Author Topic: Dark Souls 3  (Read 87841 times)

Offline Sagar

• Earl
  • Renown: 463
  • Infamy: 279
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bogumili
  • Game nicks: Sagar
  • IRC nick: Sagar
Re: Dark Souls 3
« Reply #420 on: April 14, 2016, 05:04:20 pm »

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #421 on: April 14, 2016, 05:15:41 pm »
+1
My biggest issue atm is actually leveling.
Since I lack any experience from the earlier titles, I have a hard time predicting which stats I should and should not raise. From the ones that seem generally important for the Warrior class that is. Not gonna do Faith or Intelligence obviously... but the others... for example vitality seems to be important for later on to be able to wear heavy armor but to which extend, no idea.
Guides are hardly helping cuz they explain the purpose of the stats but don't go into builds really...

Atm it feels to me that I am randomly raising endurance, vigor, strength and vitality...

This is something that does largely come with experience. My first character in DS1 was so unbelievably gimped but I didn't know it until I did a bit of research and started focusing stats.

A lot of builds are designed around the weapon you are using so a first play through is often a bit of a stab in the dark.

If you are going a str hero then I usually get my str up to the weapon requirement, then start boosting endurance then work on vitality and vigor last. Str so you can use the weapon, endurance so you don't run out of stamina using it and then the other 2 to make you tanky. Spreading your points thin between them early can often end up making you wait till end game to use the weapon you want to use so best to get the required stats up first if you've found a nice weapon you want to try.

Then also take a look at the stats scaling and see if it's worth going above the requirements if the scaling is good. Especially by the looks of it if you go heavy infusion which boosts strength scaling.

Generally the best base stats for a strength build end game tend to be:

40-50 str
30-40 end
30-40 vigor
Whatever vitality feels right. Though usually you can find a ring which enables you to wear heavier equipment (supposedly there's over 100 rings in game so there must be one for this).
And then whatever other base stats you need for a weapon e.g. 16 dex or something.

Mind you this is based off DS1+2 so may be completely wrong for 3. So far levelling seems to be slower in 3 as well. I feel like I'm over half way through the game and still only level 35. By this point in the game in 2 I was level 70-80.

The bonus of doing a blind play through first I guess  :D

I'll probably end up looking up builds in my second play through. Though usually the idea of getting strength up first is a good one purely so you can experiment with weapons.

I haven't found any weapons yet that go above 35 strength. But in both previous games there were weapons and shield with a 50 strength requirement. So may be a safe bet that there are in this as well.

Edit:

Also the cloranthy ring is pretty much invaluable as a strength hero in the early game as it boots your stamina regen so even if you are chewing through it you can manage it better. A hint if you haven't found it
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 05:54:59 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #422 on: April 14, 2016, 05:39:19 pm »
Well, I found my first game breaking bug today. Or atleast PvP game breaking. Whenever I invade someone and there is the host and 3+ phantoms, atleast one of them has no animations and just floats around. Is this the host's PC not being able to handle that many players or is it me? I have matchmaking restricted to region, by the way.
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: April 14, 2016, 05:55:29 pm »
+1
My biggest issue atm is actually leveling.
Since I lack any experience from the earlier titles, I have a hard time predicting which stats I should and should not raise. From the ones that seem generally important for the Warrior class that is. Not gonna do Faith or Intelligence obviously... but the others... for example vitality seems to be important for later on to be able to wear heavy armor but to which extend, no idea.
Guides are hardly helping cuz they explain the purpose of the stats but don't go into builds really...

Atm it feels to me that I am randomly raising endurance, vigor, strength and vitality...

my advice is this

the first 20 levels of vigor provide most per point. so get that asap. I leave mine at 20 until much higher level, and will dump spare points there.

next prio is str/dex to minimum to wield weapon of choice.

then endurance, the closer this is to 40 the better. more stamina is more swings, more rolls, more blocking. dont raise beyond 40.

I would skip vitality for now, having high poise armour can be good, but you dont NEED it.. yet. just stay below 70% equipment. if you only care about stats consider combining stuff like prisoners loincloth + heralds chest, you can get decent poise/defenses with low vitality.

going stength + dex is called quality build. Im pretty sure these will have highest mele damage at the very late game, but in the beginning its much worse to do both tbh. since you are warrior I would say level strength only. you can respec easily but up to limit of 5 times per character.

the starting warrior battle axe is actually a great pve weapon, if you like its moveset and your focusing on str you could infuse it with heavy.

alternatively the butcher knife is actually a huge cleaver with axe moveset, and is great for strength builds, good for pve/pvp.

