Author Topic: Pandor's repentance.  (Read 45196 times)

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
Re: Pandor's repentance.
« Reply #195 on: March 19, 2016, 03:13:09 pm »
First thread happened when I wasn't an admin, 2nd when I was only a trial admin - not much I could do...
Why do you feel it to be necessary to excuse yourself from some things, if you had no saying in it? perhaps your taking it to personal. But were not talking about you specificly, were talking about mods/admin team in general.
Let the Admins/Mods that were there speak up for their actions, and why they sat idle and even posted in those threads... while they should have been enforcing the rules. The community has the right to know, since we elected them and entrusted them with their jobs.
(click to show/hide)

Yes, i guess Mylot, was bored and had alot of time on it hands to write these down.
http://forum.melee.org/announcements/forum-rules/
And Admins / Moderators got selected to enforce these rules, whenever they seemed fit for themselves and with the approval of the general consensus.
Or perhaps he wrote these rules for admins/mods to enforce whenever trespassed, to avoid the community to become as cancerous and hypocrit as it is now and to avoid issue's  like these.. you know. just a thought
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 05:07:32 pm by Jambi »
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #196 on: March 19, 2016, 03:20:37 pm »
It all boils down to Krems being the only clean clan in crpg left.
Simply because we don't give a damn about our performances as long as we're having fun.
The true gaming spirit.

(click to show/hide)

confirmed, krems are now best clan in C-RPG
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #197 on: March 19, 2016, 04:30:29 pm »
+3
14 pages of people arguing over whether or not Pandor should be unbanned, while Pandor himself clearly doesn't give a shit about the whole thing, that's kinda funny. Clearly if he did, he would write something more persuasive than a sarcastic story.

While using colored textures might be somewhat tolerable since you can't really forbid it properly, openly sharing such things obviously isn't tolerable, the ban is justified and even Pandor himself doesn't care enough to argue on it, yet other people do somehow.  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 04:35:09 pm by Macropus »

Offline Nebun

• Duke
  • Renown: 532
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • - BAD BECAUSE RUSSIAN -
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 19, 2016, 04:40:35 pm »
+3
14 pages of people arguing over whether or not Pandor should be unbanned, while Pandor himself clearly doesn't give a shit about the whole thing, that's kinda funny. Clearly if he did, he would write something more persuasive than a sarcastic story.

While using colored textures might be somewhat tolerable since you can't really forbid it properly, openly sharing such things obviously isn't tolerable, the ban is justified and even Pandor himself doesn't care enough to argue on it, yet other people do somehow.  :rolleyes:

Absurd, and repeated over and over. "its tolerable since you can't forbid it properly" - u can, put a rule up, u can't work out if anyone using it but if they caught should be banned then. Where is a rule about "openly sharing" forbidden??? Thats the problem they see it on forum, videos, streams and u think its normal if they use it then why not. And then sharing of this is somehow forbidden even tho nobody ever discussed it.
when UIF looks at you

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #199 on: March 19, 2016, 04:41:29 pm »

He's probably just created another account and is playing on that >_<

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline Macropus

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 19, 2016, 04:47:46 pm »
Absurd, and repeated over and over. "its tolerable since you can't forbid it properly" - u can, put a rule up, u can't work out if anyone using it but if they caught should be banned then. Where is a rule about "openly sharing" forbidden??? Thats the problem they see it on forum, videos, streams and u think its normal if they use it then why not. And then sharing of this is somehow forbidden even tho nobody ever discussed it.
By saying you can't forbid it properly I mean that you can't make sure people don't use it, and indeed you can't. Still doesn't mean it's ok.
And yes, no rule specifically forbids sharing any of such things, that's where my subjective "common sense" rule comes into play: I mean, come on, how douchy do you have to be to do something like that. But I'm no admin (fortunately, I guess), so my opinion doesn't really matter much.
Wouldn't you agree though, that openly sharing something considered a cheat is a harsher misdoing than just using it by yourself?

He's probably just created another account and is playing on that >_<
So not a big deal then, everyone is happy.

Offline Arrowblood

• Duke
  • Renown: 508
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Arrowblood
« Reply #201 on: March 19, 2016, 04:58:09 pm »
Penis.

Offline Macropus

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 19, 2016, 05:04:15 pm »
+1
Penis.
All of a sudden, here you come uglifying Panos' nickname, now that's really rude!

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 19, 2016, 05:10:34 pm »
+2
14 pages of people arguing over whether or not Pandor should be unbanned

Erm.. did you read all the pages?
I wish the issue was that narrow and simple.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 05:18:05 pm by Jambi »
Love will tear us apart.

