Author Topic: War is over! Good Fight  (Read 17670 times)

Offline Dutchydave

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 178
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: LL_greatsage, Die_In_A_Fire, Dutchy, Halfcast, basic
War is over! Good Fight
« on: March 10, 2015, 09:09:14 am »
+2
^^^^^^
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 06:33:59 am by Dutchydave »

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
Re: Legionaries Declare Eternal War on Acre and their Vassals
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 09:24:33 am »
+3
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline W0LF

• Baron
  • Renown: 148
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: W0LF
  • IRC nick: W0LF
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 12:41:27 pm »
+1
RIP Strat

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 04:09:59 pm »

Offline Delson

• Earl
  • Renown: 418
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • NA or Any?
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Delson
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 07:44:50 pm »
+3
so whats new?

Offline W0LF

• Baron
  • Renown: 148
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: W0LF
  • IRC nick: W0LF
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2015, 08:04:40 pm »
+1
so whats new?
It seems dutchy still doesnt like us and doesnt even want us to start again on strat. Unlike the wardens who are being very nice by letting us. But then again are we really that suprised that he did this? :rolleyes:

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2015, 09:55:38 pm »
+7
It seems dutchy still doesnt like us and doesnt even want us to start again on strat.

I wouldn't count yourselves out just yet. From what I hear we Wardens will do our very best to balance out the rosters in this conflict. I've spoken with Dutchy and he openly accepts the fact that we may merc against him, so there are no "Well we don't want to anger anyone, so we won't fight" excuses to be heard on our behalf. If both sides can provide some decent gear, this could shape up to be one of the more interesting wars in recent memory.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2015, 10:57:47 pm »
+3
WOT?

shieeeeeet remember the good ole days, when there was TOO many applicants. it was great, had a great atmosphere of "may the best clan win" and may shit clans get wiped.

even now when the m.o.d.is.d.e.a.d. that atmosphere should remain, its a war game or its nothing, and EVERY clan has gone through the dreaded "not enough mercs to win" from clans where a majority of the player base likes them, to clans where the player base hates them.

now we gotta have even rosters to help clans that cant get people to clan for them...

fuck that, im going legion every battle. this is war ya? i have my enemy, i have my side, and you stick to that path, where ever the fuck it goes, even to the bitter end if thats how it plays out.
and if its your side thats losing... ffs man up and stay the fucking course, keep fighting, i mean jesus christ if there is anyone to here to preach about hard times and lack of mercs, Dutchy is your man, and LL STILL FOUGHT ON. no matter how much\bad they lost, they were a constant thorn in the sides of their enemies, as well as providing entertainment and XP for the community.

NEVER GIVE UP! NEVER SURRENDER! or...GET THE FUCK OUT

*drops mic*
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2015, 11:24:48 pm »
+2
Well, luckily they have to cross through a bunch of desert to get to you guys. Acre you have my support on your roster for what its worth  :)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Dr_Device

• Knight
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2015, 11:47:22 pm »
+1
Something something Legionaires are douchebags.

Let's ignore that there are only two superpowers left in Strat and just have them stay buttbuddied with each other and bully the smaller remaining factions instead. Strat's dead. GG.

Offline Tiptoen

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2015, 02:21:50 am »
+1
I'm just thinking that the legionaries want to be wiped from strat, So i pledge that i will destroy all of their army's and take all of their fiefs. :twisted:

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2015, 02:23:29 am »
Acre had been establishing a Trade Federation in the south as James received word of the declaration. He was amused by the fact that the Dutchy felt the need to make an open declaration. After his insults, threats and rages in countless personal letters it was clear to all of Acre what his intentions were.

In a letter to the realm James wrote

"Brothers, Sisters, Friends, Old Enemies, People of Calradia,
We have not been the aggressor since leaving the combat zone between Legionaires and Kingdoms of the North (RIP) in accordance with the terms of the Legionaires and have in good faith been rebuilding. They again come to war with us, with the goal of wiping us from the map as described to me personally by their leader.

