Author Topic: Homeworld: Desert of Kharak  (Read 3543 times)

Offline Jacko

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fffnanguard!
  • Game nicks: Jacko
Re: Homeworld Remastered
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2016, 02:15:32 pm »
+1

Soon! If reviews are decent I'll pick this up for sure.
Monkeys!

Offline Jacko

• OKAM Developer
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
Re: Homeworld Remastered
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2016, 01:14:17 pm »

This is looking damn fine.
Monkeys!

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
Re: Homeworld: Desert of Kharak
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2016, 01:54:01 pm »
+1
I fear I'll part with the shekels to pre-order it.

I deeply adored the first Homeworld. Played through the campaign as a wee lad, and imo it really sort of holds up as art; absolutely astonishing the whole way through. Never got to Cata or Homeworld 2.

Doesn't seem like much to go on, but the multiplayer component of this seems as though they're at least attempting to make competitive sorts of play viable. That attracts me greatly; combined with the potential for even 1/2 of the original Homeworld's quality has me all but sold.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2016, 10:45:31 pm »
I fear I'll part with the shekels to pre-order it.

I deeply adored the first Homeworld. Played through the campaign as a wee lad, and imo it really sort of holds up as art; absolutely astonishing the whole way through. Never got to Cata or Homeworld 2.

Doesn't seem like much to go on, but the multiplayer component of this seems as though they're at least attempting to make competitive sorts of play viable. That attracts me greatly; combined with the potential for even 1/2 of the original Homeworld's quality has me all but sold.

Homeworld 1 was amazing. Homeworld 2 was a disappointment but mostly because of the fleet limits being so restrictive to me compared to homeworld 1. I loved to salvage fucking everything. Like in mission 4 when you have like 6 ion frigates pop up around your mothership, I'd have salvage frigates waiting right where they jumped in. They wouldn't get a shot off. It was a beaautiful sight.

Or the mission with a thousand ships (I don't remember the exact number) protecting the jump to the homeworld. Oh shit. Salvaging all those ships took forever.

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2016, 06:26:25 am »
+1
Homeworld 1 was amazing. Homeworld 2 was a disappointment but mostly because of the fleet limits being so restrictive to me compared to homeworld 1. I loved to salvage fucking everything. Like in mission 4 when you have like 6 ion frigates pop up around your mothership, I'd have salvage frigates waiting right where they jumped in. They wouldn't get a shot off. It was a beaautiful sight.

Or the mission with a thousand ships (I don't remember the exact number) protecting the jump to the homeworld. Oh shit. Salvaging all those ships took forever.

Oh, yeah, of course I remember that. The "Ion Array Frigates" that pop up just a bit before you get the tech for your own Ion Frigates. So fukken sweet to salvage those things. Pretty damn tough to salvage anything with guns, though. Think the largest vessel I took in campaign was a destroyer. Took 5 salvage frigates, I think? Maybe just 3 or 4.

I never did get around to playing multiplayer in a competitive fashion, though. Just too young, with dialup. I bet that was the SHIT.

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2016, 06:30:11 am »
+1
Oh, yeah, of course I remember that. The "Ion Array Frigates" that pop up just a bit before you get the tech for your own Ion Frigates. So fukken sweet to salvage those things. Pretty damn tough to salvage anything with guns, though. Think the largest vessel I took in campaign was a destroyer. Took 5 salvage frigates, I think? Maybe just 3 or 4.

I never did get around to playing multiplayer in a competitive fashion, though. Just too young, with dialup. I bet that was the SHIT.
back when me and my buds used to play it we called salvage frigates twinkies(because they kinda looked like twinkies). So we would all make twinkie armies and try to steal each others fleets. It was pretty fun

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2016, 06:23:32 pm »

I never did much either but I played some games with friends of mine that got into it and it was hilarious. One of my friends was better than me at it and rekt me but instead of finishing me off, he made like a ton of minelayer corvettes and just laid mines all around my mothership. He just laughed as the mines slowly moved towards my mothership. I watched and could do nothing.

My other friend liked to build up and that was all he was doing. That was a fun match mostly because he kept making frigates. He had a shitload of them but I sneaked up on his mothership from behind with a bunch of destroyers, missile destroyers and a carrier. He didnt have them in formation, just in line as they were cranked out so he had no defense. I destroyed his mothership so fast and he was so pissed lol. He had a ton more ships than me too.

Offline Jacko

• OKAM Developer
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2016, 07:19:58 pm »