Author Topic: Why would I buy M:BG if you dont even fix bugs in your mod anymore?  (Read 23754 times)

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
  • Renown: 750
  • Infamy: 253
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Form ranks, you maggots!
    • View Profile
    • Kahhhaaargaar!!! Uuurrr!!!
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Kalp_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Kalp
Re: Why would I buy M:BG if you dont even fix bugs in your mod anymore?
« Reply #105 on: April 12, 2015, 07:53:46 pm »
+3
Take Tydeus for example: he's put an insane amount of effort and time into this, yet all he gets is hate? (Quite a lot of that hate is for stuff he didn't even do)
It's not hate, it's dissatisfaction when I feel that introduced changes went to wrong way (WPF patch, mostly made by Tydeus afaik).

Besides that I have no problem with updates - sooner or later I will adapt - nor bugs - they will be fixed SOON(TM). Mostly PR and few basics information/answers for common question/problems are issue here (vide list of people in charge of cRPG things [not credits or people who only hold title] or things about Strategus (last/not last ? any changes ? end of this round two times delayed, no more info)). That's how i see things, although I might be wrong.

Ask what you can do to help, write a kind pm to San?
Last Active: 15-03-2015, 21:13:04

But I will write to him or someone else, at least I will get knowledge about some things  :wink:

Anyway thanks for your time and work, I appreciate it.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
The goal of Strategus battles shouldnt be to deprive your enemies of players, but to have full roster both sides and have the gear/tactics/strategy win the day rather than lack of merc support.

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
« Reply #106 on: April 12, 2015, 08:11:17 pm »
+8
I never said one bad word about chadz, cmp, Tydeus, San, Senni & others and my presence here in an indirect way prove my appreciation for their work. This is obvious. Am I critical? Yes, but in my opinion it's constructive criticism.

If something as simple as floating helmets is actually pretty complicated, please don't burn your time and just remove broken helmets - we have plenty of other helmets, noone really need this. Please try to make our and your life easier, and understand that we don't want or expect development of cRPG. Just restore it to normal.

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #107 on: April 12, 2015, 08:17:18 pm »
If something as simple as floating helmets is actually pretty complicated, please don't burn your time and just remove broken helmets - we have plenty of other helmets, noone really need this. Please try to make our and your life easier, and understand that we don't want or expect development of cRPG. Just restore it to normal.

Tried the repair- function in the launcher, eh? Agreed bugs are not fun, but it's so easy to get rid of all of the current ones by just clicking that one box on the launcher. The only thing it didn't repair for me is occational lag spikes, which is something else with the server side stuff. It's not ideal but understandable and will be fixed in the future.

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline WarLord

• Earl
  • Renown: 354
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 12, 2015, 08:48:16 pm »
Tried the repair- function in the launcher, eh? Agreed bugs are not fun, but it's so easy to get rid of all of the current ones by just clicking that one box on the launcher. The only thing it didn't repair for me is occational lag spikes, which is something else with the server side stuff. It's not ideal but understandable and will be fixed in the future.

Well, I tried the repair function multiple times and it doesn't fix wrong/missing/floating textures for me ...

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 12, 2015, 08:54:49 pm »
+3
It's not hate, it's dissatisfaction when I feel that introduced changes went to wrong way (WPF patch, mostly made by Tydeus afaik).

THe problem is there was always plenty of complains how Weapon Master is useless, so devs made it important and ppl hate them for it :P Same with new stab, ppl in the poll said they want new stab, devs introduced it, and now we whine that stab is awful :) ALso, it's not some ultimate truth that wpf patch was wrong, personally I like it :P

Dunno though why devs can not respond to some most vocal requsts like restart the servers. Simple no, we won't change it because: reasons/there's no need to change it (I have no clue if there's need to restart it)/sth would be enough.

Offline Perverz

• Earl
  • Renown: 381
  • Infamy: 180
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Barabe_Perverz
« Reply #110 on: April 12, 2015, 08:58:06 pm »
Tried the repair- function in the launcher, eh? Agreed bugs are not fun, but it's so easy to get rid of all of the current ones by just clicking that one box on the launcher.

nice story bro
BARABE:
those without the necessary properties of good in human society, coarse, vulgar and violent man, scumbags

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 12, 2015, 09:04:24 pm »
+2
i feel like they are killing the mod on purpose so people wont be able to play it because of all in-game problems and have no other option but to buy melee battlegrounds. i find it kinda evilish. for me no other game including battlegrounds can take the place of crpg.  i would like to play both crpg and m:bg. fix the f*cking mod please.

I got cancer reading this shit.

Crpg is not a game, its a mod. Battlegrounds is a game. Once again, you are entitled to nothing. Dont play crpg, if you dont like it. Dont buy battlegrounds if you dont like it. They are broke independent developers. You, expecting them to juggle between two projects(one giving them no profit at all btw) is kinda evilish and dicky from your part. I dont think they are killing it on purpose. Killing it on purpose is if they shut their servers down. Which will inevitably one day happen, cause hosting servers costs money. But obviously braindeads like you only want and words like "money", "time" and "available manpower" is way over your head. And btw, a lot of in-game problems they fix arent crpg problems, but Warband problems. So obviously they want your support more on Battlegrounds. Cause if they get their game finished, Warband is technically competition and Crpg is supporting competition.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #112 on: April 12, 2015, 09:19:24 pm »
+2
Dunno though why devs can not respond to some most vocal requsts like restart the servers. Simple no, we won't change it because: reasons/there's no need to change it (I have no clue if there's need to restart it)/sth would be enough.

Personally, and only personally, I think recent lag spikes have nothing to do with the servers. The same shit happens on native servers a lot too in recent times. Might be something entirely different causing it, but idk.

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #113 on: April 12, 2015, 09:31:00 pm »
+1
Well, I tried the repair function multiple times and it doesn't fix wrong/missing/floating textures for me ...

Oh... That's unfortunate :?. Still, we have a team working on it. Just takes time I guess...

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Perverz

• Earl
  • Renown: 381
  • Infamy: 180
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Barabe_Perverz
« Reply #114 on: April 12, 2015, 10:09:55 pm »
+1
I got cancer reading this shit.
 But obviously braindeads like you

nice language
BARABE:
those without the necessary properties of good in human society, coarse, vulgar and violent man, scumbags

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #115 on: April 12, 2015, 10:25:57 pm »
+6
So much hate for changes made, no appreciation for the efforts. Im surprised we still have a small dev team working on cRPG, but props to them. Id rather see the people complaining about how everything is broken and needs fixing without putting any effort into even mentioning how its broken and what could be done to change it leave (much less making an effort in learning how to code to help), than the current devs just because some changes theyve made could be seen as bad or questionable.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1196
  • Infamy: 1137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 12, 2015, 10:28:34 pm »
Warband animations aren't broken that's for sure. I have feeling if they were to replace them all with *improved* animations, this mod would feel like War of the Roses.

Offline Senni__Ti

• Earl
  • Renown: 472
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Senni_Ti
  • IRC nick: Senni
« Reply #117 on: April 12, 2015, 10:56:14 pm »
+2
Native animations are perfect, please don't touch anymore. If you don't believe me, fire up native go to duel server and enjoy fluidity of motion Great Sword has. It is a joy to play with it.

Animation you've cooked up is very effective because it can be spammed but it feels and looks awful.
Warband animations aren't broken that's for sure. I have feeling if they were to replace them all with *improved* animations, this mod would feel like War of the Roses.
Define broken?

From my point of view, any animation with clipping or weird unrealistic movements are broken.

I know my replacement for the 2h stab isn't perfect, and I'll continue to work on it. (focusing on improving sweetspot and fluidity)
But the old animation was just plain broken, a relic that somehow got missed when they replaced the others. (There is actually a similar animation to the one I made in human_anims, skeletons.brf in common resources; didn't see it at the time I made mine, or I would have improved that one)
It was a very basic animation, very few frames with tonnes of clipping.

There are other animations like this, and plenty of other cool stuff we can do with more animations.

I agree native is fluid, but it's far from perfect.

Offline En_Dotter

• Earl
  • Renown: 330
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Main: Qunicy_En_Dotter; Alts: Guardian_En_Dotter; Guardian_Spiralle
« Reply #118 on: April 12, 2015, 11:22:38 pm »
I just know i will never buy it and i will tell everyone who asks me about the M:BG not to buy it. Why? Cus cRPG has be made into shit over a long time. Its been "balanced" by the will of a few with not sense of the meaning of the word "balance".
So, yes, simple.
Do not waste ur money on a product that is sure to frustrate u after some time cus devs will start a new project and keep this one destroyed. Or if they dont start a new project they will keep "balancing" the game by constant buffs and nerfs instead of trying to find the real reasons for changes and doing some useful changes.
So again, i will never buy something from this dev team, and i rly wish nobody does.

Nothing is better than eternal happiness.
Eating a sandwich is better than nothing.
Therefore, eating a sandwich is better than eternal happiness.

Offline Utrakil

• Marshall
  • Renown: 885
  • Infamy: 182
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Randwig; Gerwin; Marketenderin; Fletcher
« Reply #119 on: April 12, 2015, 11:29:49 pm »
I just know i will never buy it and i will tell everyone who asks me about the M:BG not to buy it. Why? Cus cRPG has be made into shit over a long time. Its been "balanced" by the will of a few with not sense of the meaning of the word "balance".
So, yes, simple.
Do not waste ur money on a product that is sure to frustrate u after some time cus devs will start a new project and keep this one destroyed. Or if they dont start a new project they will keep "balancing" the game by constant buffs and nerfs instead of trying to find the real reasons for changes and doing some useful changes.
So again, i will never buy something from this dev team, and i rly wish nobody does.
You didn't read anything of the above.Did you?
Or is this ironic?