Author Topic: are you serious molly?  (Read 2510 times)

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
are you serious molly?
« on: May 04, 2015, 08:52:55 pm »
"game isnt bad or broken...its just old. :rolleyes:" - Molly the fanboy

if you think the wonky combat and bad hit detection is a product of you becoming bored or game becoming old,,,you are DUMB AS FUCK MOLLY.
we ALL know that the moment that high level patch came out, combat quality has gotten FAR worse then it used to be.

its a hit detection thing, doesnt take a fucking genius to understand the games engine is having a harder time calculating the hits...the common theory from people with a brain: far too many people at a higher level with more agi then the games engine intended.

MOLLYS THEORY: game just got old and randomly started sucking after a patch, not that its the patches fault...games...just get worse hit detection as they get older? ARE U SERIOUSLY THAT DUMB?

I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
Re: are you serious molly?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2015, 08:57:10 pm »
At this point, im unsure if you are just trolling.. Anyways quality thread, general discussion has a lot of drama going now.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2015, 08:58:35 pm »
I don't notice difference with the combat.  There has always been hit detection issues.

But yeah, the reason the game is less populated is because it's old.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2015, 09:14:02 pm »
+4
its a hit detection thing, doesnt take a fucking genius to understand the games engine is having a harder time calculating the hits...the common theory from people with a brain: far too many people at a higher level with more agi then the games engine intended.

I thought the generally accepted theory on wonky combat was that it's the fault of the server/hosting.

Have you seen the stats of CPU troops from singleplayer native M&B? Many of them are higher than it's possible to get in CRPG and don't cause any issues in the engine. I'm going to have to disagree with you that "too much agi is literally breaking the game."

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2015, 10:54:57 pm »
+5
I thought the generally accepted theory on wonky combat was that it's the fault of the server/hosting.

Have you seen the stats of CPU troops from singleplayer native M&B? Many of them are higher than it's possible to get in CRPG and don't cause any issues in the engine. I'm going to have to disagree with you that "too much agi is literally breaking the game."

Dont bother, he just wants agi nerfed and tries to disguise it with relating it to server issues.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2015, 01:13:18 am »
Dont bother, he just wants agi nerfed and tries to disguise it with relating it to server issues.

HAHAHAHA

okay, not gonna lie, that was good comment lol.

but ya, i actually was being serious, minor ghosting and odd block breaks aside, the hit detection problems are way outta wack these days, you see some players swinging at eachother almost facehuggin and hitting nothing but air, theres been so many lol moments of trying to fight someone and both of us are just swinging for the fences.

wonky combat is not a term i came up with, and the hit detection\ ultra agi theory has been around since the high level patch...i didnt start it either, in fact i didnt use that as my official theory until other people like Jona were talking about it

( jona is NA's OG agi whore btw, i doubt hes out to nerf himself, he wants what i want...the game to be as enjoyable as it was...its not as enjoyable as it was, age has very little to due with it....i was playing pretty much ALL fucking day...ya, its THAT boring of a game...and i didnt leave out of boredem, ...i called it a night after getting shot to shit by xbow campers...LOL 2 of which are our new admins sentri and tris, GO ADMINS! U GET THOSE XBOW DELAYERS LADS I BELIEVE IN U! ) )

if you dont already know by now, saying "mod died to old age" is begging a fairly new player like myself to call you out and remind you of all the threads people have made about leaving...i think Bjord was thee only one that has said he left due to boredom.

myself, id like to see players like Kesh come back...mostly so there would be someone else who knows whats up, knows why the game is bad and isnt afraid to speak his mind ( no really, i agree with him, fuck tydeus, its a easy thing to agree on )
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 01:28:48 am by StonedSteel »
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2015, 02:24:36 am »
+7

myself, id like to see players like Kesh come back...mostly so there would be someone else who knows whats up, knows why the game is bad and isnt afraid to speak his mind ( no really, i agree with him, fuck tydeus, its a easy thing to agree on )

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2015, 03:12:02 am »
+2
(click to show/hide)

This.
I don't know enough

Offline Micah

• Duke
  • Renown: 539
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2015, 10:03:40 am »
+1
Please, someone help me! I desperately try to find the answer to one question :

Why am i still trying and thinking to make statements in this kind of threads and getting sad about it... knowing that its another hopeless cases of selfdelusionl of people who expect from the game something that they themself deny it to be ... a fun place to play with other people that are here for the same reason ... to have fun ?

Instead they insult everything and everyone ...

Do you think that it really works this way ?

Then i feel like i have to quote yourself:
ARE U SERIOUSLY THAT DUMB?
I am writing long winded essays in shitty english.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2015, 10:04:59 am »
+5
dafuq  :shock:

Have a +1 cuz that was the plan, amirite? rite?!
Krems is love, Krems is life! <3
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2015, 10:56:29 am »
+2
HELO FREND U SHULD TAKE A LOOK @ THIS GUIDE FOR NEWBIE PLAYER::

Its 2015 so i believe is a good time to tell some secrets.Maybe i can help any noob left out there .They are a lot of people that never really duel practice or they just autoblock. They still winning though by backpedaling or  hold attacks. Agi spam with better ping ( 30 ping with agi build and a big 2h is called skill in here.They agi build since 2011.*clap clap**).

How can you achieve this kind of feints that people think they macro? ( you should banging your head to a wall or on your keyboard when someone is feinting you and you cant get an easy hit i will talk about that later)

Those feints can be achieved by holding  block and change attack directions left to right  but you have to look down. There is something up with the animations that causes this kind of confusion . With a high agi build this affect is even more devastating. I really dont want to say who told me this. But is was late night practice dueling a lot . (Best duels late night.practice dueling late night was one of the most entertaining things about this game. I really miss that .)

So Ras why i should bang my head to a wall or to my  keyboard if someone is feinting me and i dont get an easy free hit? a ''noob'' will ask?

Well is simple. chamber. That is the point of  chamber . When you chamber they cant feint you.

So lets say that your good chamber is your left swing on his right swing. Fight starts attack-block-attack-block and your enemy feints his right attack to a left one . you block  that. the next time his is goin for that right attack you should go for a chamber he will not right attack he will feint to a left. But guess what you are goin for a chamber to his right attack*. Here is your easy free hit*. The counter for that is to hold the attack.but even while they hold and you still go for a chamber as soon as you see the attack direction if you simply twist your body at the release of the attack to the attack direction you get that easy hit. The counter to that body twist chamber to that hold attack is double chamber.  (chamber the chamber is called double chamber).

* Well after the latest agi patch it is possible that high wpf builds can do 2 attacks moves (feint) while in that time you can do just one. So even if you try to chamber you cant for that reason.
*Be careful while you try to chamber that hit and they look down to do that ''drunk'' feint dont aim for the head cause you will probably miss it.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2015, 11:27:15 am »
So switching all the servers to "slowest" game speed would fix everything, right?

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2015, 11:47:51 am »
So switching all the servers to "slowest" game speed would fix everything, right?
Game would get 400 players again because nobody left due to boredom and everybody is just waiting for hit detection to be good again.

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2015, 11:55:20 am »
400 asleep people in front of their screens maybe

Offline Rando

• Duke
  • Renown: 593
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Chairman of the Refuge Against Domestic Violence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2015, 12:17:54 pm »
I'm not so sure the hit detection is the biggest issue... But the game could use some changes. It would be nice to have active development again - would probably bring some players back. I doubt that's going to happen, though, sadly.
Women cannot be autistic, because that implies otherwise well functioning brain to be impaired in some way. We know that women posses no such thing.