Author Topic: What would make you come back?  (Read 4154 times)

Offline spiritus

• Baron
  • Renown: 97
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Spiritus_de_Deceptio ---- Beeep
What would make you come back?
« on: December 24, 2014, 11:42:57 am »
+2
What would make you come to back to CRPG? If anything about the game could be changed, what would you change?

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
Re: What would make you come back?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2014, 12:22:57 pm »
+5
I am just looking for that minimum 50 population on siege, which was what one would definitely get in the late afternoon. People have stopped playing due to reasons like new games, boredom, incoming holiday etc.

I am so tired of this game too. I am tired of raging at my old friendchers or other classes. Still, I know I can always have fun with a good population. That is not what we get anymore. Nowadays, 30 is the maximum number you usually get on siege. I don't like battle, duel or DTV. So, it is all pretty much over for me.

Summary: I am not even gone yet. I just need the old player numbers to keep playing.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2741
  • Infamy: 344
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2014, 02:27:15 pm »
+1
After seing how lax attitude on native server is about everything, would like some of those in cRPG as well. First, no more additional gold sinks (upkeep can stay, but auctions, taxes and other crap should go). No more artificial limiters of any kind, neither limiting original game mechanics or 20% XP loss or 7 day free respec, stuff like that are baggage of the past. Further tuning of levels, less grind, toned down stats to reflect native a bit more. Loom bonuses to be completely removed or rebalanced so they have downsides too.

Basically I want more stable native, with much larger item pool to choose from, with perma chars, but without all the cRPG downsides. And I want people to actually play it, like 100 at any given time like it is in native. Until Bannerlord or Melee comes out (hopefully without all the horrible cRPG design decisions).

And bring back deployable ladders, add new and awesome maps people on native play, remove many map restrictions (Mustikki, Ozin and Fips ruined maps with ghost fences). Add more items (Battle of Europe has many unique parts, not sure they are free to use in other mods). Also add boats and baloons, they are fricking awesome!

People have stopped playing due to reasons like new games, boredom, incoming holiday etc.

That has to be the biggest bullshit excuse that runs around here. No, no and no. Yes some people got bored but sign of a healthy game is influx of new players. There are thousands of noobies connecting to most popular native servers daily. They don't play for long, but there's a ton of them so servers are always full. Native is older than cRPG and has less incentive to play compared to cRPG (has no grind). Yet it is very much alive, unlike cRPG.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 02:33:04 pm by Leshma »

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2014, 02:38:21 pm »
Well, that is not my excuse. It is my guess only. As I said, I am still around. I haven't quit due to any of that yet.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 332
  • Infamy: 2130
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2014, 02:49:12 pm »
I know, but people around here like to say how game is old and that's the reason for low population, completely ignoring that mod design is bad and that is the actual reason alongside awful marketing (not the strongest side of donkey crew as we could see).

It is easier for native to get players because that is the default option when you buy the game, but cRPG used to have more players than native at one point and there were many servers. What we call EU1 today is actually EU4 of the past with same old players that played there (Fin's DoGs, SoA, Dolphin, only Zlisch is missing). What we called EU2 two weeks ago (while there were still players) was 3rd choice siege server (both EU2 and HRE were near full at that time). EU1 had 100+ players, 50 during the whole night. Rageball was full, we had two full DTV servers. Just a reminder for those who forgot what cRPG used to be and what has become.

Certain devs used to mock other games and even native for their lower population. Blast from the past, as they say.

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2014, 03:48:22 pm »
There has been no sizeable influx of new players, because of one simple reason I believe. That is the difficulty of it all or having to start as a peasant and climb all that steep ladder in painful agony.

I remember my first days. I was a bloody butcher in native. I could excel over anyone with any class (seriously, my old friendcher included). Then I came here. My spirit was crushed in, say, not maybe the first day but within the first week of playing. I was being slapped around like a beggar's ball of snot and it was pretty impossible to buy whatever gear I wanted to equip. I had to struggle with upkeep for a very very long time. Once I tackled it, the immense challenge of seasoned players was still there. Honestly, there were good people in native, but by that time I had never seen players as top-notch as crpg ones.

In brief, I can't even remember how many times I thought of quitting for good, uninstalling and never looking back. At this time, I could have been one of the native spergs who love to badmouth crpg instead of the zealot I am. I have no idea how I kept going or how I never quit. But I do understand why others do so within probably 1 or 2 weeks of time playing crpg.

You may disagree. But I have been there. I experienced all of this first hand. Thus I symphatize with newbs who have given this a chance but given up in the end.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2014, 05:20:35 pm »
+4
Amnesia might make me come back - that is, losing all my experience and skills and thousands of hours put into this thing.

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2014, 06:33:12 pm »
+1
Having decently populated servers would make me play more than 1h a week.

To have decently populated servers ... well, it's too late I believe.

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2014, 07:46:36 pm »
+1
Buff shields
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2014, 11:21:01 pm »
+8
undo every single change tydeus has implemented.
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline isatis

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ink+water showing their true potential!
    • View Profile
    • le Clan des Cochons!
  • Faction: Le clan des Cochons!!
  • Game nicks: Cochon_Furtif_Isatis
  • IRC nick: Isatis
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2014, 03:14:25 am »
+1
I just want loomable Smoke Bombs

:D

Or actual bombs like good old time

So the new response to ranged ragers is not "get a shield", it is "learn to chamber ranged nub!"
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2014, 12:43:48 pm »
+2
A last "goodbye"-event before switching to the first day of M:BG

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2015, 12:39:35 am »
+4
I wouldn't even change anything, I'd just somehow force other people to play so I'd have folk to kill.

The ONLY real reason besides my laptop being completely shithouse (still able to run cRPG barely) is that not enough people are playing. If the server population is sub-30 bare minimum, it just ain't fun for me.

the mod is ded because people don't play, and people don't play because the mod is ded.

RIP

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2015, 02:32:27 am »
Amnesia might make me come back - that is, losing all my experience and skills and thousands of hours put into this thing.

Agreed, if i had to relearn all there is to the combat mechanics and figure out strategies, trying out fresh new builds never seen before... that'd be a dream. A new game even, oh M:BG i want you in my steam library.

Also i never really quit but what i think would bring back players and maybe new ones would be reworking ranged to be the scrub players choice of feeling like he's doing something. Im for high damage but lower ammo counts etc, or just more damage in general. I just respecced archery so need try it out further, but for xbows it seems they just hit too weak to actually do anything with the time it takes to reload and all. Melee decides everything on the servers, and if you arent already good at melee you probably wont catch up unless you have a very strong will of getting better. And as it seems, new players dont give 2 fucks about melee, its all about shooting.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Utrakil

• Marshall
  • Renown: 885
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Randwig; Gerwin; Marketenderin; Fletcher
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2015, 06:12:39 pm »
I came back as soon as eu1 has more than 50 players.
Get rid of the loomshit would be nice too. but I think there is no resurection for this mod.