Author Topic: Stronghold Kingdoms - Global Conflict Server  (Read 1083 times)

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
Stronghold Kingdoms - Global Conflict Server
« on: October 12, 2015, 07:08:21 pm »
Well, 3 years ago I use to play a lot on World 3 but quit because my House dominated all of the british isles and it was pretty boring from there on.

This time around Stronghold Kingdoms have released a server that included the whole world. Should be pretty interesting to see how this goes, I've spawned in South America (Columbia) to be exact if anyone wants to join me. I won't be able to send any resources as the server just started 1 week ago so I'm playing catch up myself but if anyone starts playing let me know.

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
Re: Stronghold Kingdoms - Global Conflict Server
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015, 08:11:04 pm »
if that game taught me anything, its the people who throw fuck loads of money at it are all the top dogs.  Its like those shitty castle mobile games where you attack and defend your castle.

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2015, 08:35:36 pm »
Strongly disagree, sure they get a initial advantage but the only thing I ever paid for was premium last time I played.

You also get free cards over time which you can swap out for card points and buy other cards.

If you plan on being a fighter you only sit at 10 villages anyways since anymore than that the Honor scaling is insane. No offense but that opinion seems to be mostly based on inexperienced, anyone can be a huge factor in a way without having to pay. The only advantage someone has who paying is a accelerated starts but since this is a relatively new world anyone who is mad-paying is gonna be ranks ahead and them trying to attack/raze someone who isn't low will cost them millions of honor which is a waste since they need to stay on top.

Sure someone can use cards to make their stone walls stronger in a defense but so can you late game, also a good timed attack of 10~ attacks doesn't matter what cards you got you're donezo.

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2015, 09:14:09 pm »
Strongly disagree, sure they get a initial advantage but the only thing I ever paid for was premium last time I played.

You also get free cards over time which you can swap out for card points and buy other cards.

If you plan on being a fighter you only sit at 10 villages anyways since anymore than that the Honor scaling is insane. No offense but that opinion seems to be mostly based on inexperienced, anyone can be a huge factor in a way without having to pay. The only advantage someone has who paying is a accelerated starts but since this is a relatively new world anyone who is mad-paying is gonna be ranks ahead and them trying to attack/raze someone who isn't low will cost them millions of honor which is a waste since they need to stay on top.

Sure someone can use cards to make their stone walls stronger in a defense but so can you late game, also a good timed attack of 10~ attacks doesn't matter what cards you got you're donezo.

i played world 5 to victory, my name is on the hall of heroes.  Trust me, i know how it played, and anyone who wanted to buy massive amounts of troops did, and you could tell who they were.  There also wasnt any sort of thing on villages.  So im going to assume they have made a lot of changes since i played this on its release.  Which might be why we have conflicting views.  Macroing/scripting or using modded clients or whatever became a big thing too, as people could send out armies within 1 second of each other so that you couldnt repair in between attacks, essentially nullifying a defense, IE it was impossible to defend..

http://www.strongholdkingdoms.com/glory/HoH.php?worldid=104&age=1
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 09:27:05 pm by AntiBlitz »

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2015, 09:59:33 pm »
Interesting, this was not a problem for me during World 3, then again I don't think World 5 was even out when I played.

Valid complaints I guess, I've not heard of these problems yet but I imagine they did something about it otherwise they would lose a lot of population. I guess well see as time goes on.

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2015, 12:59:32 am »
No, it's not a browser game.