Poll

What do you think should be done?

Increase battle/siege/rageball rewards to become superior to DTV again (DTV untouched).
Decrease DTV rewards a little and also increase the other game-modes' rewards.
Decrease DTV rewards back to the old version.
Remove DTV game-mode completely.
Other (discuss).

Author Topic: Adjust xp & gold gain  (Read 3089 times)

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
Adjust xp & gold gain
« on: March 13, 2015, 12:09:33 pm »
+20
We all know that, on top of the fewer population, a lot of people have started playing DTV instead of battle/siege, just for the rewards, thus involuntarily contributing to battle/siege's "death".

The typical solution in cRPG, I guess, would be to nerf DTV rewards back, leaving them inferior to the other game-modes in average.

My suggestion is the opposite: increase the rewards of every other game-mode, making DTV inferior again - not a grind game-mode but the newbies and noobs game-mode it always was. :)

You may think this solution would be too much, making levelling up too easy, or "destroying" the concept of cRPG, but, at this stage, I think that boosting xp and gold gain would actually attract more players, both old and new. Given the current population, I think that faster levelling up and heirloom acquisition would be motivating. I think the concept of cRPG is not just levels or the grind, but the best modification of Warband, with its unique different game mechanics and features, and the optimization with WSE2, and, by shortening the grind, the mod would be more dynamic.

By tripling the rewards (both xp and gold) of Battle and Siege, these game-modes would yield more rewards than DTV again, and, at the same time, still be more fun (to a lot of people), and, if you think about it, e.g. a Battle round with x5 that ends in 4 minutes would give you 3750 gold (DTV max reward is 3000 gold), and, if the round lasted longer, even more gold. The xp gain would also be higher than DTV's maximum.

If you think it's too much of an increase, you could tone it all down, including DTV, but I suggest both xp and gold rewards stay higher than the old. Best game mechanics + smaller grind = more dynamism + more players.

Offline Richyy

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • ¤=[]:::::>
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Richy_ / xDan / Rychi
  • IRC nick: Richy
Re: Adjust xp & gold gain
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015, 12:25:09 pm »
x1 on battle and siege will give 1m on each ticket
(click to show/hide)

Offline Hecur

• Knight
  • Renown: 73
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile

Offline War_Ferret

• Count
  • Renown: 182
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2015, 04:38:03 pm »
+2
Make rewards the same for all modes. It's only fair and ppl don't have to pick a mode because of them. Decrease gold gain a little for all I care, but leave xp the way it is in dtv. So I can at least dream of level 38. The rate of gold gain is only relevant for those who have saved a lot anyway.

Offline WarLord

• Earl
  • Renown: 354
  • Infamy: 30
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2015, 04:50:15 pm »
[Y]es. Increasing battle/siege xp and/or gold would make me never again leec.. erm play on DTV, maybe only on very rare occasions.  :mrgreen:

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2015, 06:02:13 pm »
Make rewards the same for all modes. It's only fair and ppl don't have to pick a mode because of them. Decrease gold gain a little for all I care, but leave xp the way it is in dtv. So I can at least dream of level 38. The rate of gold gain is only relevant for those who have saved a lot anyway.

Please tell me you havent grinded DTV purely up to level 37..
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2118
  • Infamy: 1734
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2015, 06:11:49 pm »
Leave balancing to me, and I promise things will be million times better than now :D

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2015, 06:28:28 pm »
Leave balancing to me, and I promise things will be million times better than now :D

Yay for a new dawn, a strength whores world, long live plate!
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.

Offline War_Ferret

• Count
  • Renown: 182
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2015, 07:47:07 pm »
Please tell me you havent grinded DTV purely up to level 37..

Just mostly...

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2015, 08:04:43 pm »
+9
Yes, we need more reward for playing a real game mode. Why are people rewarded more for making a shield wall and spamming up swing against retarded AI bots? I actually broke down and tried DTV a few times over the week because nobody else is playing battle, and I can see why. I managed to make insane gold compared to battle, while wearing full plate and doing nothing but sitting behind a shield wall and spamming up swing. It is fucking retarded that people are rewarded more for exploiting shitty bot AI rather than actually playing against people that can fight back.
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1518
  • Infamy: 1540
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2015, 01:10:32 am »
Yay for a new dawn, a strength whores world, long live plate!

Would revert things to pre Tydeus patch. Only thing I would keep is wpf synergy and would buff it quite a bit. That is all.

Offline NJ_Legion_Icedtea

• Count
  • Renown: 259
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norsemen
  • Game nicks: Norse_Icedtea
  • IRC nick: Icedtea
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2015, 10:50:09 pm »
Yesterday I retired, went onto DTV at level 1 and after the round of peasants I got to level 8 :D

DTV is the only game mode I really enjoy right now though and when its completely populated and I can't get on it sucks. Send the leechers back! :D

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 189
  • Infamy: 2726
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2015, 11:59:04 pm »
I'd prefer mod that doesn't involve american devs. Just look at other medieval games made by american devs, they all suck.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2015, 01:29:50 am »
+1
Psssssssh, why dont you prefer the gimped version of Native combat that you get from the rich PvP experience of crpg?

That's what all the pros here prefer and we all want to be like them right?

People that roam the forums actually enjoy the game too, thats very surprising!

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2015, 02:24:17 pm »
+9
I used to play Battle all the time since I started playing cRPG. I was never a good player, but I really enjoyed the game-mode. Then DTV was added, and I liked it, in all its different forms. But, after playing DTV too much, I got too used to the bad monotonous "skill" of bots and I lost skill for "PvP". On top of that, I have the same ADSL connection since I started playing cRPG, while a lot of players have gotten much better connections, leaving me with x2, x3, or even more the ping of the average player, making it nearly impossible to block fast attacks (and a lot of players now use fast weapons and have high wpf). So I gave up on "PvP" until I got a better connection.

I enjoy DTV because it's a much more relaxed game-mode where you can chat a lot more since bots generally take time to run to us each wave, and it has its moments. It's also good practice for beginners. But what it shouldn't be is a repetitive and dull exploitable game-mode, where you just play with 1 hand if you're 2h/pole or you're AFK if you're a shielder, while, at the same time, you are getting much more xp and gold than in "PvP".

I want DTV to be a secondary game-mode again, where noobs like me play because they enjoy it and not because it's a grindfest. And that's also where Uther's suggestion comes into play.