• Noble
  • Renown: 24
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: armor
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2016, 09:38:42 pm »
+3
I''ll try to use ligther gear then, yes. and i will probably just go full crossbow. It is not fun being wrecked in two shots by everyone, and they just cleave through you like you're nothing -.-

but i heard 18strength 24 agility is a good build for crossbowmen (Awesomehail said that 15 stength and 27 agility would be viable too with heavy crossbow) but I guess i just need to figure out what to do.
Are there many dutch people here by the way? Coincidentally AwesomeHail was dutch too, and its somewhat easier in my own language.

thanks for all the tips!

Offline Atero

• Noble
  • Renown: 24
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2016, 09:41:58 pm »
+2
what are these lances? i can pick them up and throw them away? i dont need a skill for it?

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2016, 09:47:04 pm »
+1
Correct they are 0 difficulty throwing lances. Not the most accurate with 0 throwing skill but a fun and occasionally useful item to carry into battle for someone who would otherwise have no ranged weapon. Also useful  for rearing horses if you are not a polearm.

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2016, 02:38:22 pm »
+2
this is JUST under wpf penalty weight for 0 iron flesh
set is loomed, so take into account that glove weight is 0.2 instead of the regular 0.5
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

(click to show/hide)
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2016, 06:40:02 pm »
+2
As a ranged character, you're going to have less hit points on average than infantry characters. The more detailed links to armor penalty equation for ranged were already posted, but it's not the end of the world if you have a small penalty due to armor weight.

Generally body armor with weight 10-12 is as high as I prefer to go with my crossbow user. Light hand and leg armor, pick a helm that you like the look of (but try not to go for the heaviest possible ones). This won't save you from infantry guys with a fuckoff-huge 2 handed sword, but you can soak a few hits from enemy ranged or 1 handed weapons.

Even in medium armor like your blue tunic and mail, you will be faster than most infantry once you raise your agility to 24 or higher and max out athletics skill. If you wear really light weight armor you can zip all around the map to get the best shooting spots and run from anyone but cavalry. But you'll die in one hit from pretty much anything.

The regular crossbow is great for a hybrid build if you're going to use a good 1H weapon and a shield. If you use the heavy crossbow or arbalest consider using very light melee weapons and no shield if you're comfortable blocking manually. You will feel the armor penalty more heavily if you're using the top-end crossbows as well.

Find out which playstyle suits you best! You might prefer the hybrid jack of all trades, or the slow and steady sniper, or the annoying marathon runner peasant that can pick and choose what fights he gets into.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2016, 07:05:58 pm »
Most helpful witch this year of our lord chadz 2016

Offline DKNhz

• Count
  • Renown: 285
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Ilithyia_von_Krems, Frieda_von_Krems, Freya_von_Krems, Frauke_von_Krems
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2016, 10:59:18 pm »
Just join Krems, we can support you with gold and loomz as long as you need and when you are familiar with gameplay mechanics and shit, you can just leave to create your own destiny. Krems is love

QGT
Krems is love. Krems is life.