Author Topic: We Are Reverting  (Read 36035 times)

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
Re: We Are Reverting
« Reply #135 on: March 25, 2016, 02:40:19 pm »
+1
Would you not agree that if a few AGIwhores snuck around back and took on the archers whilst your main force fought against their main force that would give you a significant advantage? I believe it would.

It definitely would! Too bad that it doesnt work, first of all its basically a suicide mission, and if it succeeds you at best get 2 archers out of it, who are probably not even aware so they are the worse part of the archer squad. Archers are just too aware, cav might take them out occassionally though, much more effectively than agi builds.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 25, 2016, 02:55:33 pm »
What do you people think of cavalry as the main force of a team? Imagine a team consisting of ~70% cavalry, ~20% archers, and some infantry with polearms to defend the archers. It just seems like cavalry is (not in-game, but in general) better in almost every aspect than infantry when it comes to battles in open areas. The only thing infantry is good for are sieges, because you can't climb a ladder with a horse. If I were a medieval warrior, I'd rather be on a horse than on foot, if I could afford it.

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #137 on: March 25, 2016, 03:02:15 pm »
(Apologies with my analogy, I'm aware that the US won all actual battles in Vietnam but my point was that they used Guerrilla tactics to wear them down to a point where they were getting absolutely ruined by them.)

You forget that your point brings along with it the implication that every person on the other team is playing an AGIwhore when teams will be much more balanced out, I mean a couple of AGIwhores would perform Guerrilla like tactics to split numbers and break them apart whilst your main force decimates the people (Now between a boulder and an annoying cunt AGIwhore)

Would you not agree that if a few AGIwhores snuck around back and took on the archers whilst your main force fought against their main force that would give you a significant advantage? I believe it would.

I think you're assuming that this game had good or balanced maps.  Instead, the ranged will all sit on top of a steep hill and fire down continuously on infantry as they slowly walk up the hill.  And your agi won't make you any faster going up the hill, but now you've sacrificed all that HP and armor.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 25, 2016, 04:44:28 pm »

That was just the web server being down. The game actually worked, with the exception of Strategus.
Sry but the game didn't work for me, the launcher would time out then it tried a proxy and came back with failure to find anything. I tried all night but was stuck playing native.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #139 on: March 25, 2016, 04:51:43 pm »
Sry but the game didn't work for me, the launcher would time out then it tried a proxy and came back with failure to find anything. I tried all night but was stuck playing native.

Click "offline" then play (online).
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 25, 2016, 06:22:08 pm »
Click "offline" then play (online).
now you tell me, thanks alot  :P
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #141 on: March 25, 2016, 06:51:55 pm »
What do you people think of cavalry as the main force of a team? Imagine a team consisting of ~70% cavalry, ~20% archers, and some infantry with polearms to defend the archers. It just seems like cavalry is (not in-game, but in general) better in almost every aspect than infantry when it comes to battles in open areas. The only thing infantry is good for are sieges, because you can't climb a ladder with a horse. If I were a medieval warrior, I'd rather be on a horse than on foot, if I could afford it.

Theres a point where the enemies are completely forced to adapt because cav is simply too strong, but when enemies are forced to unite they generally win, depending on how the cav plays. This at least happened when we did a plated charger themenight, basically unstoppable untill they started corner camping with pikes and stakes. Though if we didnt just suicide charge for fun we couldve probably won through stalling untill flags.

Cav has a sweet spot at like 30-40% of the team, insanely powerful.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 06:57:45 pm by Gravoth_iii »
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 25, 2016, 07:30:18 pm »
insanely powerful.
You mean good at backstabbing out of nowhere?

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 25, 2016, 07:35:57 pm »
+1
You mean good at backstabbing out of nowhere?

Not really, just brute forcing with bumps, constant bumpdowns untill dead by some swings, just smashing through infantry, lone people have basically no chance and will die.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 25, 2016, 11:47:19 pm »
Not really, just brute forcing with bumps, constant bumpdowns untill dead by some swings, just smashing through infantry, lone people have basically no chance and will die.
This is only true if theres a pack of them otherwise cav is easy to counter if theres only 1 or 2.
PENDULUM

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 26, 2016, 01:24:58 am »
This is only true if theres a pack of them otherwise cav is easy to counter if theres only 1 or 2.

Well the playstyle of cav changes varying on the numbers they have, if they are fewer then they will do the backstabbing and stealthy playstyle. But we were discussing cav in large quantities, completely off topic anyways.

Did i mention buff shields?

And also polearm leftswing is the worst swing in the game currently, absolutely horrible. With both 1h and 2h i feel both swings have very usefull properties, but polearm leftswing i avoid like the plague. If im in a 2v1 with a teammate on my right stopping me from rightswinging then i often prefer running than leftswinging. The only time i use left swing is by accident. Its short, its slow, it has bad sweet spots, it glances and its from my experience bad at hiltslashing with. It has no redeeming factors.

Offline Shemaforash

• Duke
  • Renown: 533
  • Infamy: 169
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shemaforash
« Reply #146 on: March 26, 2016, 02:21:39 am »
Cavalry in cRPG is only strong in numbers, individually they are a weak class on par with archers.
You should be punished for having a shitty attitude.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #147 on: March 26, 2016, 05:13:07 am »
+2
And also polearm leftswing is the worst swing in the game currently, absolutely horrible. With both 1h and 2h i feel both swings have very usefull properties, but polearm leftswing i avoid like the plague. If im in a 2v1 with a teammate on my right stopping me from rightswinging then i often prefer running than leftswinging. The only time i use left swing is by accident. Its short, its slow, it has bad sweet spots, it glances and its from my experience bad at hiltslashing with. It has no redeeming factors.

How to defeat a polearmer in just 1 easy step:

1) Stand just a little bit behind him and to his right.

It's really annoying how horrible polearms are in teamfights if your teammates are too retarded to know how to properly let you support/support you. Since your rightswing, overhead, and stab all start on the right side of your body, all you can do is use the shorter-than-1h-leftswing leftswing if you have a friendly nearby to your right.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
« Reply #148 on: March 26, 2016, 07:00:15 am »
Cavalry in cRPG is only strong in numbers, individually they are a weak class on par with archers.

Very true, when they are riding its not very hard to shoot them, horses are very big targets.
But once you down their horse, and they charge at you with a shield. Its like a 2nd life for them, with the perfect counter. And with the trend of Lance/Polearm builds, they can still be an effective infantry.
And ontop of that 90% of the time when i down a horse, and try and shoot the fallen rider, the arrow simply hits the horse ragdoll.. very annoying.

Luckely most horsemen make the mistake of going in way to deep, or very far behind enemy lines. And are in for a long long walk to merge back up with their team when horse downed. Or they simply spergrage about archers, and make buff cav/nerf archer threads while at it. Fogetting they can most likely still one shot archers, and help out their team as infantry.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 07:44:51 am by Jambi »
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk

Offline AwesomeHail

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • Blaze it nerds
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries.
  • Game nicks: Hail, lol, Kankerhoer etc
« Reply #149 on: March 26, 2016, 11:25:14 am »
+4
Make light armour viable again ;-;
Your binary primitive low capacity of thinking is not relevant.