Offline Nebun

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 19, 2016, 05:33:26 pm »
+1
By saying you can't forbid it properly I mean that you can't make sure people don't use it, and indeed you can't. Still doesn't mean it's ok.
And yes, no rule specifically forbids sharing any of such things, that's where my subjective "common sense" rule comes into play: I mean, come on, how douchy do you have to be to do something like that. But I'm no admin (fortunately, I guess), so my opinion doesn't really matter much.
Wouldn't you agree though, that openly sharing something considered a cheat is a harsher misdoing than just using it by yourself?
So not a big deal then, everyone is happy.

problem is - was it considered a cheat? when so many ppl showed screens and videos on forum and didn't get banned. Thats the problem. Before i didn't even know that so much crap on this forum and ppl didn't get banned for it. But pandor did. If its considered a cheat why those who posted their screenshoots with pink arrows wasn't banned? there is a proof, there is a cheat! So what this message says, everyone can use it just not to share it on forum. Interesting.
when UIF looks at you

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 19, 2016, 07:22:56 pm »
permamuted is not something even close to permaban. If u didn't want him to share it on forum, u could also permamute him. It doesn't stop u from playing.

About rules, still i don't get it. U said its not against the rules because u have no means to check it. If thats the only reason then why don't u ban those who posted screenshoots and videos on this forum, they exposed themselves and should be banned too? Because u 100% know that they use them, its on screenshoots!

Let me rephrase - I can't affect it, so I won't shoot blindly at people i think are cheating without any proof. Care wasn't the clearest word to use.

Nah man Nebun. Uthred said this earlier. Something about "shooting" people when caught cheating and proof is there.

I said it's not against the rules to use them

But now hes saying that it isnt against the rules to use it, so what does he mean with "cheats" and proof, and wasnt the "common sense" rule a thing to enforce on this ? But if it isnt agianst the rules, then on what ground can an admin ban people.
I guess  his opinions also change on the fly, just like the rules do.

Thats why im here questioning this sort of stuff. Guess at this point, the regime is getting kind of unpredictable and scary.
banana republic ahoy!"

« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 07:56:34 pm by Jambi »
Love will tear us apart.

Offline Dupre

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 825
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: DoV
  • Game nicks: Dupre, Sentri
  • IRC nick: Nashringa
« Reply #206 on: March 19, 2016, 07:55:59 pm »
+9
Pandor is banned for trying to provide unfair/unrealistic/unapproved  texture changes to the community. http://forum.melee.org/general-discussion/join-the-resistance-and-get-blaster-for-free/ and if you think using these arrow texture changes is fair to the community, you're an idiot and deserve to be banned.

Has nothing to do with him being Russian or anything to do with race.

These rules apply to official servers:
- EU_cRPG_x (1,2,3,4,5,6,8)
- NA_cRPG_x (1,2,3,6)

If your common sense is not working, here are some more specific guidelines. This is not an explicit list, common sense always overrides disputes. Do not come crying "it's not prohibited in the rules" if you invent a new creative way to be an idiot and get punished.

Ban is temporary. No more of these arrow texture changes, if you get caught, banned for a long time or permanent. I'll create an approved list and post it.

BTW Uther didn't ban Pandor, I did.
Steam: ajkretchmer

Offline Nebun

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 19, 2016, 08:01:21 pm »
+1
Pandor is banned for trying to provide unfair/unrealistic/unapproved  texture changes to the community. http://forum.melee.org/general-discussion/join-the-resistance-and-get-blaster-for-free/ and if you think using these arrow texture changes is fair to the community, you're an idiot and deserve to be banned.

Has nothing to do with him being Russian or anything to do with race.

Ban is temporary. No more of these arrow texture changes, if you get caught, banned for a long time or permanent. I'll create an approved list and post it.

BTW Uther didn't ban Pandor, I did.

yes we know u did, but he was kind enough to reply to us in this thread.
If ban is temporary is there a way to find out when its expires?
when UIF looks at you

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 19, 2016, 08:02:19 pm »
+4
If CMP made that rule in 2011 for the admins to act upon.
The admin team sure missed alot of idiots that found creative ways gain to an advantage. With screenshots, video's and links alike on the forum.
Shameful it had to start with Pandor in 2016
But im glad someone will take time to finally make a list.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 08:06:20 pm by Jambi »
Love will tear us apart.

Offline Dupre

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 825
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: DoV
  • Game nicks: Dupre, Sentri
  • IRC nick: Nashringa
« Reply #209 on: March 19, 2016, 08:06:06 pm »
+8
If CMP made that rule in 2011 for the admins to act upon.
The admin team sure missed alot of idiots that found creative ways gain to an advantage.
Shameful it had to start with Pandor in 2016

Unfortunately the admin team in the past I guess didn't really care or take action on incidents like Pandors. To me, these texture changes are completely unfair and you can tell by the communities reaction that most think the same.
Steam: ajkretchmer