Author Topic: Why the mod is dieing  (Read 2750 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1236
  • Infamy: 2608
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: Why the mod is dieing
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2015, 02:08:34 am »
mostly the community

That issue can be fixed by yourself. Technical issues can't be fixed without developer assistance. It is easy to deal with this glorious community if you have a thick skin.

The only way a result is going to happen if someone with endless free time somehow proves themself a master-coder to chadz and gets given full access to patch cRPG.

Why would anyone do that unless he expects something in return? Kinngrimm had that crazy idea to take over cRPG with his crew but that obviously failed. chadz isn't the fool to give what he worked on for years to anyone else to develop without his supervision. Despite them saying how cRPG doesn't matter, how this community isn't important for success of M:BG that is far away from truth.

We're dealing with people here and I'm not the only bastard of human kind, most are like that and even more but like to act naive and nice to each other to hide their true agenda (which eventually is to fuck you over). If people were nice like they are not, chadz would let kinngrimm have his little wet dream, which would probably involve Sebastian taking over development. That would be great news for cRPG mod because Sebastian is infinitely more skilled modder than these bunch of wannabe devs chadz and cmp chose to take over and support this dying mod.

Edit: Want to add something, to back up above claims with example. First of all, chadz and cmp are rare breed of people. They are nicer than they seem but still ultimately of the trolling kind. But not all devs like that, some people have (unrealistic) expectations they cook up in their heads, some think they deserve something given back, some think people who play their game are idiots. Vincenzo, one of the early members of chadz's crew felt that people surrounding him deserve to be treated like retards so he conveniently made his cRPG char stronger directly from database so he can have fun by dominating other players by what can be called as "hacking".

At this point in life, I understand him completely. If I would to take such great task of building a mod for one of upcoming games, lacking time to perfect my skills and being old bastard like I am going to become why would I play on even terms with bunch of stupid children from god knows where who aren't smart enough to figure out that forum youtube embed script only takes non secure http protocol links as input. They have reflexes, will probably try to cheat themselves. Why the fuck should anyone with resources, smart enough, go through hard times when he wants to have some fun? Facing bunch of kids born in 2000s (we already have people born 1997 and younger in community), as 35 or so year old, certainly don't want to be their "friend" so why play fair?

« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 02:27:49 am by Leshma »

Offline Tiger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 853
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
  • Made In China
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: TigerGirl; MooMooMilk; BobaBubbleTea; TerraCotta; Tuberculosis; BoomStickGirl
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2015, 02:24:51 am »
Why do people keep making these threads? We know already...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"The long united must divide; the long divided must unite."
"How many things, before and after, all melt into gossip and laughter."

Offline Novamere

• Duke
  • Renown: 599
  • Infamy: 273
  • cRPG Player
  • Feed me your tears!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Knightmare_
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2015, 04:16:29 am »

They are trying to show CMP and chadz like they dont already know lulz :lol:

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2015, 12:43:25 pm »
+2

I guess those people really think that their explanation is something no one has thought of before and that it is the one true explanation for the decline of player numbers. So it has to be a new thread for something that groundbreaking.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2223
  • Infamy: 536
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2015, 01:36:17 pm »
These threads are reflecting true nature of cRPG. Even tho it seems cRPG is unique experience every time, that works only on micro scale. Macro view shows true repetitive nature of cRPG, and forums go in the same direction. Recycling same topics all over again.

Offline Rando

• Duke
  • Renown: 593
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Chairman of the Refuge Against Domestic Violence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2015, 01:39:15 pm »
The game is only kept alive by a core community that has been playing for years. New players just aren't coming in - a live game doesn't ever have servers that go to 0 players.
Women cannot be autistic, because that implies otherwise well functioning brain to be impaired in some way. We know that women posses no such thing.

Offline pepejul

• Master-At-Arms
  • King
  • Renown: 1611
  • Infamy: 495
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • PEPE INSIDE
    • View Profile
    • http://alkislarlayasiyorum.com/icerik/60166/pepee-pepee-cok-uzuluyor
  • Faction: Pecores / Krems / hobo in the heart forever
  • Game nicks: something with PEPE inside
  • IRC nick: Pepejul
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2015, 01:39:44 pm »
+1
Because of hyper fast swings and macro feints... That kill normal players like PEPE  :lol:
I LOVE YOU, ADMINS !

Offline woody

• Earl
  • Renown: 407
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Woody, Weebo, Wreky
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2015, 03:49:41 pm »
+3
For me its one simple reason - EU1 lags really badly for me. Versus any agi spammer Im getting hit without seeing animations, I keep freezing and have disconnected several times through lag. I have a newish powerful gaming pc and never get problems on native.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2270
  • Infamy: 1268
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2015, 04:15:43 pm »
+2
Fully agree. It is low population so FPS is fine, ping trace to server IP is fine (31 stable ping) but game doesn't feel right at all. Missed blocks can be dealt with (respec to agi build and backpedal spam) but hits are an issue. Players just don't seem to be where my screen is showing them to be, which means I have to extra spam empty space to kill anyone. Not fun at all.

Many players seem to have issues atm because no one can block decently.

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2015, 04:54:51 pm »
I wonder, if that makes him a veteran player, what are some of us here? Ancient?  :?

Offline mrrdhardy

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 76
  • cRPG Player
  • Packer_The_Sloth
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Sloths
  • Game nicks: Packer_The_Sloth Brotherman_Bill Bo_Bo_The_Sloth_Templar_Hobo
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2015, 04:57:46 pm »
Dying of old age.

Yep, it's that simple actually.
we say that but the devs never really helped with the patches, I cant stand to play with people running around like the super hero flash. its just gone from a skilled mod to just all out spam. also the revival patch killed the mod since it was stable with numbers then after the patch the numbers of players dropped rapidly

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2015, 04:58:02 pm »
I wonder, if that makes him a veteran player, what are some of us here? Ancient?  :?

relics
Turtles

Offline mrrdhardy

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Packer_The_Sloth
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2015, 04:59:04 pm »
well that was rude and sorry who are you?  :shock:

Offline mrrdhardy

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Packer_The_Sloth
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2015, 05:01:27 pm »
The game is only kept alive by a core community that has been playing for years. New players just aren't coming in - a live game doesn't ever have servers that go to 0 players.
yes but the patches have slowing started to piss off core players making them to look else where for fun. that is what happened to a lot of people I know who played crpg.

Offline mrrdhardy

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Packer_The_Sloth
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2015, 05:07:21 pm »
+2
I think the devs should go back two patches where people were level 31 to retire, return old down stab for 2h and start a new strat. but I do have to praise them for adding new items to the game that always help the mod.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 07:45:30 pm by mrrdhardy »