Author Topic: Buff strength  (Read 1177 times)

Havelle Registered Voter

Buff strength
« on: August 20, 2015, 11:47:28 pm »
+2
The meta is stale.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Buff strength
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 12:00:41 pm »
People just have too much athletics and WPF, makes the gameplay more boring to me and the engine bugs out regularly. Oh and im posting in chamber of tears, my bad
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 12:07:59 pm »
+1
24/21 is my go-to build atm with 8 IF. But i want the days of 21 agi being an agi build back again, not 30+ agi. Gameplay is kinda bad imo, its why I don't play much anymore
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2015, 03:39:05 pm »
+2
27/18 is the build I do best on, so I don't feel like strength needs any kind of a buff, but the general problem is the unnecessarily high levels that allow extreme troll builds and really good hybridization. Cav is probably the best example where you can be as effective on foot as you are on horseback. The other is throwing, which should require you to choose either kiting, melee abilities or heavy throwing damage - not all three like currently...... Level 31 cap would be much better than the current 37-38.

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2015, 04:35:36 pm »
I selflessly request raw strength to be buffed and ironflesh to be nerfed.

It's for all those min-maxing >10PS guys out there. You know, all those guys.

(click to show/hide)

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2015, 07:56:12 pm »
Especially with plate armor now being super affordable with the increased gold gain, I feel like the str-agi balance is the closest it's been in a while. It could still use some MINOR tweaking, but nothing too drastic (like the previous wpf patch). I was until recently 18-27, and recently changed my build over to 21-27. Now I'm a straight up glass cannon who can deal pretty good speed bonus-induced damage, but die in 1-2 hits with 0IF. There are reasons why I opted for more strength over agi, despite always preferring an agi build. Ever since the increased difficulty on weapons and armor, I couldn't wear and use anything with 18 strength anymore (which is good since you can't have any agi plate heroes with a GLB). Also with the added IF buff of allowing you to use heavier armor without losing as much wpf, it is almost useless for me to wear plate anyways, which is pretty good since while it will help me take 1-2 more hits, it will also make me significantly slower (a fair trade off, and how it should be). So nowadays where we've got str builds wearing cheap plate armor and agi builds restricted to lighter stuff, the only imbalance is that agi builds make more gold due to lower upkeep. Sure, perhaps agi builds could use a little less wpf still, but nothing too major. In NA1 at least the winning team is almost always the team with more plate, so I'm guessing that this is a sign that crpg is closer than ever before to what it used to be back in the good ole days. I think a lot of the QQ nowadays about agi builds comes from the str build tryhards with boatloads of epeen who complain when they lose in a duel scenario to an agi build, simply because that is where agi builds have always excelled. The agi meta was very annoying for a long time, but I think it has mellowed out significantly since the last patch which made plate far more affordable. Once I get my weekly free respec I'm definitely going to use it to make my alt a str hero once more to see just how well it still compares.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2015, 08:09:25 pm »
Oh damn, didn't notice this was a semi-necroed post.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador