Author Topic: Recommended TES: Oblivion Mods  (Read 2955 times)

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
Re: Recommended TES: Oblivion Mods
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2015, 02:08:15 pm »
Dude I know. I'm scared of everything in OOO. Can't do shit to stuff lol. I found a cave with naked women.. figured well then.. this'll be easy. Fucking killed me in 2 hits and they take 50. Amazon man eaters or w/e their name was. I killed one.. thought maybe I'd do the rest.. there's 4 more and they're all near each other with at least one of them as an archer that can one hit me. I got the fuck out of dodge.

It makes the game much harder.. not sure I like it or not so far but at least I'm not cruising through no problem.

Why didn't you fuck them? Get some mods and sex them Taseru
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2015, 04:46:03 pm »
Dude I know. I'm scared of everything in OOO. Can't do shit to stuff lol. I found a cave with naked women.. figured well then.. this'll be easy. Fucking killed me in 2 hits and they take 50. Amazon man eaters or w/e their name was. I killed one.. thought maybe I'd do the rest.. there's 4 more and they're all near each other with at least one of them as an archer that can one hit me. I got the fuck out of dodge.

It makes the game much harder.. not sure I like it or not so far but at least I'm not cruising through no problem.
Those Amazons are some of the highest level critters you can find in the mod. Difficulty for dungeons are set like in Skyrim so that the farther out into the wilderness you wander the more dangerous it will be.

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2015, 06:57:28 pm »
Those Amazons are some of the highest level critters you can find in the mod. Difficulty for dungeons are set like in Skyrim so that the farther out into the wilderness you wander the more dangerous it will be.

They're right next to the Imperial City....that's not that far from the starting area :P

Also ptx, that bandit leader kicked my arse....

Offline Angantyr

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2015, 08:19:17 pm »
Ha ha, pretty sure I remember running in there as low level once myself now that you mention it   :wink:

Also, iirc, you had to use that 4gb patcher thing to actually allow the game to use more memory?
Just installed it myself and no there's no 4gb patcher thingie required - what installation description are you looking at?

Otherwise just use this one: http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/44629/?

It's simple drag'n'drop into your data folder and then activating the esps in the Oblivion launcher (with no need for third party software) and it's done.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2015, 08:29:55 pm »
That's one of the problems of those leveling mods. You need to train in easier areas first.

They're right next to the Imperial City....that's not that far from the starting area :P

Also ptx, that bandit leader kicked my arse....

As he mentioned.. its literally like 50 feet from the imperial city. First cave I saw leaving the stables outside the imperial city. It was right near the bridge leading out.

But lol as long as it works.. I guess I'll manage. I just keep getting my ass kicked. Stuff does a lot more damage now. I got one hit by a mature slaughterfish trying to do that scale quest for the old man. I keep trying lol but still it ain't easy cruising anymore. Kind of like it as long as I have a chance to get better.

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2015, 08:53:53 pm »
Ye that's how I'm feeling at the moment. As long as late game I don't continue to die then it's cool :D

Just took over a castle (some other mod i'd forgotten abouyt) but even those marauders almost kicked my arse haha

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2015, 09:21:49 pm »
Started it as a Heavy Armor/Blocking/Blades Nord, with a 2h Claymore. Killed that bandit ringleader in that Ayleid or whatwasitcalled ruin, got to the ghosts in one of the deeper levels. Yeah, don't try ghosts at level 1.

Been doing quite well. Only level 2 now, but got myself a silver claymore and a bunch of Dwemer armor pieces from two dead raiders i found, after i killed off the bandits, that had taken them. Feels good man.

That's Vilverin, the Oblivion equivalent of Embershard Mine in that's its a dungeon designed for players that just finished the intro. Both are very well designed, well beyond most other random dungeons. It's kinda shady because chances are it's the first thing you will explore, and it will give you the illusion that exploration is always that rewarding, even though it's not.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2015, 03:38:19 am »
That's Vilverin, the Oblivion equivalent of Embershard Mine in that's its a dungeon designed for players that just finished the intro. Both are very well designed, well beyond most other random dungeons. It's kinda shady because chances are it's the first thing you will explore, and it will give you the illusion that exploration is always that rewarding, even though it's not.

Lol....Embershard Mine got nothing on Vilverin. Sure maybe the first part with bandits would be comparable to Embershard Mine. But not the depths below that. It's a pretty damn big place especially in comparison to Embershard Mine.

Oh and spooky as fuck.

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2015, 05:22:18 pm »
Lol....Embershard Mine got nothing on Vilverin. Sure maybe the first part with bandits would be comparable to Embershard Mine. But not the depths below that. It's a pretty damn big place especially in comparison to Embershard Mine.

Oh and spooky as fuck.

Yeah, Embershard Mine got nothing on Vilverin, but it still serves the same purpose.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2015, 06:59:13 pm »
Yeah, Embershard Mine got nothing on Vilverin, but it still serves the same purpose.

Yeah, maybe first part with the bandits only. But not the lower levels necessarily. Anyhow, as long as you get graphics mods, sex mods, and all DLCs you're good to go.

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2015, 08:03:17 pm »
Yeah, maybe first part with the bandits only. But not the lower levels necessarily. Anyhow, as long as you get graphics mods, sex mods, and all DLCs you're good to go.

dont forget Unnecessary violence mod!
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2015, 08:31:12 pm »
dont forget Unnecessary violence mod!

Bill'O'Rly wouldn't liek dat tho

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2015, 09:28:34 pm »
Bill'O'Rly wouldn't liek dat tho

There's no words there.

Offline Angantyr

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2015, 07:14:11 pm »

Ah, thought you meant for the OOO installation.

But lol as long as it works.. I guess I'll manage. I just keep getting my ass kicked. Stuff does a lot more damage now. I got one hit by a mature slaughterfish trying to do that scale quest for the old man. I keep trying lol but still it ain't easy cruising anymore. Kind of like it as long as I have a chance to get better.
Yeah, OOO is really challenging on low level but yes it will be better later on, while compared to vanilla some dungeons will even be really tough for end game characters (for example the base of the Altmer expeditionary force).

Dialogue in this game is as bad as I remember, just embarrasing for a TES title.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 02:38:47 pm by Angantyr »