• King
  • Renown: 2596
  • Infamy: 507
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Grind
« on: March 06, 2015, 11:18:00 pm »
Many of us veterans are level 37 and reaching next level seems impossible (next gen medieval games will come out before that happens). Can you halve the experience needed for level 38 so that we can at least pretend that we want to play with our mains?

Offline Finse

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Finse, Hated
Re: Grind
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 11:50:26 pm »
+3
Many of us veterans are level 37 and reaching next level seems impossible (next gen medieval games will come out before that happens). Can you halve the experience needed for level 38 so that we can at least pretend that we want to play with our mains?

Too make veterans even better? (or more op)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 1696
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 11:56:05 pm »
+2
Dunno about that, but people mostly play their alts because of no incentive to play mains.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2015, 12:32:21 am »
+2
How about the incentive is to play this mod that you apparently enjoy with the highly-optimized build that you want? Seriously, if you are here only to grind you need to rethink your definition of fun.  :rolleyes:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2015, 12:32:54 am »
+3
Be happy lvl 37 is a softcap, not a hardcap, so the tryhards among us can be tryhards and go higher. Every RPG in the world has some sort of level cap, and it's good the way it is, because level caps are also addiction caps. If you could just go as high as you wanted, some crazy people would actually do that, and not only ruin their real life, but also ruin the fun for all noobs, casuals and promoted noobs (read: veterans).
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2332
  • Infamy: 691
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2015, 01:22:28 am »
How about the incentive is to play this mod that you apparently enjoy with the highly-optimized build that you want? Seriously, if you are here only to grind you need to rethink your definition of fun.  :rolleyes:

This mod severely lacks responsiveness compared with native. On one side is responsiveness of native and populated servers, on the other side is addictive grind of cRPG and item variety. Since I'm kinda broken person (something that can be said for most people who play this mod), it is hard for me to let go playing cRPG. From objective perspective, there is no point in playing cRPG in current stage. People just play it because it offer them false impression they are progressing somewhere, but they really don't.

Unlocking further progression from level 37 which is soft cap, will help make that illusion more believable.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2015, 01:41:41 am »
+1
All the guys that retired pre-patch got their levels in the hall of fame increased according to the new requirements for their title, so legendary went from 36 -> 39. Heck, I think I'd actually be pretty close to the old level 36 by now, yet I'm still roughly 4.5 billion xp away from the new legendary requirement.  :lol:

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 643
  • Infamy: 2532
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2015, 01:43:30 am »
Kinngrimm retired at lvl 39.45... ahahahaha

And here we are acknowledging that lvl 38 is unreachable for any normal person playing this game

I agree with OP though, when the patch happened that increased the levels i saw i was now lvl 37, saw how far away 38 was, and knew that'd never happen. I know we shouldnt play for the grind, and most people claim they dont play for grind, but it's no secret that this is bullshit, increase exp in DTV and everyone goes there, full server most of the day. We're hooked to the grind whether we like it or not, atm i'm playing characters i dont like as much as my pure-str main cos i need looms and i'm not retiring my 37 main to get them, fuck getting back up there again

Kinngrimm is bit of an ass (just like me). But his main problem that he was an outsider just like I am. Never managed to integrate himself into little company chadz created around himself. He even went so far to try to aggravate them, which only made things worse. In the end, he probably grow so frustrated with the mod, which he put on a very high pedestal and truly believed that he must continue what he did in this mod in new mod or game chadz was making. Most of us who spent thousands of hours playing this had rough times when we took this mod too seriously and most of us suffer from "mod/chadz owes us" syndrome. Easy to recognize when people are in that phase. With kinngrimm that was on another level. Wasn't here when he retired, but I bet it was very hard for him emotionally because he was truly attached to this mod.

But what I'm suggesting here has nothing to do with kinngrimm or "they owe us" mentality. It is simply suggestion to give something to high levels to look after because there is very little left to occupy us. It is not a request. And it is very simple to implement, unlike something most people desire (weekly heirloom exchange) which involves coding by Harald who can't be arsed anymore.

You can agree or disagree, it is just a suggestion.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 898
  • Infamy: 1581
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2015, 01:56:39 am »
It isn't about level or amount of XP, it is about progression. If I was like Hetman for example, by this time I would be level 38 and still would have the same problem. But in that case, there would be me and Hetman and maybe few others. Handful people and their desires aren't important really. But there seems to be a lot of level 37 people who don't play their mains for reasons stated.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2015, 02:01:21 am »
+1
I agree that once you reach level 37 (well, for most people anyways) it is kind of depressing thinking "well, this is it... my build is complete and I've reached the end." However if 38 gave you attribute/skill points the same as every other level up does, and it was much easier to reach, then the average level would go up even more, and to be honest having the game-breaking average level of 36-37 is already way too high. If they made it so you stopped getting useful things at level 37, and each level afterwards was simply to enable you to get a better title upon retirement, or maybe a title without even retiring, or maybe an instant loompoint, etc., then I see no reason not to lower the xp required for subsequent levels.

And yes HESKEY, they toyed with the values of the hall of fame to accommodate the new leveling system. Took me a while to understand what happened first time I looked at it as well. Really, Kinngrimm just retired at 36.45 and they added 3 levels to it. I would bet that, despite the fact this community has a large number of sperglords, no single player has gained enough xp in their entire crpg career to have reached level 39 by now, even if they never retired. 5 BILLION is an insane amount of xp to grind... aldogalus was the highest leveled player in all of NA, maybe the entire mod... he was 37 pre-patch of destiny. The old level 37 was at 1 billion or so xp. Aldo never retired (as far as I know) and he played very often (I personally saw him almost every time I played), for roughly 4 years straight. All that time, only to get to 1 billion. To put things into perspective, it would take him another 16 years to get to level 39 in the new xp system.