Swag
1 (4.8%)
Swag
2 (9.5%)
5 (23.8%)
Kek
13 (61.9%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII Remake - UMAD Witcher 3, Dark Souls 3, Fallout 4,Dishonored 2?  (Read 3261 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1561
  • Infamy: 868
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Because of nostalgia obviously. Final Fantasy is dead franchise and comparing it with Dark Souls is insulting. From what I've seen on that trailer most of the gameplay is cutscenes. No interest whatsoever. New game in series (FFXV) looks graphically excellent but it has same combat and pretty dull characters. Too bad, that engine could be used to make great video game version of some iconic anime.

Dark Souls III will win GotY 2016 with ease. Get with the times, Berenger.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
Final Fantasy VII remake is more popular and will sell more than Dark Souls 3 and Witcher 3 combined.

Most gamers (even casual gamers and celebs) have played it. It's known as one of the best RPGs ever.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: kadeth
I'm not sure about that, Berenger! I really liked some of the Final Fantasy games, but for the story telling and music mostly. Not too interested in a graphics upgrade.

It's not like the HD remake of FFX was hugely successful.

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
+1
If anyone liked FFT you should check this out, Yasumi Matsuno is working on it.

http://unsungstory.com/

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/482445197/unsung-story-tale-of-the-guardians
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 06:19:13 am by Grytviken »

Offline Sir_Hans

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Beached_Dolphin, Sir_Hans
+1
Square knows FF7 remake potentially their most sold product in the past 20 years so...
FF7 remake going to be released in episode installments.

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
+1
Finally a remake and not a remaster tho, there are few games i wish they were remade, like fable kotor and ninja gaiden

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
+1
Since I finished the game myself, I can't see what makes the 7 the holy grail of final fantasies when there are much better alterations.

Cloud is a whiny emo bitch throughout the whole game, sephiroth final battle sucks ass (He's a wimp) and the hardest encounters in the game (The guardians of the earth) are more frustrating than hard since you need to get specific stuff to be able to beat them or you will never have a chance. Even at level 100.

(Tip: If you intend to play it and beat one of the specific guardians, throughout the game you will have access to an underground area. Farm that place until you get the underwater materia because that is the only place in the game you can acquire it. After you leave the place and continue with the story, you can't access it again and you will be gimped vs this guardian)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
+1
Even though I played a couple of FF games and enjoyed them all, I think the setting of Final Fantasy is too over the place to get really immersed and enjoy it.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 09:29:31 am by Vibe »

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
They have already released a so-called revamp. And now a remake? Where does the nostalgia milking stop? Especially since the Last Remnant, Square Enix has been nothing but disappointment anyway.

Including TLR in the disappointments? Because i thought that was a great break from the FF franchise. Especially the gameplay, while nothing really new, was wonderfully done.

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
Even though I played a couple of FF games and enjoyed them all, I think the setting of Final Fantasy is too over the place to get really immersed and enjoy it.

This 10 times

One thing tho, starting to believe that their final masterpiece was ff x and not ff vii, there's something about that game that just went stole a piece of my heart :C

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
Including TLR in the disappointments? Because i thought that was a great break from the FF franchise. Especially the gameplay, while nothing really new, was wonderfully done.

Well. my expectations were very high. I really wanted difference and improvement. What I found were poorly executed environments and a refurbished combat system that tried way too hard at feeling like a breakthrough.

To each his own though. I am glad you still enjoyed it. It just didn't live up to my expectations.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
I could never get on with FF. Played most of FF7 but I would never describe it as enjoyable and I never understood the hype.

I doubt a remake will sell a huge amount either. Certainly not more than DS and Witcher simply due to the nostalgia angle. It's a game that's aimed at those who played FF7 and actually enjoyed it. Considering it's now almost 20 years old a nostalgia remake is not going to have massive wide appeal. I doubt it will really draw too many new players.

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
Played FF1+2 and FF Tactics on the GBA and they were really dang great

I got FF7 on Steam but somehow managed to loose interest in the middle of the game; I think the whole game was yet a bit too old for me to keep playing.

I´ll wait what the reviews say and then I´ll decide if I try the new FF7, or retry the old one (since it´s sorta a must-play  :)).

Offline Sir_Hans

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Beached_Dolphin, Sir_Hans
FF7 hasn't really held up that well over the years... but same can be said about practically all the great games which released around late 90's...

Diablo, Fallout 1&2, dungeon keeper, baldurs gate 2 etc...

They can still be fun, sure. But they are not nearly as great as they were when they were released.

FF7 had epic graphics, an in depth system equipment/materia/stats/limit breaks etc... and a very long campaign back when it came out in 1997 not only that but most of us were in our young teens when the game came out, and I think it's much easier to immerse yourself in an RPG at age 12 than it is for someone who's around 30 today   :cry:. All that has really been lost with time. I tried to play through the ff7 remaster when it came out on steam too, I only got to the part where you do the chocobo race to get out of that desert prison place... haven't touched it again in months :/

What I really really want is a remaster/PC release of FF12... I loved that game but the max resolution was so terrible.

Cloud is a whiny emo bitch throughout the whole game

Cloud was infinitely cooler than Tidus (FFX)...
Cloud was a genetically created clone super soldier thing that was constantly losing his mind and striving to figure out what he was.
Tidus was a cross dressing blitzball player with a high pitch voice and daddy problems that he couldn't get over.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 08:13:31 pm by Sir_Hans »

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
I never liked final fantasy 10 to begin with so.... If you didn't play the crisis core which is on the PSP you should if you enjoy the plot of final fantasy 7. It will further show how cloud is just a puppet or clone of a better man.

My favourite one is the 9th and the tactics one.