Author Topic: Fallout 4  (Read 89371 times)

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
Re: Fallout 4
« Reply #1005 on: November 30, 2015, 09:09:06 pm »
Notwithstading personal interaction with the actual story etc, maybe he has less stats/perks XP boost? I dont remember which does it, but I've read tooltips about such or such increasing the XP you get.
idiot savant is the perk that you speak about, and indeed i have it ( still remember getting 1800 xp for quests from time to time :D )  i guess that explains a lot
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #1006 on: November 30, 2015, 09:21:08 pm »
I only got 1 point in luck, so yeah I missed out on a lot of xp. + I played on hardest diff. so combat was a bit slower (you don't get more xp per increased difficulty?) and I barely did any of the infinite fetch and clear quests you get from some of the factions, as they didn't really give you anything of importance.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
« Reply #1007 on: December 01, 2015, 12:22:11 am »
Also level 60 and done with the game. Plus I have gone so far with Melee+Agility that it isn't even funny anymore. I can now basically enter VATS and kill several unsuspecting (I guess 6 in 2-3 seconds was the record so far) mobs in a breeze. I have also scored sneak 1-shots on deathclaws and behemots. I feel so bad for picking that broken leveling path.

Probably the only consolation is that you don't get to be such a mean bastard until later levels.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: December 01, 2015, 01:12:03 am »
Probably the only consolation is that you don't get to be such a mean bastard until later levels.
Melee+sneak build never felt any more difficult than shooting, save maybe the first 3 levels and gets cheesy rather fast. As soon as you get Blitz it is nearly too much cheese to handle, that anti-climax when you kill the Synth enemy that was being hyped up the entire quest in a single VATS, because you Blitzed him while he was still looking for the button on his Stealth Boy. Then you get the x10 melee sneak attack modifier at level 33 and the fun is over. I finished the main quest at level 35 and quit afterwards, I could only enter a room, press crouch, enter VATS and watch 6 enemies die so many times. I one-shot a Queen Mirelurk and a Savage Deathclaw, not sure if there are much stronger enemies. I can't imagine what being a level 60 build feels like.

Notwithstading personal interaction with the actual story etc, maybe he has less stats/perks XP boost? I dont remember which does it, but I've read tooltips about such or such increasing the XP you get.
Idiot Savant is really strong and will always be a boost to your experience rate no matter what your Intelligence. I played with 1 Intel and this perk and it levels really damn fast. It triggers 1/8 at that INT and I got it about 6 times on a quest which usually meant I skipped a level.
https://www.reddit.com/r/fo4/comments/3siw35/i_tested_intelligence_idiot_savant_and_experience/
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 01:22:32 am by Teeth »

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: December 01, 2015, 01:34:27 am »
Damn Blitz. Sometimes you target the enemy from so far away and such a difficult position that you just stand there, swing your melee weapon in front of you and the poor bastard you are aiming at dies meters away. All the while you stay at the same spot. It's like a telekinesis kill.

Sure I liked the feeling for a very brief time initially, as it felt good after all the whacking I had to put up with during my early levels. But it wore out ligthning fast, because it is plain ridiculous.

By the way, it took me so long to get to that build because I wasn't originally planning to shape into this. In the end, I was tired of looking for ammo everywhere inside out and not really feeling strong enough with guns. So I had to make a change of plans. I still used a fully modded plasma rifle and gauss rifle, but melee weapons were always my top choice.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: December 01, 2015, 01:23:49 pm »
I'm going for a versatile, adaptable build atm. Meaning I dont try to aim for a min-max but more like, if I want something, I perk it so I can; if I loot something shiny, I perk it up a bit. Ok I'm only lvl 10, so maybe even without min-maxing it will become too easy later on.
For now, on survival difficulty, its pretty tough. I have solid STR/END + good melee damage, but getting into melee is crazy risky against most of my opponents. I need to shoot a guy 10-30 times to kill him, I have enough ammo for that though so its not a real issue, and the slow regeneration is not too much of a problem if you always eat when a bit down. When I'm in front of something real nasty, I use explosives and most of the time its a one-shot ticket to win, or at least a cripple/stagger.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 01:27:30 pm by Butan »

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: December 01, 2015, 01:46:39 pm »
+1
You spoke about Gothic 3 and the fact that it was great despite the hate. I would have tried it if I didnt hear it was shit all over the internet when it was released, whats the catch?

