Poll

what to do with ranged

Billy Mays' Death Camps
40 (49.4%)
nerf harder than my raging cock with an x5
41 (50.6%)

Total Members Voted: 79

Voting closed: April 18, 2016, 07:39:53 am

Author Topic: End this ranged malaria  (Read 10937 times)

Offline McKli_PL

• Count
  • Renown: 294
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: South_the_grey, HeDdar_the_grey, Wazonowej_the_grey
Re: End this ranged malaria
« Reply #90 on: February 12, 2016, 03:31:14 pm »
You're right, i was never good. I was just one of the best Forum warriors meanwhile in game on server :wink: :lol:
:mrgreen: 8-)

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 12, 2016, 09:24:10 pm »
+4
I swear to God.

I've been away from this game for a year. I come back to my nerfed-to-shit thrower that I wasted 3 loompoints on, and the first thing I read on here is a thread demanding further ranged nerfs.

Instead of bitching like a little bitch about nerfing classes you're bad against, why not be a man and try to adapt your gameplay to the reality of the current meta.

You probably have helicopter parents.

Yours in mutual enmity til the end of time,
Vengt
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline jtobiasm

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Tobi
« Reply #92 on: February 12, 2016, 11:38:46 pm »
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You were average at best

My tourney results prove im not, simple.

Make another Tourney 5v5 or 8v8, I can guarantee i will be in the final. Like every tourney I've been in.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 11:43:36 pm by jtobiasm »

Offline Mr_Sativa

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
  • What would you think?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templars & Ninja
  • Game nicks: Libertine_Sol, Ronin_Sennin, etc.
« Reply #93 on: February 13, 2016, 11:38:18 am »
+1
You have to use your surroundings, awareness, move your shield around and move around your teammates. If you play a bit more focused, you will survive with a 0 skill shield. Especially with some teamwork.

This is one of few times, an archer can actually have some melee prowess and still not be totally worthless as an archer as well.

Stop this WHINING CANCER. That's what's killing anything. Your relentless negative pessimism.

Have a great day!

Offline Mr_Sativa

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • What would you think?
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 13, 2016, 11:39:10 am »
Otherwise, how hard would if be for you to sacrifice 1-3 points into shield? Take from your IF, your stats, or anything else. That's what EVERYONE else is doing. It is fair.

Offline Mr_Sativa

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • What would you think?
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 13, 2016, 12:03:06 pm »
+1
Never asked for ranged nerfs, I asked for something to deal with them, because currently, we can't.

Archers are strong without numbers and are broken beyond all hope WITH numbers, there are TOO MANY ARCHERS, there needs to be some kind of limit to how many archers you can have or something to stop the constant archer spam. Notice how a large majority of EU1 have also shoved crossbows into their builds. Want to know why? It's because they CAN'T deal with the ridiculous damage archers do, it's either hide away and shoot at the archers or die, because even with a shield, two archers together only have to run away in two different directions and then they can kill you in two shots because it's fucking easy to do.

Archers currently only have to go a pure STR build and voila, they now have the power to do more damage than a crossbow build with a +3 arbalest with +3 bolts. Is that right? No. It isn't.
Archers ARE killing this server purely on the basis that they are so much stronger than everything melee, and even playing a tanky build isn't an option because then they'll just run away and shoot you full of arrows. The size of their quiver is irrelevant, they can take out as many people as they like with the size it is now lol.

Don't know if you got dropped a lot as a kid on the ground, head first. This is some serious bullshit.

Your hypothetical talk is staggeringly shallow; if there are two archers, where is your ally? It's not a game where the teams start off 5v1 or 10v2 or like that. It's even numbers, as close as it can get. If you end up facing two archers, all alone, and you still attack them and die - that's your fucking fault. Learn to LEARN, get smart. Start playing and stop crying. Fucking baby.

You obviously don't know jack shit about the quiver sizes, normal builds for an acher today, dmg-comparison between an arbalest and my barbed arrows... What weedy little sap.

Have a good day!

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #96 on: February 13, 2016, 12:13:39 pm »
+1
JUst go 9/33+ Shieldwhore, voila, archer problem is gone. Crossbowmy old friends on the other hand are a totally different story since they don't really have to sacrifice anything to be good ranged and can still easily defend themselves in melee. Arbalesters are the shit pain on EU1 theese days IMO.
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
« Reply #97 on: February 13, 2016, 05:21:51 pm »
Not true at all  :rolleyes: I think most popular 2h/pole are 24/21 and 21/24. 27 agi and more it's lightspeed. As I'm 21/21 cav in heavy armor I rarely feel outspammed by pure melee builds.
you don't carry 2 quivers and a ranged weapon
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #98 on: February 15, 2016, 06:57:37 pm »
+2
Hands of Throwers... most suffering 'class' in crpg history. We never got any love!

It's inaccurate, we need to spec into melee and throwing equally and the only really deadly weapon are the lances with low ammo.
Don't you dare complain about throwers!  :evil:

Throwing should never have been "balanced" around pure throwers.  It should be balanced for every melee person to be able to bring some throwing weapons into the battle.   A hit from a throwing weapon should be equivalent damage (or less) than a typical hit from a melee weapon.  And it shouldn't be possible to carry 12 throwing spears at one time, that is ridiculous.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #99 on: February 15, 2016, 07:00:37 pm »
Throwing should never have been "balanced" around pure throwers.  It should be balanced for every melee person to be able to bring some throwing weapons into the battle.   A hit from a throwing weapon should be equivalent damage (or less) than a typical hit from a melee weapon.

I wish this were the case. I can take a 0 PT 0 requirement throwing lance to my bare head with 0 IF and live (most of the time).

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #100 on: February 15, 2016, 07:40:46 pm »
+8
Why would you call someone bad player since you haven't played the game for over 1 year? Thats really arrogant. :mad:

truly, the worst player is the one that does not play.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Úlfur

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
  • First one into Battle, last one into Hell.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ODSNG
  • Game nicks: The Sea Raider
« Reply #101 on: February 16, 2016, 11:44:33 am »
+1
All your prayers have been heard with the new Viking shield.
Let's complain about cav my old friends or agiwhores instead. huehuehue
May there be Darkness where there is light.

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 16, 2016, 02:33:37 pm »
Is too many archers and crossbowmen and throwers. Please think happy friendly internet person, are you having skills? Dont be a gay.
I don't know enough

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #103 on: February 16, 2016, 03:02:12 pm »
+1
Is too many archers and crossbowmen and throwers. Please think happy friendly internet person, are you having skills? Dont be a gay.

Not sure what you were trying to say but im assuming you are implying ranged takes little skill. I think at this point ranged takes the most effort for the least outcome. Downing cav i guess rewards plenty though, but as far as shooting infantry, you have to be so on point with your shots to keep up with even mediocre infantry players as far as score and kills go.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #104 on: February 16, 2016, 03:39:21 pm »
My tourney results prove im not, simple.

Make another Tourney 5v5 or 8v8, I can guarantee i will be in the final. Like every tourney I've been in.
I will remember that.

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?