrease so overall damage would stay the same if done correctly. There would just be more glances depending on movement skill, holds and sweet spotting. No need to be afraid though. I'm not active anymore as a dev so I'm just stating my preferences.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 12:53:32 pm by Paul »

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #184 on: April 12, 2016, 06:26:22 pm »
+1
1. Add delay for voice commands.

2. Add delay for switching weapons/primary and secondary attack.

3. Buff shields in hp and forcefield, 180° protection from the front with 4 shieldskill points.
 And vs jump thrower exploiters.

4. Nerf headshot bonuses, main reasons range classes are still op. More Headshots with helps like that from Pandor are possible, so nerf. Make low damage arrows bounce off heavy armor. Look steel plate protect better than wooden shield or maybe we should make tanks from wood?   :mrgreen:

5. Make pike/longspear/bamboo not able to block, reduce damage to heavy armor.

6. Reduce damage from small blunt weapons like stones, wooden stick/staff.
Blunt damage: low weight of weapon = low damage or none.
High weight of weapon =  slow and unbalanced

7. Nerf melee damage from throwing weapons.

8. Add better rewards for mercenary in strat like more xp, gold and silver.

9. Give Characters under level 37 more xp gain to be able to reach the try hards.

10. Nerf speedbonus  (agi whores make team split and turnrate to pstop macro dpi abusers).

Harry up or someone may leave the mod  :lol:

1. No.

2. No.

3. ...

4. I hate archers, but no. If you think getting shot in the head wouldn't offer a significant damage boost then I honestly have no hope.

5. You're seriously having trouble dealing with a class that can only hit in one direction, that for the most part, glances due to people having no clue how to play it..?

6. No.

7. No. Only throwing weapon melee that needs tuning is the throwing lance.

8. Don't really play as a merc so can't answer that.

9. No.

10. No.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline McKli_PL

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 12, 2016, 10:04:14 pm »
+2
Well, my grammatically impaired friend from buttcountry, a soak increase would also mean a reduce decrease so overall damage would stay the same if done correctly. There would just be more glances depending on movement skill, holds and sweet spotting. No need to be afraid though. I'm not active anymore as a dev so I'm just stating my preferences.
dear shit no brain bot, aka no brain NA(b) plz dont teach me how to play pure heavy inf,  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D lol kurwa this this bot hahhahahaa lol x1 team :_)))))))))))))))  buahahahhaha this fucking bot is talking about how to glance vs tincan and about meleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee heavy inffffffffffffff, buahahhaahhahahaahaha and teaching about movement on tincan hahhahahahhahahaahahahaahhah kurwa sorry son too much cocain today,son plz teach me about glancing in crpg +60armor hahahahahahaha o kurwaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :D :D :D : buahahhahhaha lolololol im talking about how full plate (pure fucking plate not NA(b) plate)is waaaaaaay OP in combat scenario and in teamplay screnario is a major factor how to win a round :mrgreen: (like a said one nab from Na (Tydeus) now this bot Paul whant to fucking balance things top kurwa kek yeeeessssss buffffff more  heavy plate u dumb fuck!!!! :P :mrgreen:)

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #186 on: April 12, 2016, 10:50:50 pm »
+3
I just really hope the reload time for xbows and the release glitch will be reverted for the lower rank xbows.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #187 on: April 13, 2016, 12:37:06 am »
+1

I'd be all for it, i think it would help a lot now. Or at least something similar, because i remember it being like either you glance, or you do a lot of damage. Id like more damage and a bit more glancing, but i dont want all low damage weapons to get fucked.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #188 on: April 13, 2016, 12:43:22 am »
dear shit no brain bot, aka no brain NA(b) plz dont teach me how to play pure heavy inf,  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D lol kurwa this this bot hahhahahaa lol x1 team :_)))))))))))))))  buahahahhaha this fucking bot is talking about how to glance vs tincan and about meleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee heavy inffffffffffffff, buahahhaahhahahaahaha and teaching about movement on tincan hahhahahahhahahaahahahaahhah kurwa sorry son too much cocain today,son plz teach me about glancing in crpg +60armor hahahahahahaha o kurwaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :D :D :D : buahahhahhaha lolololol im talking about how full plate (pure fucking plate not NA(b) plate)is waaaaaaay OP in combat scenario and in teamplay screnario is a major factor how to win a round :mrgreen: (like a said one nab from Na (Tydeus) now this bot Paul whant to fucking balance things top kurwa kek yeeeessssss buffffff more  heavy plate u dumb fuck!!!! :P :mrgreen:)

I learn something new every day. I had no idea Paul moved to NA so welcome to NA fuckery Paul.

I'm pretty sure (NA) Rico and I have decided to increase reloading time on xbows and half their dmg while doubling archer dmg and halfing their accuracy. This is fantastic.
We also are going to buff rock throwers and peasant weapons. This game needs more fuckery.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 13, 2016, 02:21:49 am »
+2

We also are going to buff rock throwers and peasant weapons. This game needs more fuckery.

Yes, make it so rocks can be thrown with both hands in 2 directions at the same time, and decrease the weight and increase the ammo amount. Or even better make it so you can just pick up random rocks on the ground and make them easily spotted.  :P
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline McKli_PL

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 13, 2016, 06:21:26 am »
+1
I learn something new every day. I had no idea Paul moved to NA so welcome to NA fuckery Paul.

I'm pretty sure (NA) Rico and I have decided to increase reloading time on xbows and half their dmg while doubling archer dmg and halfing their accuracy. This is fantastic.

ohhh i just thought that if some1 is so 'special' to buff even more plate and reverting glance mechanic to pre revival patch just need to be from NA :mrgreen:
don't buff plate to the dumb level when ppl were trading glance vs pure raw damage(killing in 1hit) like it was pre patch, now plate it's deadly enough so no need to buff it even more :|
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 07:22:24 am by McKli_PL »

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 30, 2016, 01:49:13 am »
+2
an inbuilt option to give a global free respec and a global free heirloom exchange are planned but we must see how we get there
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
« Reply #192 on: May 20, 2016, 05:58:00 pm »
+1
What's best about all of this is that I do it for China

Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV

Offline Nickleback

• Hero of The Chamber of Tears
  • Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 263
  • cRPG Player
  • Sheogorath -a Daedra Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 29, 2016, 01:36:29 am »
You know i told you all that this will happen in a thread i opened,i don't even want to go my posts find it and share with you because people who is doing these nerfs and buffs doesn't read stuff.

I wroted that they have made a big mistake with the last page and they will revert it like 1-2 months later after many people agonize,that is what happened here.

This problem could be solved months earlier if the item managers like chinese dud rico reading the player's comments.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 23, 2017, 07:17:31 pm »
So when mod is rolled back to 2012 mode will horse riding requirements go back too? Used to be able to ride Arabian horse with 6 riding skill now its 7.
PENDULUM