Author Topic: France under attack....  (Read 42492 times)

Offline cup457

• Earl
  • Renown: 490
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RavenR_cup457
  • IRC nick: cup457
Re: France under attack....
« Reply #390 on: November 18, 2015, 05:41:42 pm »
+1
http://teacher.scholastic.com/scholasticnews/indepth/upfront/features/index.asp?article=f091806_TP_Iran

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruhollah_Khomeini
lmao we were the reason he lost his country and our magazines give him man of the year, and then when he takes back power he takes americans captive and starts murdering people in the streets and throw human wave attacks at Iraqi tanks
CUP CLAN BEST CLAN
Okay, I need your protection, your love. :P

Offline ecorcheur_brokar

• Earl
  • Renown: 482
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • The guy who kill with one blow
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Brokar/SuisseMonCervela/CheeseInMyPants
« Reply #391 on: November 18, 2015, 05:45:43 pm »
Because christianity's reform came from within the cultures that housed it, it was not imposed from outside. Muslims in the west are more "peaceful"? Really, that's what you're going with? Muslims in the west aren't becoming increasingly radicalized as their proportion of the population grows? Did you miss the past decade of history? Even if that was true (it isn't), if you hadn't noticed the vast majority of the muslim population in the world is not in the west. Muslims living here becoming slightly more accepting of western mores will not do shit to reform islam. The rest of the muslim world is in a vastly different course, and it is dragging the muslims of the west with it.
And the reform of christianity was not a peaceful, gradual process, it was triggered by massive suffering and civil wars. You may think it's selfish, but I have no idea why the west is somehow responsable for Islam's reform. Their religion has absolutely nothing to do with our cultures, in fact throughout history has ALWAYS been antagonistic to it.
It was not triggered by massive suffering and civil wars, the civil wars were caused due to the dissociation of the population believes than went more progressist opposing to the still conservativ religious power in place in Europe. Now that in Europe, the gouvernement are secular, there won't be this issue.

You can see in polls done on mulsims that the stance of western mulsims are more conservative than the stance of the population they live in but they are also more progressiv that their counterpart living in middle east. They are in-between. Concerning your proportion point, Balkan muslims are a majority in their country, they are still way more progressiv than the one living in Asia or middle-east.

Now ofc the muslims in the middle-east are not willing to reform their believes, so let's just let them realize by themselves that living according to sharia is shit. When we will stop interviene, they will only be able to realise than no one else is to blame for the shit they live in but themselves. I'm pretty sure that if the brotherhood in Egypt hadn't been overthrown by the army, they wouldn't have been reelected in the next election. Just as we can see a downfall of the islamist party in Tunisia.

The West is not responsible for islam reform on its soil but it has no choice, if we don't expulse muslims with european nationality or worse. The only way to have a cohesive society is to reform the believes of those who can't live peacefully in it because of their believes.

I want the Islam in Europe to be reformed for selfish reason, only because it is the easiest way to deal with the problem it is causing. It is easier (and more moral obviously) to reform than to kill, expulse or ban Islam in Europe. Islam already exists in Europe, this is a fact you have to face.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 06:07:41 pm by ecorcheur_brokar »
"With great bardiche comes great responsability"
"The wolf doesn't care how many sheeps may be"

Offline ecorcheur_brokar

• Earl
  • Renown: 482
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • The guy who kill with one blow
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Brokar/SuisseMonCervela/CheeseInMyPants
« Reply #392 on: November 18, 2015, 05:49:18 pm »
http://teacher.scholastic.com/scholasticnews/indepth/upfront/features/index.asp?article=f091806_TP_Iran

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruhollah_Khomeini
Khomeini didn't reform the islam in Iran, he was democratically elected there because he was expressing the views of the people there. France was right to protect him for the autoritarian regime in Iran, as his only culpability at that time was his political opposition.
"With great bardiche comes great responsability"
"The wolf doesn't care how many sheeps may be"

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: November 18, 2015, 06:12:15 pm »
« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 05:20:38 pm by SirCymro_Crusader »

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #394 on: November 18, 2015, 07:01:11 pm »
+2
Tbh I've been overwhelmingly surprised by how un-shitty the responses have been that I've seen on FB and from my fellow countrymen on this forum. Sure the usual people on cRPG.net are in their usual angry state, but a differing opinion about class balance is enough to set them off so that's no great achievement.

But it's good to have different views and discuss with people who are of different opinion. This forum is not a 140 character limit hivemind circle jerk arena like some other places.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #395 on: November 18, 2015, 07:11:51 pm »
I was going to post some lengthy response after staying away from this thread for a while, however I can sum up this thread (and some of the opinions/thoughts) in here in two simple words.

Uneducated Bigots - I'm sure now however I will receive some lengthy tirade, fueled by the incessant insults and hatred that seems to dominate some posts
I feel offended by your post.

I r disappoint
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: November 18, 2015, 07:19:26 pm »
« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 05:20:30 pm by SirCymro_Crusader »

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #397 on: November 18, 2015, 07:23:04 pm »
+1
I was going to post some lengthy response after staying away from this thread for a while, however I can sum up this thread (and some of the opinions/thoughts) in here in two simple words.

Uneducated Bigots - I'm sure now however I will receive some lengthy tirade, fueled by the incessant insults and hatred that seems to dominate some posts

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: November 18, 2015, 07:35:50 pm »
+1
Love me forever haha

Molly, feeling on the interwebs? pfft

Watch that Charlie Chaplin Dictator speech I posted. If you don't get the feels you're a cynical cunt m8 :lol:

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: November 18, 2015, 07:39:30 pm »
+1
« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 05:20:08 pm by SirCymro_Crusader »

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: November 18, 2015, 07:49:52 pm »
Oh i've seen it countless times haha, same with the 'America's not so great anymore' - some feels but then I have to be cynical, especially regarding my studies because theres so much bias and blah blah blah. My dissertation is on the refugee crisis so these thread(s) have been eye-opening into varying 'public' opinion.

Just remember to add troll variable in there with healthy amount of skepticism.

I know that speech is essentially just a row of beautiful words after another, a fantasy. Parts of it is timeless and still hit hard tho.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: November 18, 2015, 08:34:48 pm »
+4
Should be in this thread too:

But nah... nothing to do with Islam. Just a few radical terrorists with no support from the rest of the Muslims.  :rolleyes:
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #402 on: November 18, 2015, 08:35:50 pm »
+2
Finally we may rejoice, the Hero still lives:

(click to show/hide)
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline BASNAK

• King
  • Renown: 1349
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MolonLave_Garlic
« Reply #403 on: November 18, 2015, 08:54:54 pm »
+3
I agree with some points here, even though its very hard to see real opinions through all the sarcasm.

Where I dont get it is you seem to blame the buffet-religious as much as the ones going by the book. The cherry-pickers didnt wait for Islam to reform itself from all the over-the-top agressive expansionism surats, isnt that good?

Of course secularism and cherry picking in religions is preferable to people following violent parts of their faith. But the thing I don't understand is how people can still believe in a religion they have to cherry pick and say "but its metaphorical" and "God works in mysterious ways". I prefer argumenting religion with fundementalists because it is clear what they follow and they truely believe in their religion. People that cherry pick their religions on the other hand just make up shit as time goes and are slippery as fuck and will twist and interpret their holy scriptures in anyway just to make excuses to believe in their religion.

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
« Reply #404 on: November 18, 2015, 09:00:08 pm »
+1
There's a simple explanation that takes history into account. The Renaissance and the Reformation never hit the Islamic world and never influenced their political states, most Islamic countries have been consistently authoritarian states for 100's or 1000's of years. The Turks continue to be the only secular Muslim majority state because they had closer ties to Europe, and of course their conquest states, Bosnia and Kosovo.