Author Topic: Colored Arrows/Bolts?  (Read 2665 times)

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
Re: Colored Arrows/Bolts?
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2016, 11:54:24 am »
+3
If you think a bit, using edited textures to compensate the lack of "skill/not used to" with the ranged weapon it's almost comparable with using auto-block if you're not used to "block properly/suck at blocking" (not quite the same, but the ultimate goal is: exceeding with unfair advantages over other players, and this gets you banned (or should)).

Just an heads up.  :wink:

Offline bensai

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 630
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player
  • Bᴏxɪɴɢ Cʜᴀᴍᴘ #ᴄRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
  • Game nicks: assington
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2016, 12:04:49 pm »
If you think a bit, using edited textures to compensate the lack of "skill/not used to" with the ranged weapon it's almost comparable with using auto-block if you're not used to "block properly/suck at blocking" (not quite the same, but the ultimate goal is: exceeding with unfair advantages over other players, and this gets you banned (or should)).

Just an heads up.  :wink:

i disagree, but i desist
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2016, 12:06:06 pm »
It's just my opinion nonetheless. It's the overlord(s) call anyway.  :wink:

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2016, 01:02:03 pm »
Shady subject, up till now its been okay so long as nobody knows youre using it. Still unchanged but being discussed, and theres not anyway to ever find out if you are using it afaik.. Imho changing textures should be ok, but we'll see what happens. Theres definitely some mods on the forums for stuff like that, that are still up. Maybe not for arrows and bolts though. I can see your pain though, did you try native projectiles?
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1148
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Hi
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fin
  • IRC nick: Fin
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2016, 02:00:48 pm »
+3
Potentially yes it is. But if Pandor still can play I mean unless he is banned; and if you're a noobie you're free to use.

No you are not. It is against the rules and will get you banned.

Same goes for spreading links.
"Life was easier as a borderline alcoholic." (chadz, 2016)

Offline imisshotmail

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 428
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2016, 02:09:55 pm »
However there is no way to detect different textured models, and former admin Tydeus confirmed that by using them himself.
http://forum.melee.org/general-discussion/high-apm-crpg-story-and-dueling-video/msg947169/#msg947169

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2016, 02:13:57 pm »
For lack of any good answer, we'll say YES. It is against the rules to use it, however, the reason Pandor was banned was because he openly shared it with the public even after being warned, nobody can stop you from cheating but you're a cunt if you do.

First rule of life I learned: Don't get caught.

(becus im a bank robber irl11!!)

tl;dr Yes, it's against the rules but if you don't get caught jack will happen.

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2016, 02:30:10 pm »
+1
However there is no way to detect different textured models, and former admin Tydeus confirmed that by using them himself.
http://forum.melee.org/general-discussion/high-apm-crpg-story-and-dueling-video/msg947169/#msg947169

That's badplayer's video not Tydeus.

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1148
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Hi
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fin
  • IRC nick: Fin
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2016, 02:33:07 pm »
+9
It will be dealt with in the future. Until then, punishments have to be hard and prompt. The question is, if u want to be a fair sportsman or a douche in the meantime.

The only thing this kind of cheating causes, is archers being better than the current balance allows them to be in the untouched build, which will result in readjustments all the time, and unfair balance for EVERYONE. So what you are doing is:

Your greed and your twisted ego makes you find ways to gain UNFAIR advantages over other players, which slowly causes your class to be nerfed and players to be frustrated and leave. So while you might have your few months of "Fun" - eventhough i don't get where the fuck the fun is in you making your game ugly just to be better than you actually are - you are ruining the game for everyone else immediately and also for your self on the long run.

Its like playing the witcher 3, using trainers > pointless.

What i really don't get is, if the consensus on this topic is that cheating is bad and should not be tolerated, why you are telling people they will get away with it. 

It is a stupid thing to say for both admins and players. Since Admins should prevent players from abusing bugs or cheating to get an advantage over others.

Encouraging any form of cheating is the least you, as a player or as an admin would want.

I will continue banning people who are shooting through bushes, obviously aiming at a moving target, and i will also ban texture cheaters if i see them as such. No questions asked, no mercy given. If u can't play by the rules, don't play at all.

"Life was easier as a borderline alcoholic." (chadz, 2016)

Offline Yuang

• Marshall
  • Renown: 788
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • I love you all
    • View Profile
    • 汉云工作室
  • Faction: Nothing
  • Game nicks: TangSanZang
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2016, 03:32:46 pm »
+7
Can I cheat in the exam? You know it can't be, but why do you still asking. We need to understand some things, not necessarily rely on the law.

I'm who I am, a firework of larruping color.
My time is seven hours earlier than the forum.

Offline a_bear_irl

• Duke
  • Renown: 540
  • Infamy: 252
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2016, 04:35:59 am »
+1
I will continue banning people who are better than me or doing things i cant do without any proof because im some scrub who stopped playing the game years ago and only hangs around because im a forum moderator
FREE ALLERS

Offline Gandalf77

• Count
  • Renown: 251
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rider_of_Rohirrim, Sandor_Clegane_
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2016, 02:14:38 pm »
always you can make your own colored missiles and no one will know until you will show some stupid screenshoot or film

Offline Xesta

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
  • Known as the best player of cRPG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2016, 07:54:58 am »
+1
I will continue banning people who are shooting through bushes, obviously aiming at a moving target, and i will also ban texture cheaters if i see them as such. No questions asked, no mercy given. If u can't play by the rules, don't play at all.

Rip Druzhina.
Xesta you dumb fuck it all started because of you.Everyone i know in this server hates u pimple faced fuck.Go find someone else to pull your nipples,spit your face and tell how stupid you are i'm done with you.I'LL KEBAP YOUR ASS ON MY SHISH I'LL TURN FACE HOLES INTO A SPERM SPLATTER TO GROW FETUS IN UR MOMS UTERUS

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2016, 08:06:19 am »
+3
You know, I can put dozens of videos from youtube from players whom you know and perhaps even respect, and dat make you look, or a liar, or the saddest man in the world depending on whether you ban them or not  :P

Offline bensai

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 630
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player
  • Bᴏxɪɴɢ Cʜᴀᴍᴘ #ᴄRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
  • Game nicks: assington
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2016, 11:07:57 am »