Author Topic: Sprained ankle  (Read 6878 times)

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
Re: Sprained ankle
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2016, 12:10:01 pm »
While not trolling, I realise this is the last forum to look to for medical advice.  :lol:

I'm just trying to start a discussion about injuries, really. And I thought this would be a good starting point.
Seriously, though, I never had an injured joint or bone, other than this time, one time when stabbed a flying basketball with my finger and a work related injury, where I almost lost my thumb, but escaped with a splintered bone and without my nail. Not counting all the times I hit my shin or elbow on stuff, but never broke anything...

Do you have some ghastly injuries on your list, Bronto?
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2016, 12:55:17 pm »
I'm not even joking but I broke my middle finger once during a fight. Both bones in my left forearm doing stupid bike tricks and i hit the edge of a curb. Fucked my knee up playing basketball in high school and had to have surgery on it. I've had stitches in my elbow from hitting the pavement too hard and had to have rocks removed from it. I almost cut my finger off on a table saw and shaved my knuckle to the bone using a disk sander. I guess I was just accident prone or wreck less when I was younger. Luckily the last injury I suffered was a cracked rib and that was about seven or eight years ago when I used to do kickboxing. I've just participated in about every sport I could growing up, BMX and skateboarding were popular in the late 90's early 2000's, and loved to fight.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2016, 12:57:52 pm »
With all that you're still clear to do sports?  :lol:

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2016, 01:01:51 pm »
Never give up man. Bones heal and chicks dig scars.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 01:34:06 pm by Bronto »

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2016, 01:05:04 pm »
I'm not even joking but I broke my middle finger once during a fight. Both bones in my left forearm doing stupid bike tricks and i hit the edge of a curb. Fucked my knee up playing basketball in high school and had to have surgery on it. I've had stitches in my elbow from hitting the pavement too hard and had to have rocks removed from it. I almost cut my finger off on a table saw and shaved my knuckle to the bone using a disk sander. I guess I was just accident prone or wreck less when I was younger. Luckily the last injury I suffered was a cracked rib and that was about seven or eight years ago when I used to do kickboxing. I've just participated in about every sport I could growing up, BMX and skateboarding were popular in the late 90's early 2000's, and loved to fight.
...or maybe you're a movement autist and your motor skills suck?

(click to show/hide)
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2016, 01:06:48 pm »
...or maybe you're a movement autist and your motor skills suck?

(click to show/hide)

Motor skills and nah. I've got too many accolades/trophies/belts that say otherwise :D

(click to show/hide)

Offline Alec

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
  • Caval-reee!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Northumbria
  • Game nicks: Bittersweet
  • IRC nick: Alec
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2016, 02:18:50 pm »
+1
Just respawn next round n you'll be fine  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back."

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2016, 02:27:13 pm »
+2

all lies, bronto couldnt fight his way out of a wet paper bag!

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2016, 02:33:02 pm »
all lies, bronto couldnt fight his way out of a wet paper bag!

hahaha what kind of analogy is that, had me laughing for a straight minute
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2016, 02:42:05 pm »
hahaha what kind of analogy is that, had me laughing for a straight minute

when your parents derive from opposite ends of the country, and youve lived in both the north and south.  You end up with a whole slew of really stupid analogies.  I has more.

Offline Jacko

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fffnanguard!
  • Game nicks: Jacko
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2016, 04:52:09 pm »
+1
Hah, actually happened to me for the first time a couple of weeks ago as well. Was out running and somehow managed to twist myself jumping over something, hurt like hell but ran home. Day after could hardly get on my shoe but limped to the office anyway. Worst swelling got down after 2-3 days. Some weeks later now, still a bit wobbly and hurts when I do some movement.

Figure it wasn't worth going to the hospital unless it actually became worse. At the point now where it doesn't seem to be getting any better, might go now to see if there's any permanent damage that needs fixing that time won't heal. But yeah.. Getting  old I guess. 
Monkeys!

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2016, 05:02:31 pm »
use NSFW spoilers for graphic content please
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2016, 07:48:47 pm »
+1
Are you shitting me? This is the first time ever in your life that you've sprained your ankle? Do you do absolutely ZERO physical activity up until this point? How do you get through this much of your life with only one sprained ankle? I don't understand!

To be fair, I've never had a sprained ankle either, and I've led a very active lifestyle until only recently. I often joke that I made it through life unscathed while being so clumsy due to my ninja-fast reflexes. I'm like a cat, if I trip on a root while jogging through the woods, I'll automatically do a quadruple handspring into a backflip while somersaulting just to land on my feet and keep going like nothing happened.  8-)

Nah but seriously I no doubt had a sprained ankle at some point in time. I used to hurt my ankles real bad from soccer all the time, but never did it hurt badly enough to justify a visit to the doctors. Could be the same in many peoples' cases. Also never broke any bones (unless you count bending the cartilage in your nose out of place) cuz I drank my milk as a kid, sounds like you didn't, yah pleb.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2016, 07:59:01 pm »
+1
I drank plenty of milk and took vitamins, I can't help I did manlier things than you did Jona.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2016, 08:32:15 pm »
+1
So is something only manly if you end up getting hurt by it? I no doubt participated in similar activities, only I wasn't the one walking away all battered and bruised. Not my fault you bit off more than you could chew time after time.  :twisted:

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador