Author Topic: New players arn't allowed on C-rpg  (Read 2891 times)

Offline Lumetta

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Berserks
  • Game nicks: Lumetta_The_Berserk
New players arn't allowed on C-rpg
« on: May 07, 2015, 08:45:45 pm »
+10
   I am Lumetta, the C-rpg player that a lot of players know from the 4-5 years I have played C-rpg. Some of you have come to love me, some have come to hate me and everything in between but i think we can all agree on the ignorance and stupidity that some admins have but not all.

After coming back to C-rpg I have seen that the NA population has been down abit from the old days of 50+ players on both NA 1 and 2. I thought i would be good to invite some friends onto the game, some old and some new. The older players have had no problems but the newer players I have invited on have had wrong done to them. These are about 6-7 players not including me that I've tried hard to have play C-rpg so they can enjoy this mod with me.

Two of the new players were wrongfully Banned recently. These two players were Bonbons and Dessin_Yosari. I understand there are rules and order in a small Mod like this Where mistakes can be made, I have read the rules countless times but these bans were acts of either lazy garbage badmins or ban happy 13yr olds that want their first ban finally. Both of those choices are unacceptable for admins.

The Banning started on the C-rpg DTV server. Thats right the DTV server where a lot more stuff can happen than a normal server. I'll start off with Bonbons being Banned.

Bonbons just started about a week ago. She hasn't even played mount and blade before, She bought the game and downloaded C-rpg. Bonbons was on the DTV server and at the time the map was a close quarter map with a gate. Bonbons decided to open the gate which let in Npc enemies. She did this twice, not seeing the first warning when she did it again. She was kicked from the server which i thought was the right thing to do. She did something and even though she is new, she got a warning and was kicked for doing it.

After this Bonbons knew not to open the gates without permission and didn't do that the rest of the night. This map being a closed in area with people shiedwalling the front doors, Bonbons didn't want to hit them in the back with her Naginata so she was waiting behind with at the Viscount. Being by her the entire time I'd help kill any NPCs that would come around the Viscount. Her being with a Naginata would glance off of them and even me making it impossible to get kills (espectionally when I'm taking the kills from her). In the mean time when there wasn't any Npcs around the Viscount, we would just punch each other in the face because we didn't want to hit people in the back that were shieldwalling. While punching, she acciedently dropped her weapon being the new player she is and didn't know how to pick it up. She spawned with a weapon and gear so I don't see how this would be leaching. After dropping the weapon, about 6 seconds later she was banned WITHOUT warning. This ban was by Dupre (sentri).

The second case of this Badmin wrong-doings was my friend Dessin-Yosari. Although this case is a little different I think the trigger happy admins should actually look into these instead.

Dessin-Yosari, me, and Bonbons have the same uniform on. After what happened with Bonbons, Dessin-Yosari was standing by the gate switch never to have opened it. Engineer_Zix probably thought Dessin was trying to open the gate so He kicked him, (In game combat kick, not server kick) so he would get away from the switch. Dessin Kicked back and this went back and forth 5 times till dessin had 5 reports then he got a server kick. This wasn't a problem but will lead up to it.

Dessin-Yosari is a newbie Archer. We know how bad archers teamhit allies when shooting into melee. While Dessin-yosari was shooting at the Npcs, He'd probably hit someone every so often and a lot more of those people who want to jump when they attack. Dessin-yosari trying to shoot into the crowd of players and Npcs, team hits someone named
Oberyn. The coward Oberyn over reacts and this escalates to him holding a weapon up attack in front of Dessin. This cowardly "Baiting" made dessin want to fight back since he didn't want to get attacked by Oberyn. At this point was probably what dessin was accused of team killing and banned. This again without any warning at all, no one looked into what happened. You just ban the new player and forget all about it? If anything Oberyn should have been banned with Dessin if you were gonig to ban for a stupid reason. This ban was by Elderly Lady.

The Case with Dessin could have gone either way but with Bonbons? This proves that shit admins are in our servers.
They ban without warning or even looking into the situation. Not caring for justice but rather take the easy way out, making something wrong that isnt wrong. In the ban thread Dessin tries
to defend himself but the Admin calls him a liar and then locks the thread, What a cowardly act.

Re: Unban Dessin
« Reply #7 on: Today at 06:03:38 pm »
None of you were there so you have no idea what happen. Dessin may be new but his story is a lie.   

Dessin was banned for 12 hours cause of intentionally twing people.  Should be unbanned now.

Don't post spam in the ban/unban threads....

