Author Topic: Badmin - Liberal_Pig_Jeade  (Read 8449 times)

Offline Jeade

• Duke
  • Renown: 569
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
  • Well Caleb's a liar.
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
  • Game nicks: MAGA_Jeade, Gregory_McFin, Frat_Lion
  • IRC nick: Jeade
Re: Badmin - Liberal_Pig_Jeade
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2015, 02:19:05 am »
+3
I didn't realize admins could tell who you were on an alt - and I must say that's pretty annoying.

We can tell what your alts are, which ones you've deleted, their level and gen, which ones you've renamed, previous bans and their duration, recently heirloomed items, when you recently leveled and retired, and...probably a few other things, but I can't think of them off the top of my head.
This is not info we have access from in-game, however. This is all found through a panel on the website.
Unless you're doing something you shouldn't be, you're anonymous (unless the admin is just particularly curious, which happens).

I suppose I should actually address this if Schoi is upset about it, or anyone else for that matter.
After a couple TK's and a few complaints in game, I went ahead and checked the website to see who it was.
Admittedly, I wasn't paying attention when I tabbed back into the game and called the alt by the main's name (who has ahem been reported more than a few times in cRPG's history).
So, Schoi, that's my bad. If you want to put in a name change to the alt, I'll pass it through.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Schoi

• Duke
  • Renown: 578
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: small weiner
  • Game nicks: Skoi, Schoi, jus_the_tip_bby_feel_rlygud
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2015, 04:07:37 am »
Could you give me some proof you had tk complaints? Also no, I'm not going to change any of my alts. Every time I use one it's fucking exposed, there's no point in having alts for incognito purpose anymore.
Best quote

Well fact is, NA players are mostly casual normies not knowing mechanics & who would have no chance against competitive EU players on the same ping.

Offline Rando

• Duke
  • Renown: 593
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Chairman of the Refuge Against Domestic Violence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2015, 05:11:00 am »
Easy to say, when it was in fact your castle that he cheated to help you obtain.

I took the castle with no resistance, it was a fief transfer from Brocifaust quitting. Don't know what this bullshit is.

We can tell what your alts are, which ones you've deleted, their level and gen, which ones you've renamed, previous bans and their duration, recently heirloomed items, when you recently leveled and retired, and...probably a few other things, but I can't think of them off the top of my head.
This is not info we have access from in-game, however. This is all found through a panel on the website.
Unless you're doing something you shouldn't be, you're anonymous (unless the admin is just particularly curious, which happens).

I suppose I should actually address this if Schoi is upset about it, or anyone else for that matter.
After a couple TK's and a few complaints in game, I went ahead and checked the website to see who it was.
Admittedly, I wasn't paying attention when I tabbed back into the game and called the alt by the main's name (who has ahem been reported more than a few times in cRPG's history).
So, Schoi, that's my bad. If you want to put in a name change to the alt, I'll pass it through.

(unless the admin is just particularly curious, which happens)

Do we have admins, or curious kids with no sense of right and wrong?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 05:19:20 am by RandoHg »
Women cannot be autistic, because that implies otherwise well functioning brain to be impaired in some way. We know that women posses no such thing.

Offline CALAMARI

• Earl
  • Renown: 350
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2015, 05:45:54 am »
+2
And he's quick with a joke or to light up your smoke

Offline Rando

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2015, 06:41:52 am »
And he's quick with a joke or to light up your smoke

good song. I am an advocate for the truth, but I honestly don't remember the battle you posted... I'm sure I took that castle by just fief transferring it, and I don't think it's been attacked since.
Women cannot be autistic, because that implies otherwise well functioning brain to be impaired in some way. We know that women posses no such thing.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2015, 04:33:44 pm »
+7
(unless the admin is just particularly curious, which happens)

We are the all-seeing eye. You cannot hide. It is for the greater good; and for your own safety. Do not fear us. We are your friends.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Jeade

• Duke
  • Renown: 569
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
  • Well Caleb's a liar.
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
  • Game nicks: MAGA_Jeade, Gregory_McFin, Frat_Lion
  • IRC nick: Jeade
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2015, 08:08:05 pm »
+3
Could you give me some proof you had tk complaints?

If I feel like it and have time later, I suppose I could, but I don't see why it's necessary.
There were two complaints that I recall, one in the form of a vote kick and another in an 'i' message.
I noticed you smacking teammates when there was only an enemy left and a good 7 or 8 alive on your team, so I figured I'd let it slide.
Wasn't until people asked for you to stop that I actually did anything, just because it's difficult to control the near end of round TKs.
Regardless, if someone complains and you're doing something against the server rules, I'm obligated to do something.

