Poll

what to do with ranged

Billy Mays' Death Camps
40 (49.4%)
nerf harder than my raging cock with an x5
41 (50.6%)

Total Members Voted: 79

Voting closed: April 18, 2016, 07:39:53 am

Author Topic: End this ranged malaria  (Read 10886 times)

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
Re: End this ranged malaria
« Reply #105 on: February 16, 2016, 09:20:41 pm »
Not sure what you were trying to say but im assuming you are implying ranged takes little skill. I think at this point ranged takes the most effort for the least outcome. Downing cav i guess rewards plenty though, but as far as shooting infantry, you have to be so on point with your shots to keep up with even mediocre infantry players as far as score and kills go.
Yesterday we played archers a little bit and this is one of my fav results that we got

(click to show/hide)

Top 6 guys in our team were archers and they scored 12 kills while melees scored 3. Top enemy player was also an archer and way better than any of us noobs playing this. Support class gg
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Skyrim UI

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #106 on: February 16, 2016, 10:56:59 pm »
+2

You still using that? Too hard to get new material? I thought i already said that that picture is 1 round (before autobalance even?) on quite an open map, probably against a bunch of shield nonbelievers. and you have 2 clans stacked vs a bunch of scattered randoms. Give me a pic of 60+ players prime time scoreboard where ranged is dominating melee, today some actually got close. 2 crossbowmen were like 2 & 3 in the end, but cav and melee were at the same amount of kills or more. Thats 2 crossbowmen just about keeping up with what 6-10 infantry does with ease.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 16, 2016, 11:39:20 pm »
+1
You still using that? Too hard to get new material? I thought i already said that that picture is 1 round (before autobalance even?) on quite an open map, probably against a bunch of shield nonbelievers. and you have 2 clans stacked vs a bunch of scattered randoms. Give me a pic of 60+ players prime time scoreboard where ranged is dominating melee, today some actually got close. 2 crossbowmen were like 2 & 3 in the end, but cav and melee were at the same amount of kills or more. Thats 2 crossbowmen just about keeping up with what 6-10 infantry does with ease.
Why would I take more screenshots? I have one me being an archer scoring 149 points while the next guy in my team had 80, but there were like <40 players and I have scottish sword in a pic so you wouldn't even call me an archer. I only archer when I want to piss people off, like today when you tried to kill me, I pushed you away, came back for my bow and shot you. Or later the same map when I shot you in the back and you got finished off by melee and you even then you kept typing that it's not ranged that killed you but a melee. Here, have some screenshots of archers destroying fun of others.
(click to show/hide)

Skyrim UI

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #108 on: February 17, 2016, 12:22:38 am »
(click to show/hide)

So the 149 score screenshot you dont want to post based on what youre assuming i would believe (sounds fishy to me). Then you post about me getting shot and then dying, as if thats evidence of archery being op, it indirectly killed me once, as the only infantry left on the map surrounded by multiple others (or whatever the situation was, i want it to sound dramatic so just go with it) yeah im convinced, hit the big red destroy button, an archer managed to make someone die. And then the picture of the archer squad, proving nothing but a bunch of (friends) having fun as a different class in a video game, but apparently this one was more worthy of posting than the 149 points one that couldve actually added something that would actually add to the conversation.

Whats your website K/Ds as ranged in general? I wish there was some statistics on this.  K/D of course doesnt count for everything, but it is a good base. Personally when i played archer, i would barely hit 2kd, with the main bulk of kills being with my melee weapon. My winrate probably took a big dip aswell, unfortunately thats not displayed anywhere either. Good archers like Nebun (of the top of my head, he and another good archer actually did impact the game noticeably today) probably hits 2,5 or so, for a good archer that shouldnt be strange or nerf worthy.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 17, 2016, 12:30:08 am »
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Skyrim UI

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 17, 2016, 12:36:13 am »
(click to show/hide)

Okay, nice, is this recent? xp bar is gone for some reason.. Score is impressive, i assume a lot of horses died. As far as the kills go im looking at the enemy infantry, and theyre keeping up and out doing you. Impressive archer score i guess, but definitely nothing nerf worthy. Double the kills and it wouldve been bordering in on the very strong/op scale. But 10 kills, i dunno, just seems like the average good player score.

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 17, 2016, 12:44:19 am »
Okay, nice, is this recent? xp bar is gone for some reason.. Score is impressive, i assume a lot of horses died. As far as the kills go im looking at the enemy infantry, and theyre keeping up and out doing you. Impressive archer score i guess, but definitely nothing nerf worthy. Double the kills and it wouldve been bordering in on the very strong/op scale. But 10 kills, i dunno, just seems like the average good player score.
Just a reminder that score is based on damage dealt, especially on archers because they don't benefit from proximity points nearly as much as melees. Low kills mean that I damage a lot of guys but rarely doing the killing blow just because I can offend many targets as a ranged. This is my stf

Skyrim UI

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 17, 2016, 12:56:42 am »
Just a reminder that score is based on damage dealt, especially on archers because they don't benefit from proximity points nearly as much as melees. Low kills mean that I damage a lot of guys but rarely doing the killing blow just because I can offend many targets as a ranged. This is my stf

Thats why i mentioned you probably downed a lot of horses, if not then that a lot of hits.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #113 on: February 17, 2016, 04:06:54 am »
+3 tatars or barbed arrows turn horses into point piñatas. With bodkins you are a greater credit to your team firing at any enemy that doesn't have a shield.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline bagge

• King
  • Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
« Reply #114 on: February 17, 2016, 10:18:11 am »
+5
Omg archer topping the scoreboard one map calls for an instant NURF!!!

I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.