Author Topic: Warhammer 40k Eternal Crusade - now in early access  (Read 1582 times)

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
Warhammer 40k Eternal Crusade - now in early access
« on: January 27, 2016, 10:22:42 pm »
Just for 39.99  :rolleyes:
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
Re: Warhammer 40k Eternal Crusade - now in early access
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 11:06:37 pm »
Got this months back through their own founders packs, I honestly played for a total of about 6 hours, 1 hour at a time and didn't play it again, I keep track of things on their forums but that's about it.

It's not a bad game or anything, there is just very little content, only Space Marines and Chaos, both of which aren't even fully finished yet, still Eldar and Ork to be added which looking at the pace I've noticed that could be anywhere from a few months to a year lol. So yeah, two unfinished teams, you can choose a few different weapons for each kit right now, but the massive customization isn't anywhere near ready to be implemented from what I've seen. I think they released a new map a while ago, so that makes TWO whole maps to play on now, so yeah, for a third person shooter you can see that it will get really boring for most people pretty quickly.

It does have a lot of potential though, I did have fun playing it and I can see it being a very popular game, at a much later date that is. I would say, keep away for now.

Offline Golem

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 10:11:43 am »
I would say, keep away for now.
Well, I rushed into it already and don't regret it. Even, if they left everything as is and only optimized it, it will still be a fun arcade to come to when you're bored of try harding in Melee.
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Gatsby

• Knight
  • Renown: 69
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Goffredo; Montfort
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 11:56:26 am »
Is it something like an open world Ps2 like, or arenas only?

Offline Golem

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 12:04:36 pm »
Is it something like an open world Ps2 like, or arenas only?
Right now, it's an arena with a few tanks and objectives, but it's supposed to be akin to Planetside when it gets finished.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2016, 12:30:02 pm »
Right now, it's an arena with a few tanks and objectives, but it's supposed to be akin to Planetside when it gets finished.
and that equates to $4o?
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2016, 01:10:57 pm »
Yeah been following since announcement but I won't but until after release as early access is dumb and there is a good chance that it will never be feature complete.

I'm more interested in Battlefleet: Gothic for providing me with my next 40k hit.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 03:55:53 pm by Casimir »
Turtles

Offline Golem

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2016, 01:13:18 pm »
and that equates to $4o?
Yes?  :lol:
EDIT: There is a pretty good melee combat system fyi

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2016, 02:07:09 pm »
Google'd a little... looked crap tbh  :?
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2016, 02:10:23 pm »
the orks are going to be the f2p race right?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Golem

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2016, 02:34:55 pm »
the orks are going to be the f2p race right?

Q: What business model will the game use?
A: Eternal Crusade will be available in retail, for digital purchase, and a free-to-play option we call “Free-to-Waaagh!”. By purchasing a copy of the game, you will have access to it forever with no need for a subscription. There will be post-launch expansions as well as a cash shop for aesthetic customizations and side-grades.

You can play Free-to-Waaagh only as an Ork Character. In contrast to the premium Ork progression, some options will be locked, but you’ll be able to go anywhere and fight for the Waaagh! If you like it, but don’t want to pay the full price, you can unlock some of the missing options with micro-transactions.

Some things about the combat system
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 02:46:14 pm by Golem »

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2016, 03:55:25 pm »
Wait until its at least out of early access, you shouldn't be rewarding devs for charging 40 quid for a bunch of promises and a proof of concept. Its utter nonsense and only encourages them to carry on releasing unfinished games when you have no idea what the quality of the finished product will actually be, people seem to be so impatient its ridiculous.
Turtles

Offline Gatsby

• Knight
  • Renown: 69
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Goffredo; Montfort
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2016, 04:01:02 pm »
Thx, well i suppose i wait until final version

Offline Voncrow

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • No honour in retreat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereign Kingdom of Thirdarrel
  • Game nicks: Voncrow, Bane, Velcrow
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2016, 04:21:14 pm »
Wait until its at least out of early access, you shouldn't be rewarding devs for charging 40 quid for a bunch of promises and a proof of concept. Its utter nonsense and only encourages them to carry on releasing unfinished games when you have no idea what the quality of the finished product will actually be, people seem to be so impatient its ridiculous.

You should tell that to the many people who dropped 40+ dollars way before they could even play the game. My friend drop 80$ just so he could get in the alpha testing group. This game was practically kickstarted, but they decided to do steam early access to get more exposure. Seems like a reasonable move to me, never can get enough users or exposure.

That said, anyone wondering if it's worth the 40 dollars, definetely not now, maybe when they start expanding the game more, but like Golem said it's just going to be planetside 2. So I'd hold on to your money for now, the only reason it's worth is that it's a 40k game, and all 40k games are suppose to cost a lot anyway cus gamesworkshop.
'The only people who might be put off M:BG by the current state of cRPG would be cRPG players, and we don't want that kind of scum in M:BG anyway.' - Heskey

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2016, 08:24:01 pm »
The game will not be like Planetside 2 at release, they put the plan for the open world part on hold and said it is something they will try to work on if possible post release, but realistically I cannot see it happening, you have to remember that Planetside 2's engine was specifically designed for MMO's from the ground up, while it may be possible for it to work on UE4, the game hasn't been coded from the beginning to do so, so I am not getting my hopes up. I don't think the game will be bad, apparently the goal is to have a huge campaign style gameplay, where the different Armies fight over territories in large matches, which can work without the open world aspect ( I am assuming 50v50 or something because I can't honestly see them optimizing it well enough for most people to run lol ).

They scrapped the FREEE 2 WAAAAGH part for now, though they said there may be a form of free to play post release also.

All this info is around their forums if you need sources.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 08:34:37 pm by Leesin »