Well obviously i was there. Even though they were "unbanned" this isn't right. You guys want donations and more people to play your mod? How is that possible when you fucking ban every new player for anything they do wrong. Also you tell me that since i was a veteran i should tell her the rules? I'm a player not a admin, that is YOUR job as the admin. Don't try to push something like that onto me. Plus i can't tell newer players what they did wrong if you ban them without warning after they do it.

Bonbons repeatedly opened the gate after players kindly asked her to stop. I gave her a warning after the 3rd time of opening the gate. I also watched her do absolutely nothing besides punch you and dessin for 6 rounds, including the one where she dropped her weapon and didn't bother to pick it back up.

Lumetta, you're not new, you should of informed her about the rules of DTV and c-rpg, especially after knowing an active admin was online..

Bonbons is banned for 8 hours. I'll unban if she creates a forum account and makes a post on here. Rules are below
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 08:50:16 pm by Lumetta »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Lumetta

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: New players arn't allowed on C-rpg
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 08:54:42 pm »
+7
Look at these Cowardly admins. trying to hide my post. These kids don't know how to admin.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Voncrow

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • No honour in retreat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereign Kingdom of Thirdarrel
  • Game nicks: Voncrow, Bane, Velcrow
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 08:55:07 pm »
+4
(click to show/hide)

This does seem kind of bad for bans, but that badmin your talking about lumetta is the new head admin unless I'm mistaken. Although with bonbon that does seem to be a bit too much for a ban.

wtf, why was this moved. This is a viable topic... probably
'The only people who might be put off M:BG by the current state of cRPG would be cRPG players, and we don't want that kind of scum in M:BG anyway.' - Heskey

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Lumetta

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2015, 08:56:27 pm »
+3
And these are new players your talking about to. I don't care about head admin or not. Shitty admins are shitty admins

(Edit) Also does anyone know who Sentri is? I don't think in the 5 yrs i've played have ever heard of him? Can someone fill me in on this?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 09:05:15 pm by Lumetta »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Dupre

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 825
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: DoV
  • Game nicks: Dupre, Sentri
  • IRC nick: Nashringa
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2015, 09:09:58 pm »
+2
logs dont lie. I can get more but i'm not going to waste anymore time on this. I moved this cause it was already solved in the ban forums where it should of been in the first place. So now it gets moved to chamber of tears.

[19:54:38] msg,[ADMIN][Dupre]  its ok he wont do it anymore
[19:54:39] chat,,Oberyn,all,ffs sorry
[19:54:40] chat,,Asheram,team,LOL MORE THAN 2
[19:54:45] chat,,Phoenician,team,thanks
[19:54:48] chat,,HoC_Smelly_Fingers,all,two of em did
[19:54:48] chat,,TaogeIX_Of_Golden_Armor,team,thanks admin
[19:54:49] chat,,THC_Dutch_Master,team,47k xp
[19:54:51] chat,,_Ghost,team,i dont need it anymore zeus
[19:54:51] chat,,Albus,team,50k
[19:54:53] chat,,Wix_the_Engineer,team,Dupre the Goodmin is here!

[19:55:24] msg,[ADMIN][Dupre] bons, thats a warning
[19:55:48] msg,[ADMIN][Dupre] next it ban bonbon, don't be a troll
[19:55:58] chat,,Dessin_Yosari,team,dont ban...
[19:56:06] chat,,Dessin_Yosari,team,she  plays and is learning...
[19:56:16] chat,,Dupre,team,well now she knows
[19:56:20] chat,,Dupre,team,no more warning

[20:21:12] msg,Wix_the_Engineer reported Dessin_Yosari for teamwounding. Penalty: [1/5]
[20:21:16] msg,Wix_the_Engineer reported Dessin_Yosari for teamwounding. Penalty: [2/5]
[20:21:20] msg,Wix_the_Engineer reported Dessin_Yosari for teamwounding. Penalty: [3/5]
Steam: ajkretchmer

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2015, 09:12:21 pm »
+2
We definitely don't want to discourage new players. But everyone has to learn the rules as well. Looks like a clusterfuck to me.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Lumetta

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2015, 09:13:03 pm »
This is the log for the gate being opened yeah? That was solved. what about you banning for her dropping her weapon? This only proves Im telling the truth even more
(Edit) Look there is dessin even kicking wix 3 out of 5 times. If anything please post some more logs. It'll help out my story.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 09:19:06 pm by Lumetta »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Dupre

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2015, 09:18:51 pm »
[20:22:18] msg,Dupre banned player BonBons for 8h. Reason: Leeching. 
[20:22:19] disconnect,BonBons
[20:22:52] msg,[ADMIN][Dupre] -1 point and 2 deaths for the past 6 rounds plus she didnt have a weapon.

