Author Topic: Make Cav require skill again...  (Read 4371 times)

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
Re: Make Cav require skill again...
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2015, 05:54:31 pm »
+1
I feel like am playing a totally different game, I'm a bit confused because most of what you guys said here is completely the opposite of what I've experienced playing as a lancer.

1) Heavy lance is great and does a nice damage, but most importantly, makes you able to 1 vs 1 against most infantry players. If you need 5 hits to kill an archer with it, you're clearly doing something wrong.

2) I had absolutely no problem hitting another cav player I chased down, as long as I didn't fuck up my thrust, same as when stabbing someone at close distance on foot. If you can get close enough behind another cav, hitting him with a lance isn't hard at all.

3) If old lance angle were back, not only it would be OP against infantry, but also completely ruin the balance in cav 1vs1 fights between lancers and 1h/2h.

Couching might be a bit too rewarding for the risk it takes, but I almost never used it as a lancer, because using normal hits was actually easier to aim. As an infantry player, I don't find it too strong as long as I'm aware of the incoming cav. And if I'm not, I'm fucked up anyway.

OP is from NA, the metagame for classes is completely different there. There are very few lancer cav as far as I can tell, at least compared to EU, and most are using couch only great lances.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • Renown: 546
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eques :3
  • Game nicks: Eques_Black_Bird, Black_Bird_I-X
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2015, 06:12:21 pm »
I feel like am playing a totally different game, I'm a bit confused because most of what you guys said here is completely the opposite of what I've experienced playing as a lancer.

1) Heavy lance is great and does a nice damage, but most importantly, makes you able to 1 vs 1 against most infantry players. If you need 5 hits to kill an archer with it, you're clearly doing something wrong.

2) I had absolutely no problem hitting another cav player I chased down, as long as I didn't fuck up my thrust, same as when stabbing someone at close distance on foot. If you can get close enough behind another cav, hitting him with a lance isn't hard at all.

3) If old lance angle were back, not only it would be OP against infantry, but also completely ruin the balance in cav 1vs1 fights between lancers and 1h/2h.

Couching might be a bit too rewarding for the risk it takes, but I almost never used it as a lancer, because using normal hits was actually easier to aim. As an infantry player, I don't find it too strong as long as I'm aware of the incoming cav. And if I'm not, I'm fucked up anyway.

1. I liked the heavy lance more than the normal one in the beginning, cuz I was using a balanced build. Now I use a agi build and so the lance is even more effective for that. With the heavy lance I really need allways more than one hit -_- Atleast when I do a normal hit. AND dafuq, cav is maybe made for doing some 1 vs 1s, but for being successfull you gotta be a sneaky asshole doing kills from behind only!
2. Dang, I played cav now in WFAS, Native, Mercenaries, some other mods of warband and in cRPG, but still I fucking suck in lance duels. Dang dude I trained that shit way too long for sucking that much xD So I don't really fight other cavs when I know they are good in that kind of shit :3 Fucking use the sneaky shit and u'll be scoreleader, didn't do worse than 2,7 kd with cav the last months, but I was like really only doing that sneaky shit lol

Actually at all I think cav is the only cav which makes you really think about what u have to do now! I'm 90 % yolocharging with other classes, but as cav I go full tactic and strategy. Ordinary u gotta do some extemporization, but when u'r plan works perfectly u feel like the best :D

3. I think the recent angle is pretty fine. It is for infs and cav a risk to attack each other. Mostly it is harder for the cav to do the hit, but when the inf does a mistake good cavs can imo hit him.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 06:15:27 pm by BlackxBird »

Offline ROHYPNOL

• Earl
  • Renown: 361
  • Infamy: 127
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Poor Washing Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2015, 10:06:53 pm »

It was never OP vs infantry and only added more fun to cav vs cav battles. They have far ruined all the fun out of this game. And yes when you chase another cav and hit him in the back, you can hit him, but you are not doing any damage honestly. It make take you 15+ swings to actually kill one unless he is naked or wearing cloth then only around 5.
Quote from: Jeade
you're rough around the edges.
This is the reason people don't like you if anyone ever did.

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2015, 11:18:23 pm »
And yes when you chase another cav and hit him in the back, you can hit him, but you are not doing any damage honestly
Well then, I can only conclude you just haven't figured out yet how to do it properly, which proves that being a good cav requires at least some skill, which you haven't got yet, a good opportunity to improve.  :wink:

When you're riding after another cav at close enough distance you need to do the same exact thing you'd do to stab someone close on foot - aim your stab above your target and as the stab animation continues, direct it down.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 11:21:35 pm by Macropus »

Offline Skrubb

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • Get some
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2015, 12:12:36 am »
Yes. I believe that couching is very strong even though I suck at it. I feel like the only reason they are powerful is because server pops are low and they have lots of room to run around.

Honestly though horses are easy to deal with while on a high agi build with a semi long weapon. Every build has a weakness. It may be hard to deal with cav angles in full plate, but  plate is strong against gross ranged. Maybe I'm just bias cause I suck at cav lol

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • Renown: 546
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eques :3
  • Game nicks: Eques_Black_Bird, Black_Bird_I-X
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2015, 10:54:42 am »
actually when the server population is bigger, it is easier to play cav. Constantly some spawn kills, constantly afks standing around^^

Offline ROHYPNOL

• Earl
  • Poor Washing Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2015, 07:16:30 pm »
Well then, I can only conclude you just haven't figured out yet how to do it properly, which proves that being a good cav requires at least some skill, which you haven't got yet, a good opportunity to improve.  :wink:

When you're riding after another cav at close enough distance you need to do the same exact thing you'd do to stab someone close on foot - aim your stab above your target and as the stab animation continues, direct it down.

I was considered the best cav NA if not the best in the game, I think I know a bit more about cav skill and how it works way more than you brother.  :wink:

Maybe some balancers should start listening to some of the skilled players, that play multiple things and are consistently good at everything. That would make too much sense though and not be quite bias enough.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 07:26:30 pm by ROHYPNOL »

Offline Macropus

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2015, 01:17:49 am »
+1
I was considered the best cav NA if not the best in the game, I think I know a bit more about cav skill and how it works way more than you brother.  :wink:

Maybe some balancers should start listening to some of the skilled players, that play multiple things and are consistently good at everything. That would make too much sense though and not be quite bias enough.
And maybe some balancers are decently skilled and play multiple things too.  :)
I wasn't trying to sound like a smartass, I know you're good, and that's why I'm really confused about you having any problems with hitting another cav that you are chasing with a lance. Neither I nor any good lancer I saw playing didn't have any problems with that.

If you don't agree with my quote you underlined, what part of it exactly do you find wrong/not working?

Offline matt2507

• King
  • Renown: 1013
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • It is when making anything that we become anyone.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Raylin The_Village_Idiot Mohamed_Ali
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2015, 01:41:30 am »
+1
actually when the server population is bigger, it is easier to play cav. Constantly some spawn kills, constantly afks standing around^^

Personaly, I have better result when the population is low. Probably because I never spawnkill and defend my spawn instead  :wink:

No donkeys were harmed in the making of this gif.

Offline ROHYPNOL

• Earl
  • Poor Washing Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2015, 07:54:27 am »
And maybe some balancers are decently skilled and play multiple things too.  :)
I wasn't trying to sound like a smartass, I know you're good, and that's why I'm really confused about you having any problems with hitting another cav that you are chasing with a lance. Neither I nor any good lancer I saw playing didn't have any problems with that.

If you don't agree with my quote you underlined, what part of it exactly do you find wrong/not working?

Nothing other than that is a trollish way to stab someone on horseback. I don't have problems doing it, and I no longer cav because they took all the fun out of it, then put in these shitty couching lances that it is all scrubs can do even if they have non skill in it... im not being bias just trying to make cav fun again for some people. I believe it is broken that you can only swing straight ahead and why heavy lance is expensive it does the least amount of damage and is slow as hell...

Offline Macropus

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2015, 12:10:03 am »
And yes when you chase another cav and hit him in the back, you can hit him, but you are not doing any damage honestly. It make take you 15+ swings to actually kill one unless he is naked or wearing cloth then only around 5.
I don't have problems doing it
Eh... Maybe what's confusing you is that you think I'm talking about how to glance on a horseman you're chasing. But actually, what I mean is that you can hit with full/decent damage the way I explained above. Well, if you're no longer cav anyway, it doesn't even matter.
As for couching lances, I agree they may be easy, but making the thrust angle on horseback any wider doesn't make any sense to me, that's the worst thing about Native cavalry and I'm exceedingly glad we don't have it in cRPG.

Offline ROHYPNOL

• Earl
  • Poor Washing Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2015, 05:50:22 pm »
Eh... Maybe what's confusing you is that you think I'm talking about how to glance on a horseman you're chasing. But actually, what I mean is that you can hit with full/decent damage the way I explained above. Well, if you're no longer cav anyway, it doesn't even matter.
As for couching lances, I agree they may be easy, but making the thrust angle on horseback any wider doesn't make any sense to me, that's the worst thing about Native cavalry and I'm exceedingly glad we don't have it in cRPG.
That would be your personal preference... I know I am not cav anymore but it is not stopping me from giving suggestions for other things. Would you rather I have a bias about something that im currently playing and ask for a buff? No, im just giving a suggestion to make this game better again. The reason this game was ruined is because shitty nerfs all across the board, one of them being lance angles. Everything slowly but surely was nerfed and revised the way the game was "not" meant to be played, and what did "not" attract the population of crpg originally. Just throwing out my opinions.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 07:10:12 pm by ROHYPNOL »

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2015, 05:29:08 am »
+1
NA problem requires an NA solution.

I propose permanently banning Panther and all clones.

I believe this will solve the lion's share of the issue.

regards

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2015, 10:39:47 am »

I propose permanently banning Panther and all clones.

now im curiouse
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Gryph_Hawkshade

• Count
  • Renown: 173
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • Thanks for coming out.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre
  • Game nicks: Gryphter & Rypht
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2015, 04:32:17 pm »

He wanted crossbows nerfed because people using xbows were penetrating his doucheplate, and then they could switch to a weapon that his lil baby ego mallet couldnt crush thru.
Rohypnol is good at blocking and ganking with people in his Full Plate Mallet Crushthru.  You should listen to him, he has soooo much skill and so much positive energy to share with the community.... pfft
He was 'super' good at cav but the few times people dehorsed him he cried like a lil girl so he gave it up, so leave the poor guy alone okay... He only cares about fairplay and wants the best for everyone. *walks away Lol'in*
Man with hands in pants all day, feels....
Cocky.