Author Topic: Quick Pre-Patch Map Rotation Adjustment (Community Feedback Required)  (Read 7010 times)

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
Re: Quick Pre-Patch Map Rotation Adjustment (Community Feedback Required)
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2015, 04:53:27 am »
+4
I think the tavern map should be added as well!

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • Renown: 546
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eques :3
  • Game nicks: Eques_Black_Bird, Black_Bird_I-X
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2015, 07:29:44 am »
the problem now will be eu1 will get populated really easily and cuz there many maps now for low population they will be somehow to small. And the balance is fixed now too, so there will be many more ppl than the last time <3. So maps like that tavern map shouldn't be re-added in my opinion.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2015, 10:48:02 am »
+4
can we please get a random battle scene into rotation?  werent there battle maps that were randomely generated? 

Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2015, 10:52:13 am »
+6
Please upvote or downvote the addition of this map, I guess:

Volcano Valley
(click to show/hide)

Bridge maps suck cause ranged gets a field day, but apparently NA does not mind spending their time being porcupines.

coming_home
gladiator
tuetensuppes_arena
chadz_in_the_dessert

... they are all named wrong - i mean the actual map is not fitting to the "original" name... fips fucked it up some time ago ;)

i gave all fixed (hopefully) to Nashr. ...
also pls remove "gladiator" (dunno whats the name of it right now on map rotation - its an arena with a lot of stuff inside etc) - lot of people complained about it and i really would welcome if it gets removed from rotation, still if it is my own map :)
It's not an issue with your maps. Every map has the wrong name displayed in the game. This bug has been around for a long time, it was fixed for a while but it is back. In any case, I added Gladiator for removal.

Offline Teeth

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2015, 10:53:25 am »
+3
Please upvote or downvote this map (it is currently in, upvote means you want to play it, downvote means you don't)

Templar Church
(click to show/hide)
For an indoor map it is very playable and looks pretty awesome, too bad it has the classically flawed two corridor design.

There's this one battle map, I think it's titled "Daruvian's Cage Match" or something like that. One team spawns next to a super deep valley and the other team spawns next to an ocean, it's forest with some buildings and stuff. Anyway the map is MUCH TOO LARGE which devastates frame rate and makes it UNPLAYABLE.

PLEASE remove this map.
Map names you get anywhere on the server are wrong and unfortunately I have absolutely no idea what map you are talking about.

Offline Teeth

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2015, 10:55:21 am »
+1
Please upvote or downvote this map (it is currently in, upvote means you want to play it, downvote means you don't)

Ice Age
(click to show/hide)

Plays well enough, nothing special, suffers from sunken houses syndrome.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2015, 10:57:39 am »
+2
Don't know if you have this but these are satellite views of all Native Village maps:

http://imgur.com/a/0eqil/rearrange

They are listed alphabetically by their file name which is the name of each village, not sure if you can see it on imgur. Maybe it would be better to name villages by their real ID's instead of villageXY. Some of these are terrible and should never be played in any mod but some are awesome and should be added to battle (not sure which ones are already in tho, that's the main problem), especially if their spawn points are fixed.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Teeth

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2015, 11:00:09 am »
+39
Please upvote or downvote the addition of this map:

Burning Witch
(click to show/hide)

Pretty crap for EU 1 if you ask me, anything above 15 players is a spawnkilling mess. In any case the map won't last much longer than 3 minutes so whatever.

can we please get a random battle scene into rotation?  werent there battle maps that were randomely generated? 
People did not have the attention span to properly play these maps when there were 80 players, the days of natural shieldwalls were gone. Now it would be even worse. As far as I could see there were huge groans whenever one of these loaded, so I have gradually removed them. There is also the issue of these maps becoming Random Himalayan Mountains instead of Random Plains.

Offline Teeth

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2015, 11:06:36 am »
Don't know if you have this but these are satellite views of all Native Village maps:

http://imgur.com/a/0eqil/rearrange

They are listed alphabetically by their file name which is the name of each village, not sure if you can see it on imgur. Maybe it would be better to name villages by their real ID's instead of villageXY. Some of these are terrible and should never be played in any mod but some are awesome and should be added to battle (not sure which ones are already in tho, that's the main problem), especially if their spawn points are fixed.
There used to be a useful tool hosted by Elio called the Calradia Maps Explorer, which had both ID's and names, sadly it isn't hosted anymore. I think you went through the villages a while ago and gave me a list, and from those I added 7 village maps back, most of which were well received. Currently 14 out of 82 maps are village maps and that is probably enough. I hear quite a few "add this instead of boring village maps"so your enthusiasm for native villages might not be shared by everyone.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2015, 11:20:02 am »
+1
make a voting post for adding more native village maps please,  Im with gnjus on that topic
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Teeth

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2015, 11:35:19 am »
+2
Go and find them, once again, I can't do anything with statements such as "adding old maps", "add more fun maps" and "add more native villages". There are no folders with these categories from which I can randomly draw all the good ones. What old maps, what fun maps, what villages? Finding them isn't any easier for me than it is for you. I have been through all maps like twice already and extracted anything that I found worth playing, when you strip away nostalgia, most maps have been removed for a good reason. I spent 3 hours today and yesterday on this shit already, and I don't even play this game, so don't expect me to trudge through 110 villages, again.