Offline Lumetta

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2015, 09:20:47 pm »
This map being a closed in area with people shiedwalling the front doors, Bonbons didn't want to hit them in the back with her Naginata so she was waiting behind with at the Viscount. Being by her the entire time I'd help kill any NPCs that would come around the Viscount. Her being with a Naginata would glance off of them and even me making it impossible to get kills

DTV doesn't run off of points so with me around and this being in the later rounds, not against peasants. its legit impossible for her to get kills
(click to show/hide)

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2015, 09:27:10 pm »
Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I think you're talking about the map Sea Raid (the small castle with a doorway near the viscount, a big gate by the end and a door in between). If there is no space for someone to swing at the shieldwall, you can always climb up the ladder at spawn and drop down from the roof and run outside, hit them from behind, etc.

It is possible.

Offline Lumetta

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2015, 09:29:09 pm »
+2
So you're telling me to go outside and die really fast? That's a form of leaching is it not? I'd rather leach like that than with no weapon. She is new so going outside even fighting 1 npcs would probably get her killed.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Dupre

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2015, 09:29:56 pm »
+6
I spectated and watched both dessin and bonbons for six rounds cause other players were complaining about them. Usually new players run into a pile of bots cause they don't know any better and want some action. All I saw bonbons doing was sitting around for six rounds doing nothing. So after already warning, kicked, and another warning, i decided to ban her. I also said I would unban her if she posted on the boards(this way I know she is really new). Bonbons posted on the unban forums (http://forum.melee.org/na-(official)/bonbons-ban/), kept my word and unbanned her right away, and posted the rules..

Offline Lumetta

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2015, 09:37:45 pm »
So after you posted your logs that proved nothing at all you're going to try to say it's all good because you unbanned her? She shouldn't have been banned in the first place. There was no reason at all, Maybe if it was a kick and you told her to run in and die? Which still isn't reasonable but you decided on an 8 hour ban? What made you come to that conclusion? Anyone that's not stupid would stay behind the shield wall and guard the Viscount if anything. She also had 2 deaths with that -1 kill meaning she did try to fight 2 times. 
(click to show/hide)

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2015, 09:44:21 pm »
+8
I banned Dessin for intentionally teamwounding multiple people including the viscount.

The server polled to kick him and he got kicked by 5/5 reports then came back and started tw'ing more.

Which was him acting out because Bonbon got banned for leeching. I allowed for some leniency towards him incase he was(is) new but it was obvious to me that he was acting with grievous intent regardless if he knows the rules or not.

After multiple warnings the new player should definitely consider stopping whatever it is they are doing if they want to continue to play. Being new isn't a get to do whatever the fuck you want card.

PS put the thread back for at least a few more hours.

Offline Casul

• King
  • Renown: 1010
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • I like animals
    • View Profile
  • Faction: plate goons club, Krems
  • Game nicks: Cassi, Antarctica
  • IRC nick: Cassi
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2015, 09:48:23 pm »
+1
TBH I have to stay neutral in this case.

- For me, its looks like you were staying in contact with these guys telling them to keep on doing bs so you have got materials for a drama. Guess both bans are somehow legit, if Nashringa says the truth (-1 / 2,  6 rounds without weapon + warnings) I'd say he had no other choice.

+ BUT, at least he could tell him the lenght of the ban before banning, or PM'ing him the link to the server rules.  As head admin I would really expect somehow a bit of effort in helping new players...   And how the hell is a new player supposed to know the rules and how long a ban lasts, when I would get banned as new player I would first think I got permanently banned because of sjdfbauisdfbpasiudfbsdif

+ And 3rd point is, thread is very important because new players and peasant are treated like shit in this mod. (not admins, just playerbase) 
"wow I got a +3 2h sword but I cant kill anything because I am getting spawnraped in 10 secs and have to wait 5 mins until I can spawn again!"  /cRPG

Oh and then someone makes a ban poll because reason: (true story, 3-4 months ago - Eu1)
Eques_realWiking88   initated a ban-poll for player "nordic_Warrior99"
E: "check score, suicid-leeching"     
random: "....he is completly new...."   
E: "I dont care"

poll results 56% - 1

Just for the justice, I would say 90% makes the playerbase, admins are doing mostly a good job imo, EU at least.

(click to show/hide)
Maybe if Coronoa virus gets rid of 50 percent or more of the world population we can do without a pope and religion.