In this unjust war of personal hatred by the tyrannical Dutchy, of the Legionaires, I appeal to all of you to fight alongside the Acre Trade Federation. Let us preserve the right of Traders across the realm! We will fight to the end. Glory, Gold, and Silver await those who aid our holy Trade Federation!"

(click to show/hide)

Offline CALAMARI

• Earl
  • Renown: 350
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2015, 03:03:48 am »
It's been like 30 days since Dutchy broke off from Acre. That's plenty of time to rebuild from scratch; Let alone sucking all the hard work off Legitimate businessmen. James was sitting outside New Durquba with 110,000 crates when I saw him two days ago. Dutchy, I say to you;            No Remorse, No mercy!

Offline GandalfJr

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
  • fat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sloths
  • Game nicks: Cleveland
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2015, 06:13:22 am »
+2
WOT?

shieeeeeet remember the good ole days, when there was TOO many applicants. it was great, had a great atmosphere of "may the best clan win" and may shit clans get wiped.

even now when the m.o.d.is.d.e.a.d. that atmosphere should remain, its a war game or its nothing, and EVERY clan has gone through the dreaded "not enough mercs to win" from clans where a majority of the player base likes them, to clans where the player base hates them.

now we gotta have even rosters to help clans that cant get people to clan for them...

fuck that, im going legion every battle. this is war ya? i have my enemy, i have my side, and you stick to that path, where ever the fuck it goes, even to the bitter end if thats how it plays out.
and if its your side thats losing... ffs man up and stay the fucking course, keep fighting, i mean jesus christ if there is anyone to here to preach about hard times and lack of mercs, Dutchy is your man, and LL STILL FOUGHT ON. no matter how much\bad they lost, they were a constant thorn in the sides of their enemies, as well as providing entertainment and XP for the community.

NEVER GIVE UP! NEVER SURRENDER! or...GET THE FUCK OUT

*drops mic*
Do you never shut the fuck up about the old c-rpg? Every single shitty reply I've seen on the forums you've complained about the updates. If you don't get the message yet I don't think they're reverting m8, so please do everyone a favor and stop replying XOXO<3
balls are like boobs

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 727
  • Infamy: 207
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 13 Knights, HCE
  • Game nicks: Jerk, Asshole, Dumbass, etc.
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2015, 08:21:53 am »
+8
Um, no cassus belli?  Just a war based on tribal hatred then.  Damn, bloody steppe folk.

But this:
I wouldn't count yourselves out just yet. From what I hear we Wardens will do our very best to balance out the rosters in this conflict. I've spoken with Dutchy and he openly accepts the fact that we may merc against him, so there are no "Well we don't want to anger anyone, so we won't fight" excuses to be heard on our behalf. If both sides can provide some decent gear, this could shape up to be one of the more interesting wars in recent memory.

This gives me hope.  Strat is no fun when there are 'game changers' all on one side.  When you battle, but look at the scores and realize three of the enemy will win the game.  For us barely adequate players, this kills the fun.  We try do our bit, but we know the only benefit we are doing is wrecking armour.  When loss is inevitable, the fun just stops.

I would like to take a moment to remind people of the great battles we had in 'The War of the North'.  Some times we were ganked, and sometimes we ganked.  But mostly it was even battles that kept you on the edge of your seat til the very end.  And those battles were the ones that kept people excited about strat.

Cuz strat is NOT about winning or losing.  Its about making a good story line.  When I was the Winter King, I never attacked Ismirila village.  I could have, but that would have been cheap and cheezy.  Instead we had a series of inconclusive field battles.  Which everyone loved.

The really sad thing about Strat is that there is no strategy.  It's all about rosters.  If I had a thousand man shiny army, with Jack1 (RIP), Jona, JayJrod, Plumbo, St. Joan and my lads Albus and Sitvek in my roster I could conquer the whole map.  Sad, but true.

There is nothing worse than building a beautiful army, then losing it due to bad roster support.  I know, I had it happen several times.

So please!  Quit your Strat bro-coding!  I've fought against all my friends, and no one has hated me for it yet.  I switch sides constantly, and all I get is praise from my 'enemies'