Author Topic: Ballista bugs  (Read 397 times)

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
Ballista bugs
« on: March 08, 2015, 05:40:26 pm »
+3
I will write about the ballista bugs I've found so far (at least the most game-breaking) in DTV. If you find any others, post here.

• Invisible polearm that appears in your hands when you spawn, but with which you can't attack or block or do anything. When you drop it, an item appears on the ground (this time a shield) (but if you pick it up it's still that invisible useless weapon). Sometimes, it keeps reappearing in your hands right after dropping it, often very repeatedly. I don't know if this happens outside of DTV, but, in DTV, it happens often. I'm not sure, but I think it's easier to get rid of it (not having it respawn in your hands) if you wait until round start countdown has ended before dropping it. My guess is it might have to do with ballista occupying 1 slot when you use it?
    (click to show/hide)
  • Spawn at ballista - when a new round starts, you spawn using a ballista instead of at spawn, and you can't "escape" unless you press F (re-use the ballista) and then move.
  • Teleportation when a player is very close to the ballista (or clipping through it) and then another player starts using it and then aims up. The first player is instantly teleported to a location very far away and high up. Sad_Hobo showed me this bug, so credits go to him. Note that I forgot to take a screenshot of the ballista we used, but it's the one to the right of the front gate, like 50 metres away from where he ended up, and that roof is unreachable without this bug.
    (click to show/hide)

Offline Casul

• King
  • Renown: 1010
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • I like animals
    • View Profile
  • Faction: plate goons club, Krems
  • Game nicks: Cassi, Antarctica
  • IRC nick: Cassi
Re: Ballista bugs
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2015, 05:55:56 pm »
+1
As Sad_Hobo already mentioned, it mostly ends in a instant splat bug caused death.

I also have a bug which appears sometimes, but I havent taken any screenshots so far, hopefully I can catch it up.

Sometimes when you aim, the camera switches to 3rd person and you cant change it anymore, makes aiming very hard. 
I also had camera issues in general after that because I had to play with anything between 1st and 3rd person, only seeing my head.  A bit like zooming but a litte bit more.
Maybe if Coronoa virus gets rid of 50 percent or more of the world population we can do without a pope and religion.

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 09:21:42 pm »
Try pressing "x" when you use a ballista. It switches between first person and third person cameras.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2015, 10:26:55 pm »

2.  Spawn at ballista - when a new round starts, you spawn using a ballista instead of at spawn, and you can't "escape" unless you press F (re-use the ballista) and then move.

Not sure if this happens all the time when you spawn at a ballista, but one time some of us were hanging out in DTV and a friend was using a ballista at the end of the round. He spawned at the ballista at the start of the next round (can you ever spawn at the ballista unless you are currently using it when the round ends?) and simply said "Oh shit, sorry guys." Then the server crashed, we all got kicked, and the map rotation started over. I asked him what he knew about that glitch and he just said that whenever he had spawned at the ballista in the past the server crashes, so that's why he apologized in advance. No one really knows how to trigger that glitch, but needless to say it is the single most game-breaking one of them all.

That teleportation glitch was reported ages ago, and still nothing has been done to fix it. Ballistas cause more harm than good, to be quite honest. In NA at least we will sometimes tell the noobs to steer clear of the ballistas if we're on a decent map/getting far since too many good runs had been ruined by a server crash in the past. This is one reason why we need more old maps back, they didn't have ballistas all over that crash the server.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2015, 03:33:37 pm »
I think to recall I have spawned at a ballista when I hadn't even touched it before on that map.