It is mainly the clunky melee combat, which can be easily overlooked, because the rest of the game is fantastically beautiful in every aspect from the world and factions to the non-existence of stupid enemy scaling. If you want to give it a chance, I advise you to see that video I posted for Fips. It's a little bit long, but will give you a good idea of the game.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: December 01, 2015, 03:05:54 pm »
+1
I find it hilarious how they shoot your wife. I mean it shouldn't be hard pulling the kid out of her arms, especially considering she just woke up from cryofreeze. I mean, she was a valuable backup for the institute as well, no?

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: December 01, 2015, 03:11:14 pm »
+2
I find it hilarious how they shoot your wife. I mean it shouldn't be hard pulling the kid out of her arms, especially considering she just woke up from cryofreeze. I mean, she was a valuable backup for the institute as well, no?
I was really glad she died. I dicked around with the female character option a little without grasping that this actually altered the look of your wife, even if you choose to be a male. I couldn't take the intro seriously at all because my wife looked like the spawn of Beelzebub.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: December 01, 2015, 03:49:13 pm »
+1
I dunno, these are just my first impressions. Maybe it gets easier at level 2...

:rolleyes: :lol:
you beautiful bastard, I know what you did there (and rest of post)

It is mainly the clunky melee combat, which can be easily overlooked, because the rest of the game is fantastically beautiful in every aspect from the world and factions to the non-existence of stupid enemy scaling. If you want to give it a chance, I advise you to see that video I posted for Fips. It's a little bit long, but will give you a good idea of the game.

I always prefer direct opinion of people I know a bit, less spoily and easier to extrapolate if it would be worth a try. So I'm gonna give it a chance, after Fallout 4 and MGS5 (and the tons of good other games I should do -_-).
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 03:52:26 pm by Butan »

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #1015 on: December 01, 2015, 05:07:47 pm »
+1
I always prefer direct opinion of people I know a bit, less spoily and easier to extrapolate if it would be worth a try. So I'm gonna give it a chance, after Fallout 4 and MGS5 (and the tons of good other games I should do -_-).

I haven't looked for any english versions for my mods, but they are a must-have:
Community Patch (Should be 1.75 or something like that), Content Mod (2.6.1 or higher) and the Quest-Pack (4.2 or higher).
Then get some kind of program that lets you easily adjust the ini-file making it look way prettier and running more smoothly and you will have an excellent time.
Sadly i really cannot help you with my links because everything is in german.

Without those mods you shouldn't even bother installing it, sadly.

But you could start just playing 1 and 2(+addon) with some graphic enhancements first, because those games are very solid without mods.

Aaaand thx to replaying Gothic 3 now, i stopped completely with Fallout 4. I just raged way too much while building even simple things out in the open and the story never really sucked me in as i had hoped it would. Even exploring the vaults made me more excited about the lore than the actual mainquest.

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: December 01, 2015, 05:57:44 pm »
Was really fun for the first 20 hours or so just exploring the wasteland but the main storyline makes it really hard to ignore and there's not much interactivity a lot of the times besides shooting and picking up junk.

I wish they had gone some sort of Morrowind route where at certain points the game was just, like, "please, go check out the rest of the map and get some experience", even if you could just talk to them again immediately to start the next sequence.

I'm hunting down the Railroad and the trail was really uninteresting as I had passed through the areas hours before and they were now empty. Also I forgot to pay attention to the puzzle pieces.
And how!

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #1017 on: December 02, 2015, 08:41:52 pm »
+4
(click to show/hide)

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #1018 on: December 05, 2015, 01:03:10 am »
+3
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #1019 on: December 08, 2015, 11:41:25 am »
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.