• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
Ranged
« on: February 24, 2016, 10:37:49 am »
Why you buff ranged when it has been killin off this mod for ages? Makes sense like zipping up before tucking in.
I don't know enough

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Finse

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Finse, Hated
Re: Ranged
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 10:40:58 am »
+3
Here we go again, another Nerf Ranged thread

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 10:42:45 am »
+1
From what I read it's an overall nerf actually.
The changelog is kinda confusing tbf.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2016, 10:53:53 am »

Then why it buffed ingame?
I don't know enough

Offline McKli_PL

• Count
  • Renown: 294
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: South_the_grey, HeDdar_the_grey, Wazonowej_the_grey
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2016, 12:14:12 pm »
+2
coz archer class can be nerfed on forum and buffed on server its crpg they can do this! :mrgreen:

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2016, 12:27:08 pm »
Most of that screens are from 2 maps, I RQ hard last one.
(click to show/hide)

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2016, 12:36:12 pm »
+1
THAT'S NOTHING!
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
  • Renown: 976
  • Infamy: 174
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2016, 01:12:07 pm »
+1
You know what I'm particularly tired of in this community. All the lazy fucks that come to the forum to bitch, open a totally new thread for some topic that has like 5 threads already, and don't even bother to look at the patch notes and figure out what actual stats were changed in the first place. Entitled whiny bitches the lot of you.
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2016, 01:21:40 pm »
+1
missile speed
If I ever go archer tryhard build I like to use
pandora blaster arrowset, Star Wars background music and I also love to exchange arrow sound for blaster sounds from SW.

maybe some autoaim cheats for maximum bundle of sticksry.

Last update is really frustrating for me as for non shield melee character.

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2016, 01:24:33 pm »
You know what I'm particularly tired of in this community. All the lazy fucks that come to the forum to bitch, open a totally new thread for some topic that has like 5 threads already, and don't even bother to look at the patch notes and figure out what actual stats were changed in the first place. Entitled whiny bitches the lot of you.
Fuck off, Grinch. You're the super technical guy, who needs to look at stats, whereas evrybody else sees that archers are not balanced ingame. Wish you actually played the mod sometime, so you can see for yourself, but all you do is sabotage people on forums, when they clearly in favor of nerfing missile speed, which btw I know has been buffed so suck my dick, you arsepommel.
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
  • Renown: 976
  • Infamy: 174
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2016, 01:31:17 pm »
+3
Fuck off, Grinch. You're the super technical guy, who needs to look at stats, whereas evrybody else sees that archers are not balanced ingame. Wish you actually played the mod sometime, so you can see for yourself, but all you do is sabotage people on forums, when they clearly in favor of nerfing missile speed, which btw I know has been buffed so suck my dick, you arsepommel.

I played about 4 hours a day over the past week, sometimes as many as 6. A fact I'm not actually that proud of. I also see that archers need a bit of a nerf, particularly in missile speed. As you can see in a quote of mine from a few days ago.
(click to show/hide)

Furthermore, what people write on the forums does not equate to what the community actually wants, far fewer people post on the forums regularly than play the game regularly. Your opinion could represent what the majority of the community want, or it could not, you've no way of knowing.

Lastly, you're being a whiny and nonconstructive bitch. You're always a whiny bitch as a matter of fact.
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2016, 01:39:41 pm »
+2

I've been getting headshot since this patch so much it's ridiculous, before this patch getting headshot was a lot harder, virtually every time I die to an archer now it is 85% of the time, a headshot.
And most of the time that's with me zigzagging. This is by no means a nerf what so ever lol.

In fact, overall archers received a massive buff due to the killing off of most xbowers as they were massively nerfed, so now the only viable option left is Arbalest (If I'm thinking correctly, there might be one other xbow that isn't ruined) But yeah, for the most part, xbows were the largest counter to archers as most of the time archers are stationary leaving them open to being shot by xbowers, however, now it's a lot harder due to the nerfs they received. Not every buff has to be based on whether archers themselves were given it, it can also be based on whether another class was shut down, and in this case, it's true.

(Okay the below point isn't directed towards you Molly I'm just venting at this stage :D)

To finish, archery hasn't been directly buffed, however it's now 100% easier than it was before, meaning archers can dominate everything and we can't do fuck all about it because fuck everything but archers. And don't give me "WUL JUSS GIT A SHELD111!!" because that excuse is bullshit.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 01:44:25 pm by Yeldur »

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2016, 02:20:23 pm »

No. I read the patch notes and thought: doesn't sound like nerf, sounds like buff to DPS since when you miss its zero dmg so more hits is more damage... but I played for a bit and thought yeah this feels way worse, accuracy is truly ludicrous, then I read all the other forum posts about ranged and about the patch, THEN I started a new thread. But why would I explain myself to you: you are probably as bad at reading as you are at cRPG, which is very bad.
I don't know enough

Offline Úlfur

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
  • First one into Battle, last one into Hell.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ODSNG
  • Game nicks: The Sea Raider
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2016, 02:28:08 pm »
+2
Get a shield and stop being a 2H tryhard super hero.

I've got an shielder/2h alt too. works perfectly fine.
May there be Darkness where there is light.

Offline Mr_Sativa

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
  • What would you think?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templars & Ninja
  • Game nicks: Libertine_Sol, Ronin_Sennin, etc.
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2016, 05:42:28 pm »
I've been getting headshot since this patch so much it's ridiculous, before this patch getting headshot was a lot harder, virtually every time I die to an archer now it is 85% of the time, a headshot.
And most of the time that's with me zigzagging. This is by no means a nerf what so ever lol.

In fact, overall archers received a massive buff due to the killing off of most xbowers as they were massively nerfed, so now the only viable option left is Arbalest (If I'm thinking correctly, there might be one other xbow that isn't ruined) But yeah, for the most part, xbows were the largest counter to archers as most of the time archers are stationary leaving them open to being shot by xbowers, however, now it's a lot harder due to the nerfs they received. Not every buff has to be based on whether archers themselves were given it, it can also be based on whether another class was shut down, and in this case, it's true.

(Okay the below point isn't directed towards you Molly I'm just venting at this stage :D)

To finish, archery hasn't been directly buffed, however it's now 100% easier than it was before, meaning archers can dominate everything and we can't do fuck all about it because fuck everything but archers. And don't give me "WUL JUSS GIT A SHELD111!!" because that excuse is bullshit.

To be fair, my personal favorite weapon against archers and crossbowmen, have always been using a shield, and/or siege shields. Even 0-2 skill shields are very effective. Then, as well, use awareness and cover. They won't at all seem the problem they might have seemed like.

If you do this, fear no more for Ranged will fear you!

Stop crying if you don't use a shield or fight in the open, what did you expect?