Screenshots of every village can be found here or with the link Gnjus provided. You can open your strings.txt file in your cRPG folder and search for the name, then it will give you an ID like village_13
http://c-rpg.net/?page=strategusfieflist

For any other maps. Launch your cRPG without WSE 2 and you should get a Scene Editor button. Click this and you can browse through all the map files contained within the mod. There are 925 files, have fun.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2015, 03:06:58 pm »
+4
so your enthusiasm for native villages might not be shared by everyone.

There is no such thing as "my enthusiasm for native villages", there's just a thing called "my enthusiasm for normal maps instead of impassable-terrain-running-around-in-circles-and-tons-of-other-shit-that-has-nothing-to-do-with-proper-battle-but-just-encourages-more-imbecilic-behaviour-from-players".

Go and find them, once again, I can't do anything with statements such as "adding old maps", "add more fun maps" and "add more native villages". There are no folders with these categories from which I can randomly draw all the good ones. What old maps, what fun maps, what villages? Finding them isn't any easier for me than it is for you. I have been through all maps like twice already and extracted anything that I found worth playing, when you strip away nostalgia, most maps have been removed for a good reason. I spent 3 hours today and yesterday on this shit already, and I don't even play this game, so don't expect me to trudge through 110 villages, again.

I downloaded them from Elio's site back then and I could compress them for you if you like, its 25 mb or so, every map's name is the file name so you can't miss anything. It takes literally half an hour or so to browse through them and pick the normal ones, its a bit high ground satellite view (didn't download the other version) but you should remember & recognize most of them and add some that you think would do fine for battle (maybe after editing the spawn points). Every extra map adds to diversity, as long as its not plain silly by its "terrain".
If you add 2 out of 110 it was worth it IMO.

Edit:

https://www.mediafire.com/?ms2cvr67rbdmq2m

Edit #2:

I'll just add this (probably repeating myself but I can't help it, I'm old and senile):

- this is one of the best native village maps IMHO http://i.imgur.com/SC6k7A4.jpg and anything remotely similar to this should be added to EU1. Way better than half of the crap I've seen while playing. We need maps that are viable for all classes and encourage fighting so its done relatively fast. This map is a prime example of it, even if the imbeciles start running around they meet each other quite fast and the butchering is done within 5 minutes. Its good for cav, its good for infantry and ofc - its good for ranged (as everything is good for that scum). Oh and flags spawn in the middle of village so if scum tries to camp surrounding hills (which are not too steep) they need to come down, if there's only inf left in one team it has a chance vs anything inside this village while its not too closed and campy (no towers and such). These criteria should be important when picking maps.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 03:27:08 pm by Gnjus »
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Utrakil

• Marshall
  • Renown: 885
  • Infamy: 182
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Randwig; Gerwin; Marketenderin; Fletcher
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2015, 03:53:13 pm »
I would like to throw the idea into this thread that maybe we schould part with the Idea that every map has to be playable for every class.

I would love to have maps that clearly favour one class. as long as it is in fair proportions.

Like one map is a ranged fest where a shield is a must while the next one there is no way for ranged to get a high point and spaces are to tight for cav so 2h will have there go with the rest. then you find yourselve on a plain where you better bring a pike because otherwise cav will run everything down.

this will bring a much more diverse gameplay and people can't only rely on one tactik or their one favorite weapon. instead you will have to adjust the weapon you bring to battle or even send an other Alt.

Offline Teeth

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2015, 04:56:19 pm »
+5
this will bring a much more diverse gameplay and people can't only rely on one tactik or their one favorite weapon. instead you will have to adjust the weapon you bring to battle or even send an other Alt.
Great story, but the reality is that many people just quit if they don't like playing a map with their class. Server populations are fragile enough as it is.

I downloaded them from Elio's site back then and I could compress them for you if you like, its 25 mb or so, every map's name is the file name so you can't miss anything. It takes literally half an hour or so to browse through them and pick the normal ones, its a bit high ground satellite view (didn't download the other version) but you should remember & recognize most of them and add some that you think would do fine for battle (maybe after editing the spawn points). Every extra map adds to diversity, as long as its not plain silly by its "terrain".
If you add 2 out of 110 it was worth it IMO.
Once again, it isn't any easier for me than for you. If think it should be no trouble for me, then do it yourself, the map lists are in the OP, it shouldn't be too hard to find out which villages are already in. Throw up a post with a screenshot, ask people to upvote or downvote, and I'll add it it if people like it.

Offline Teeth

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2015, 09:20:52 pm »
Sadly maps will always be in rotation that gimp ranged and cav, no maps are removed because they make infantry OP and dominate. That ties into the point that Teeth made about people quitting maps hat don't suit their class, and since most players are infantry map balance is always hugely in their favour to try and preserve server pop. I don't like it but meh
And what kind of maps would that be exactly? Very edgy point, but I doubt even you know what you are trying to implicate practically.

I think I should make a map with spawns in a water level that allows only mounted players to not drown, see if anyone is bothered by having to rejoin as cav to be able to play.