Author Topic: 0.4.4.9  (Read 11222 times)

Offline matt2507

• King
  • Renown: 1013
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • It is when making anything that we become anyone.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Raylin The_Village_Idiot Mohamed_Ali
Re: 0.4.4.9
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2016, 10:45:20 am »
U fkng wot? No more Rus bow?

rip

he is still here...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

No donkeys were harmed in the making of this gif.

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2016, 10:52:26 am »
+3
R.I.P Arbalest.

Offline bagge

• King
  • Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2016, 11:36:27 am »
R.I.P Arbalest.

I think they fixed it with a hot patch.

he is still here...

Yes but now you are chasing me away :(
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2016, 12:42:38 pm »
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
|
  • Elegant Long Bow                               | old                            | new                           |

|----------------------------------------------------|--------------------------------|-------------------------------|
| name                                               | Elegant Long Bow               | Lord Longbow                  |
| gold                                               | 0                              | 12264                         |
| difficulty                                         | 6                              | 7                             |
| weight                                             | 3.8                            | 4                             |
| missile speed                                      | 43                             | !!!54!!!                            |
| accuracy                                           | 105                            | 98                            |
| speed rating                                       | 53                             | 50                            |
| thrust damage                                      | 27 cut                         | 28 cut                        |
|____________________________________________________|________________________________|_______________________________|

Do you even realize what you have done here ? Didnt test anything myself yet but as long as the missile speed multiplier from PD did not get changed this sounds like straight back to native.

In general I dont really get the point. A nerf for accuracy and a big buff for missile speed in general.

- IMO accuracy should have stayed/maybe slightly buffed for higher end bows
- Missile speed didnt need a buff at all or could be even
- slightly nerfed if it is compensated with more damage against heavy armor, which is the main problem of the class ( not including horses )

I would rather raise the personal skill requirement for a player to hit with bows consistently but in turn make the hits more rewarding, yet what I see here appears to be exactly the opposite ...

Offline Kasigi_Yabu

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norsemen
  • Game nicks: Norr_of_Nordvegr, Tiger Mountain Peasant
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2016, 02:14:52 pm »
+1
Viking Round Shield

I spawn with it and its on the floor, when I go to pick it up, it gets immediately dropped. I have 3 slots available for it and 10 shield skill so the fault isn't with me.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Mr_Sativa

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
  • What would you think?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templars & Ninja
  • Game nicks: Libertine_Sol, Ronin_Sennin, etc.
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2016, 02:23:23 pm »
Dupre, you have fucked up big time. Why is it you even have permission to perform changes? Obviously you're oblivious of the game, its mechanics and how to properly tweak them.

I will not go on a long ramble, as I am working as we speak, hell - the change log speaks for itself! For example:

Bow                                                   | old                            | new                     |
|---------------------------------------------|---------------------------|-----------------------|
| name                                                | Bow                         | Longbow             |
| difficulty                                            |                             | 2                         |
| weight                                              | 3.5                           | 3.4                      |
| speed rating                                     | 58             

Now, maybe I am the one retarded, but what the fuck were you thinking? Nothing - I know - you and you're fucking crying friends crying about "my old friendchers this and xbowers that" - stop ruining the game!

Know what you fucked up here? See that difficulty? I myself, spent a long, long time to grind 3 fucking LP's to MW a Bow for myself that I've been using ever since, DELIBERATELY because you can only have a bow and get +4 PD effect, and I always go MAX 8 PD.

Now, what do we have? A 2 PD bow - what in the hell is that? From 4, to 2? That means my MW "LONG BOW" is now totally useless, won't do squat. For what? Will you redeem my loom points and give me a new weapon, plus all the others, aside from the fact you fucked up a delicate balance even more?

You are fucking insane, and should revert all these changes before more people find out today. This game is already in a very bleak state, and it is shit like this that will make damn sure there will be no tomorrow.

Asswipe "patch".
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 02:43:47 pm by Mr_Sativa »

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2016, 03:01:33 pm »
+2
Holy crap, Arbalests were just absolutely destroyed. My... My counter to archers.. What has happened to you... DON'T LEAVE ME, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

No but really I think that nerfing xbows massively and not nerfing archers JUST as much if not more is a VERY bad decision, sorry guys, don't agree with you on this one. RIP crossbow players, archers are now 50 times more powerful than they were before.

Just for future reference, you should never nerf an items speed AND it's damage unless it is completely broken, you nerf ONE. By nerfing it's speed MASSIVELY and it's damage MASSIVELY you have literally just killed that item off completely and wasted everyone who has ever loomed its time. Not a good patch this one guys, not at all.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 03:06:31 pm by Yeldur »

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline Úlfur

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
  • First one into Battle, last one into Hell.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ODSNG
  • Game nicks: The Sea Raider
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2016, 03:34:17 pm »
Also:
http://forum.melee.org/general-discussion/(feedback)-archery-xbow-feedback-thread/?topicseen

Here's where they're compiling ongoing game balance feedback about bows and xbows, so please QQ here about how your favourite class is ruined and should do 1000 pierce damage (whatever class you are)

Go QQ about how horrible archers are to you.
May there be Darkness where there is light.

Offline Novamere

• Duke
  • Renown: 599
  • Infamy: 273
  • cRPG Player
  • Feed me your tears!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Knightmare_
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2016, 04:03:31 pm »
+1
GF archers and xbowers looks like you lose

THROWING MASTER RACE!

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2016, 04:06:46 pm »
+2
You know that buffing the missile speed was uneccessary, and is just going to turn bows into a point and click adventure, quite literally ? The arrows are going to go literally straight to the targets with 50+ missile speed lol. Don't think it was a good idea, but whatever. :p

Offline McKli_PL

• Count
  • Renown: 294
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: South_the_grey, HeDdar_the_grey, Wazonowej_the_grey
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2016, 04:46:26 pm »
faq accuracy buff missile speed more :lol: :D

Offline Danetti

• Count
  • Renown: 161
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: R.I.P Gray
  • Game nicks: I was known as Danior
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2016, 05:01:02 pm »
+4
|
  • Arbalest                                       | old                            | new                           |

|----------------------------------------------------|--------------------------------|-------------------------------|
| difficulty                                         | 18                             | 24                            |
| weight                                             | 4.5                            | 5                             |
| missile speed                                      | 60                             | 54                            |
| accuracy                                           | 95                             | 100                           |
| speed rating                                       | 78                             | 52                            |
| thrust damage                                      | 85 pierce                      | 58 pierce                     |
|____________________________________________________|________________________________|_______________________________|
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
[...]I haven't ever seen someone using macros.[...]

Offline matt2507

• King
  • Renown: 1013
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • It is when making anything that we become anyone.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Merc_Raylin The_Village_Idiot Mohamed_Ali
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2016, 05:11:52 pm »
Dupre, you have fucked up big time. Why is it you even have permission to perform changes? Obviously you're oblivious of the game, its mechanics and how to properly tweak them.

Dupre do nothing on these changes. The only one to blame here is me. I take all the responsibility for this patch.

No donkeys were harmed in the making of this gif.

Offline Úlfur

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
  • First one into Battle, last one into Hell.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ODSNG
  • Game nicks: The Sea Raider
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2016, 05:14:01 pm »
+1
Dupre do nothing on these changes. The only one to blame here is me. I take all the responsibility for this patch.

Then for the love of christ fix it, if you need help I'm more than willing to offer you advise. but this ain't the way to patch something.
May there be Darkness where there is light.

Offline Mr_Sativa

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
  • What would you think?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templars & Ninja
  • Game nicks: Libertine_Sol, Ronin_Sennin, etc.
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2016, 06:37:53 pm »

Matt2507, YOU fucked up. Big! I am blaming you!

On an even more serious note, besides the previous aspoken rash foolishness of this patch; do you need help with feedback? Do you need input?
I have tonnes of experience as an archer/xbower/1hander/thrower (mixes) - everything literally except cavalary.

If you want me, or other people to explain how and why I will do it. Just got off work so not within the nearest hour, but you gotta recognize this patch for what it is - not that great for the game nor the community.

And fix that ridiculous power draw degradation you did on the old "Bow" - taking it from 4 PD to 2PD. Even weirder still is it requires 4 PD unloomed - MW 2 PD?

Just don't try and patch without sleep please.