Author Topic: changing map  (Read 740 times)

Offline pc49_cheese

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Swagathor
changing map
« on: June 30, 2015, 07:35:39 am »
Earlier on NA 2 there were a whole bunch of people on playing on conquest, and Jona asked if we wanted to change the map to regular siege. It was my understanding that there had to be 100% agreement to change the map, and nowhere near 100% of the people on agreed to. In general Jona is a pretty good admin so I don't think he should loose admin over this, but this should not have happened, and it shouldn't happen again.
Guess what.
(click to show/hide)

Offline mcdeath

• Marshall
  • Renown: 797
  • Infamy: 349
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: changing map
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 08:34:17 am »
I feel like Jona did the right thing. Knowing he could not be kicked by a poll he set polls to kick and asked someone to poll kick him. Based on the poll he judged whether or not he should change the map. In all honesty it was a conquest map which takes hours to play and kills siege anyways.
He definitely did the right thing for the situation.
McDeath: This guy doesn't shut his lip, but he's one of the funniest players in-game.

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 09:04:43 am »
Conquest is cancer

He did the right thing. Conquest woulda been amazing with 100+ siege pop back in the day, but these days its just annoying.
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline pc49_cheese

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Swagathor
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2015, 09:06:15 am »
+2
Imo with such a large number of people, conquest is better than regular siege, and if I'm not mistaken, Jona got Teutonic Paladin banned for changing the map on DTV without everyone agreeing. The fact of the matter is that admins aren't supposed to change the map unless everyone agrees.

EDIT: for anyone who wasnt there, there were over 50 people on
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 09:10:42 am by pc49_cheese »
Guess what.
(click to show/hide)

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2015, 09:40:07 am »
Imo with such a large number of people, conquest is better than regular siege, and if I'm not mistaken, Jona got Teutonic Paladin banned for changing the map on DTV without everyone agreeing. The fact of the matter is that admins aren't supposed to change the map unless everyone agrees.

EDIT: for anyone who wasnt there, there were over 50 people on

Well, I was not there but it does not always require a full player vote. There is this one absolutely shit excuse of a battle map (idk what its called, village map with 1000000000 trees), it drops a lot of people down to shit FPS and some others can not even load the map, while others are able to play it just fine. Normally conquest is a siege killer, so maybe Jona took this into mind when changing it, because even with 50 people it can drag on a very long time and the same map for a long time can kill server population. This is just was the mindset behind the map change, but who knows. If I was there I would not have complained being relieved from terribad conquest mode.
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2015, 10:15:46 am »
Earlier on NA 2 there were a whole bunch of people on playing on conquest, and Jona asked if we wanted to change the map to regular siege. It was my understanding that there had to be 100% agreement to change the map, and nowhere near 100% of the people on agreed to. In general Jona is a pretty good admin so I don't think he should loose admin over this, but this should not have happened, and it shouldn't happen again.

There had been many complaints against playing on the conquest map due to the length of the rounds, and if defenders ended up winning the 2nd round (which they did) then some people would have to be on this map for 1.5 hours straight to see it through. I figured it minds well be put to a vote since no doubt some people had joined more recently and might not have been so worn out with the map. I asked Dupre, he agreed that a map change may be necessary, and supported the polling option. Getting 100%  (or anywhere close) is nearly impossible on polls, especially with the server population so large, since many people disregard them or simply press 2 on instinct. I do not know why you were under the impression that it had to be close to 100%, since all polls in this game assume that the backing of the majority, however slim, is enough to warrant whatever action is being taken. If it only requires 51% to kick or ban someone, then 51% to change the map is quite reasonable, as this means that at least half the server (some 25 people) were discontent. For the record, I would have been more than happy sitting on defense again to milk 30 minutes of my multi, and I voted 2 for the poll, but the majority wanted off the map, so I obliged.

By the by, I have a feedback thread for these sorts of things. This would be the 3rd or 4th thread other than my feedback thread made recently. Please post any and all feedback in an admin's thread so that it is all neatly in one place (and so that I have something to look at other than McDeath's random dank memes). You can find mine here: http://forum.melee.org/game-admin-feedback/(na)-jona/
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 10:19:32 am by Jona »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador