Author Topic: Religion of peace shooting in California  (Read 7302 times)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Sir_Hans

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Beached_Dolphin, Sir_Hans
Re: Religion of peace shooting in California
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 12:08:22 am »
Damn,
Out of all the places to murder people why go after a support center for people with developmental disabilities???

I hope cops find and kill the suspects soon. Criminals of this magnitude don't deserve trials and the taxpayers shouldn't have to worry about a cent of their money going towards a trial and incarceration.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 12:13:19 am by Sir_Hans »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2015, 06:41:48 am »
+7
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2015, 08:09:13 am »
+1
You almost seem proud that there is another Islam-connected incident, Xant.

Also quite hilarious that your alarms go off because there is some Islamic connection/background (to what extend is to be seen) but you still are persuaded that there is no problem with a whole population being armed and having easy access to firearms. http://www.vox.com/2015/8/24/9183525/gun-violence-statistics

Interesting case though, because they seem to have targeted a specific person. Maybe a personal vendetta? Seems not to be anybody of political or other high importance.

Criminals of this magnitude don't deserve trials and the taxpayers shouldn't have to worry about a cent of their money going towards a trial and incarceration.

Give up on jurisdiction, great idea. You don't seriously mean that, do you?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 08:32:39 am by The_Bloody_Nine »

Offline Sir_Hans

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2015, 08:44:52 am »
Give up on jurisdiction, great idea. You don't seriously mean that, do you?

In cases like this, I completely mean that.
Why waste so much money doing a trial only to put them in a prison and provide them with shelter, warmth, food, health care, etc... etc...

Our court system doesn't know how to deal with criminals of this magnitude, they should just have their lives ended and as an added bonus we should demolish any mosques these suspects frequented.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2015, 08:49:02 am »
+10
Logically, Hans should at least be happy that a center for disabled people was attacked and not something else. These people cost a lot of money.

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2015, 08:52:09 am »
Why waste so much money doing a trial only to put them in a prison and provide them with shelter, warmth, food, health care, etc... etc...

Our court system doesn't know how to deal with criminals of this magnitude, they should just have their lives ended and as an added bonus we should demolish any mosques these suspects frequented.

sigh, you seriously are that dump? Then who decides what is 'this magnitude'?

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2015, 09:02:15 am »
+2
Criminals deserve due process of the law. The minute we allow the government the power to just kill whoever they believe to be a big enough criminal on a whim is the day we the citizens will lose any power we have left. Also I like how if they were white with any connection at all to Christianity they'd be labeled as white supremacist christian gorilla warriors.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2015, 09:15:16 am »
You almost seem proud that there is another Islam-connected incident, Xant.

Also quite hilarious that your alarms go off because there is some Islamic connection/background (to what extend is to be seen) but you still are persuaded that there is no problem with a whole population being armed and having easy access to firearms. http://www.vox.com/2015/8/24/9183525/gun-violence-statistics
Of course not, the population being armed gives said population a chance to fight back. California has strict gun control. Gun control doesn't work to stop attacks like this. See Paris.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2015, 09:37:04 am »
No Heskey, I made this thread with this title before there was even a whisper of a name... funny how I was right once again, must be like a sixth sense.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2015, 09:39:41 am »
  This seems similar to the Paris attacks where the brother of the killer comes on TV and apologizes, flanked by a mob of lawyers and activists from the American Islamic Relations Council. I'm torn here because he expressed his sympathy to the victims, but on the other hand he came forth as a Muslim first, with a group that represents Muslims. I think it was a little too early for that considering the FBI hasn't released any details about the motives yet.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 10:04:06 am by Grytviken »

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2015, 09:43:11 am »
+4

Who decides that a case is a "case like this"? Everyone deserves a fair trial. That is one pillar of the modern western society - at least in theory. Giving this up brings us one step closer to the Chinese, Russians, Turks and all those Near East muppets.

Offline Sir_Hans

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2015, 09:53:17 am »
Logically, Hans should at least be happy that a center for disabled people was attacked and not something else. These people cost a lot of money.
The disabled people that benefit from that center don't arm themselves with automatic weapons and go on shooting sprees killing a large number of people and then place explosives around a complex to try to further harm anyone unlucky enough to set the explosives off. Just a little bit different. I can see how you would get confused about that though.
Not wanting hundreds of thousands of dollars spent on two mass murderers is pretty much the same as being against any/all social services and wishing death upon anyone who would benefit on social services... Right?

That comment was made well before the names (or ethnicity) of these suspects was released. My opinion goes for everyone who picks up a gun and goes on a killing spree regardless of beliefs or skin color... But also quite hilarious that your alarms go off and you would assume I'm a racist because of my alternative opinions on justice.

As for gun control: If we are going to take away firearms from everyone in the country because 0.01% of gun owners go out and kill someone with their gun... Then we should also take cars away from everyone because a small fraction of drivers drive recklessly and end up killing people on the road with their vehicle due to their reckless driving.
Also I think gun ownership should be a right that is protected, but I don't think it should be a free for all where anyone can buy a gun with no background checks... Background checks should be a requirement on all firearm sales and responsibly storing a firearm should also be a requirement. The people who left their loaded firearm under a couch cushion only to have a 6 year old pick it up and shoot herself dead recently should most definitely be charged with a crime, get prison time and lose their rights to own firearms. Gun control isn't really a simple yes/no solution.
Let's not pretend that these murderers would have not been able to kill people if we had gun laws like Mexico. They had explosives as well.

Who decides that a case is a "case like this"? Everyone deserves a fair trial. That is one pillar of the modern western society - at least in theory. Giving this up brings us one step closer to the Chinese, Russians, Turks and all those Near East muppets.
Obviously the person who decides it is the law enforcement officers in the shootout with these murderers.
I'm pretty sure they have courts of law in China and Russia etc... Are you assuming our courts are perfect examples of justice and their courts are invalid?

Sure everyone deserves a fair trial, I can agree to that. But only on the condition that the punishment for those found guilty is fair to the victims and the families of the victims.
I don't think having a criminal who's killed 10+ people sit around in prison w/ better living conditions than your average citizen of a 3rd world country who's never killed someone in their life is anything close to justice.
U.S. Court system is flawed and doesn't know how to dole out punishment appropriate for crimes of this magnitude. I would always prefer to see a mass murderer killed whether by their own hands or another's than to see them go through the court system only to be able to give their cause a voice and spread their philosophy and then end up with shelter, clothes, bed, health care, and 3 meals a day provided by taxpayers.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 10:30:04 am by Sir_Hans »

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2015, 10:39:16 am »
Impressive, considering attacks identical to this happen all the time in the US and this is somehow different cos the guy was a Muslim.

So tell us, how does this shooting differ from any of the others that happen in the US and are considered 'unpreventable'? (other than the fact this guy didn't target a school full of children the way a white atheist would, EVIL muslims!)

I fully understand the backlash the religion will receive, but what better way to keep that stigma alive then having the killer's brother go on live TV for a press conference with an entourage of Islamic rights activists. As a practicing Scientologist if I was ever unfortunately in the same position as the brother here i'd feel ridiculous bringing the whole operating level 3 Thetan Sea Organization along for a press conference about a tragedy like this.

Offline Sir_Hans

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2015, 10:57:58 am »
+1
Wait... hold the fuck up... just one single god damn minute!...

You are a practicing scientologist?