The best pve weapon is probably the simple mace, you can buy one from an npc. also great for going strength. the moveset isn't as good 2h or for pvp as the axe imo, but the strike damage is usually really good for pve.

I should say the mace was such a crutch in pve in prevous games I used it to progress my characters even when they had only 9 strength (the minimum to 2hand it)

Well, I found my first game breaking bug today. Or atleast PvP game breaking. Whenever I invade someone and there is the host and 3+ phantoms, atleast one of them has no animations and just floats around. Is this the host's PC not being able to handle that many players or is it me? I have matchmaking restricted to region, by the way.

yep Ive had this, even had for a boss when I was sun bro kek
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 06:06:40 pm by Banok »

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: April 14, 2016, 06:14:42 pm »
Wow I just realized I had two items to upgrade my estus from +0 to +2 in my inventory, lol. :lol: The funny thing is that I actually read the description of that item and I immediately forgot about it. I was healing with the weak ass estus all this time :lol:

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #425 on: April 14, 2016, 06:14:44 pm »
ah gravoth I already spoiled myself, I had to know why I was doing no dmg to that boss so I google it; still haven't found what I need for it yet tho.

Well heres a spoiler if you feel like you need it, its pretty obvious but yeah
(click to show/hide)

ssrsly tho half the time I walk in the boss room, fail to dodge his combos and die before even landing a single attack.

I broke and tried shield and its a doddle x10 easier. its attacks kill me in as little as 2 hits, and are often on dodgeable and yet I can block most and barely lose any stamina, so From has clearly designed this boss to be shielded.

I had a relatively easy time without shield, i was intimidated the first 2 deaths, but after like 5 or 6 tries i got him. Tor got him first try though =_=

Wow I just realized I had two items to upgrade my estus from +0 to +2 in my inventory, lol. :lol: The funny thing is that I actually read the description of that item and I immediately forgot about it. I was healing with the weak ass estus all this time :lol:

Estus +9 ftw
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Golem

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: April 14, 2016, 06:29:59 pm »
Just got to the old tree trunk.
(click to show/hide)
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: April 14, 2016, 06:30:09 pm »
Haven't tried magic yet but anyone else like the idea of the tomes? It makes it quite interesting. I loled when i tried to give the pyro a certain tome and he turned around and said it was too dark for him and forbidden. For later use I guess.

Supposedly it's weak now though so not sure if I will try it at some point. Thought there seems to be some nice variation in the spells for various types.

Offline Golem

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: April 14, 2016, 06:57:07 pm »
Oh fuck me! I got the Mirrah greatsword, instead of the badass spear and it's totally shit and can't be infused...
Anyone wants to trade? It's not that shit, if you have high dexterity

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #429 on: April 14, 2016, 07:50:30 pm »
Just beat the game, 27 hours of joy and will go for a 2nd playthrough pretty much instantly.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #430 on: April 14, 2016, 08:05:05 pm »
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
Cheers, this seems to be good and really helpful advice. I appreciate it!

Since I am still at the Highwall and just had my first 2 tries on that silver doggy thing - I am considering to restart...
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: April 14, 2016, 09:45:18 pm »
Silver doggy thing. Try and stay under it and behind it and you'll be fine :)

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
« Reply #432 on: April 14, 2016, 09:50:40 pm »
Just beat the game, 27 hours of joy and will go for a 2nd playthrough pretty much instantly.

Are you even human?..  :shock: damn... It will take me over 100 h to finish for sure. If it's as long as ds2.

Cheers, this seems to be good and really helpful advice. I appreciate it!

Since I am still at the Highwall and just had my first 2 tries on that silver doggy thing - I am considering to restart...

Don't rush it with restarts. You probably didn't mess it up too much yet :)
  Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: April 14, 2016, 10:17:29 pm »

2 tries... that's really not that much

Offline Shemaforash

• Duke
  • Renown: 533
  • Infamy: 169
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shemaforash
« Reply #434 on: April 14, 2016, 10:58:14 pm »
2 tries... that's really not that much

i was stuck for 2 hours against abyss watchers kek
You should be punished for having a shitty attitude.