Yes.

Offline Schoi

• Duke
  • Renown: 578
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: small weiner
  • Game nicks: Skoi, Schoi, jus_the_tip_bby_feel_rlygud
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2015, 10:12:36 pm »
That's the point. You're obligated to make me stop. You could've kicked me, warned me, or just said "no team wounding guys". Instead you just exposed me, straight up.
Best quote

Well fact is, NA players are mostly casual normies not knowing mechanics & who would have no chance against competitive EU players on the same ping.

Offline Rando

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2015, 10:39:27 pm »
That's the point. You're obligated to make me stop. You could've kicked me, warned me, or just said "no team wounding guys". Instead you just exposed me, straight up.

Please stop using logic, admins should be trolls just like the rest of us!  :|

Offline Dupre

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 825
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: DoV
  • Game nicks: Dupre, Sentri
  • IRC nick: Nashringa
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2015, 10:51:47 pm »
+2

There is a reason why admins have the power to look up alt characters... If you want to stay anonymous, don't break the rules.

Steam: ajkretchmer

Offline Rando

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2015, 12:13:18 am »
There is a reason why admins have the power to look up alt characters... If you want to stay anonymous, don't break the rules.

I wonder how many times the admins are going to repeat themselves while ignoring the point.

You can punish him accordingly after looking up their alts without exposing it. Exposing it is pointless unless the intent is to troll the person.

Offline Dupre

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2015, 12:30:04 am »
I wonder how many times the admins are going to repeat themselves while ignoring the point.

You can punish him accordingly after looking up their alts without exposing it. Exposing it is pointless unless the intent is to troll the person.

Here's another repeat for you: If you're playing an alternative character and want to stay anonymous, don't break the rules.

Offline Rando

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2015, 12:41:26 am »
+1
Here's another repeat for you: If you're playing an alternative character and want to stay anonymous, don't break the rules.

Ignoring any form of logic and repeating yourself doesn't make you win the argument. Players can be appropriately punished according to their offense history without their alt that they worked on being exposed. I guess I can repeat myself until you actually address my argument? Revealing a player's alt because of a minor offense is unnecessary and trollish behavior, unbecoming of someone with a position of power.

We have to look it up on the website. Its not like your name floats above your head or anything.

I disagree with you rando; I find it bullshit that you expect us to honor player anonymity when they themselves can't behave decently. That is the point of this thread. Breaking the rules while clearly trying to be anonymous in my opinion voids any and all rights to anonymity of your alt.

However you seem upset that players can't play incognito alts without admins exposing them - which simply isn't truth.

Did Jeade jump the gun and ruin Schoi's incognito alt? perhaps but the real question here is did schoi stop griefing on that character? Obviously he did since he came here and posted a complaint about not being able to grief and troll on his alt.

The fact that this complaint even exists is proof that there are admins who can't handle this power. Admins who have the ability to dig through people's private information should have a duty to respect their privacy, regardless of a rule being broken. Clearly there needs to be an update to the rules, because as is, it seems like admins can namedrop anyone on their alt with no reason at all and have no repercussions. You say someone who breaks the rules on an alt voids their right to privacy, but why? I've yet to see a legitimate reason other than to "troll" them. As for it being a "punishment", surely whatever punishment for the rule being broken should suffice. Unless playing on an alternate identity somehow makes it a graver crime?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 12:56:38 am by RandoHg »

Offline Dupre

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2015, 12:56:51 am »
+1
I guess you must of missed Nightingale's post which answers your "argument".

We have to look it up on the website. Its not like your name floats above your head or anything.

I disagree with you rando; I find it bullshit that you expect us to honor player anonymity when they themselves can't behave decently. That is the point of this thread. Breaking the rules while clearly trying to be anonymous in my opinion voids any and all rights to anonymity of your alt.

However you seem upset that players can't play incognito alts without admins exposing them - which simply isn't truth.

Did Jeade jump the gun and ruin Schoi's incognito alt? perhaps but the real question here is did schoi stop griefing on that character? Obviously he did since he came here and posted a complaint about not being able to grief and troll on his alt.

Offline Rando

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2015, 12:59:15 am »
+1
I guess you must of missed Nightingale's post which answers your "argument".

See my most recent post above yours, I edited it because I DID miss that post.